Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I dont like these 19 ft jump shots from Wall. Even if he makes it, its not a high % shot.

Point guards have to have a midrange shot though. Hard to play the position without one assuming they want to score. It forces the defender to respect it and not just sag back and cut the rim off.

Point guards have to have a midrange shot though. Hard to play the position without one assuming they want to score. It forces the defender to respect it and not just sag back and cut the rim off.

The only thing I'd like to see him cut down on are the heat check ones where he knows he should be milking the clock more. The Jordan shots. I understand why he does them. He's in the moment. But you've got to be boring sometimes and make the careful play.

Ariza 5-5 from 3.  62.5% as a team. Back over .500!

ren-and-stimpy-dance-o.gif

He couldn't miss. He hits some true BS some nights.

Luckily we get to play Orlando two more times.

I cant express enough how much Andre has added to this team. Our second unit looks great with him setting everyone up. If anything, i would like to see Temple get a little more burn when Beal's shot isnt falling. But thats about it. No complaints. Otto isnt playing this year. Its been decided. I gave up on that. Look forward to seeing him improve and surprise people next season.

Bit concerning that it took 20+ pt performances from 4 of our guys to beat a weak team by single digits. I hope Seraphin can start making good on the promise he shows at times.

Eh, the game was never really in doubt. We were basically winning by 10-20 points from the 1st quarter on. Would've been nice to blow them out by 40 but I mean it wasn't really necessary. Wall finished with 27 but I thought he could've just as easily have had 40 if he wanted to. It was domination.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 2

......If anything, i would like to see Temple get a little more burn when Beal's shot isnt falling. But thats about....

Anyone know what's going on with that Jimmy Fredette kid??? Is he currently a free agent. I'd LOVE for us pick him up and have him come off the bench for Beal. We could really use his offense, dude has the potential to be a beast. Not sure why Sacramento's coach kept him buried on the bench. Treated him Luke he caught him screwing his daughter. I like Temple. but I'd cut him in a second to pick up Fredette.

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

Id rather have Doom on the bench for now. He can play the backup point if our 37 year old backup pg gets injured. He can also play the backup 2 if needed. Hes a great defender, and he certainly knows our playbook. I think it would be better to keep the status quo and try and develop Rice as the backup SG next season.

Dont get me wrong. Jimmer is a pretty good prospect. But im not entirely sure picking him up now is the best option. On top of that, our last roster spot will be filled by that turd drew gooden for a much more necessary 4/5 spot now that Ves is gone, Nene is injured, Seraphin is coming off a dnp-injury, and Booker is gimpy. 

Yup. And have also grown to appreciate Temple as well. Noticed how big a part of the team he is. Always seems like the first guy off the bench to congratulate folks. He's grown on me a lot.

Thinking aloud: I wonder if he got a ring for his month on the Heat in '12. As far as I can tell, he never played a minute. Still from what I've seen, anyone associated with any championship team in anyway, always gets a ring.

Anyone know what's going on with that Jimmy Fredette kid??? Is he currently a free agency. I'd LOVE for us pick him up and have him come off the bench for Beal. We could really use his offense, dude has the potential to be a beast. Not sure why Sacramento's coach kept him buried on the bench. Treated him Luke he caught him screwing his daughter. I like Temple. but I'd cut him in a second to pick up Fredette.

He's a #2 in a #1's body. Fell out of favor in Sac for poor D and ball handling. I think he can score though, haven't checked his stats.

Anyway..... when Wall is "on" and aggressive....its been fun to watch. Last night there were moments where it seems like the guy covering him was running in slow motion. When him and Beal are hot at the same time......its been really run to watch. That has freed up Gortat to do his thing and especial Ariza to have all those open 3's. 

Bit concerning that it took 20+ pt performances from 4 of our guys to beat a weak team by single digits. I hope Seraphin can start making good on the promise he shows at times.

The defense was bad but that's understandable. Miller and Harrington haven't really been here and they got major burn and you had brand new lineups that hadn't played together before. Plus Nene was our best defensive big by far.

I cant express enough how much Andre has added to this team. Our second unit looks great with him setting everyone up. If anything, i would like to see Temple get a little more burn when Beal's shot isnt falling. But thats about it. No complaints. Otto isnt playing this year. Its been decided. I gave up on that. Look forward to seeing him improve and surprise people next season.

Miller is a really good player. I knew he was good, but I'm already convinced he's better than I thought. The only thing that sucks is his age. How much more can we get out of him? One thing to give you hope is that he's been an iron man in his career and he might just be one of those Darrell Green athletes that doesn't age like a normal human.

That trade is already looking like a good short term deal. We got rid of Maynor's deal and got the best player by far in the exchange. The only problem is that he's 38. It's good that Ernie somewhat fixed his mistakes with Vesely and Maynor. But it sucks that he made those mistakes in the first place.

Otto basically redshirted this year. It sucks because drafting a healthy player was supposed to be one of the positives of picking him over Len/Noel. Otto is just as far behind as them now. Whatever, let's hope he pans out and we didn't botch him too.

Great win last night. When Wall is attacking the basket, he is the scariest point guard in the NBA, and I am serious. He is kind of like a mini-Lebron in that regard.

How good is Oladipo going to be? He looks pretty good for a rookie everytime I see him play. He can create on the dribble for himself, shoot well enough to work with, get to the rim, and he plays defense. Not the next superstar but a pretty good draft pick in a bad draft.

I wasnt sure about his shot or handles at Indiana, but he proved me wrong. The boy can be a superstar, he has that fire in him and tries to improve every offseason. Seriously, I never saw any of this back at DeMatha or even his first couple of years at Indiana.