Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Im not one to gloat, but damnit i feel like i have to: 

I Told you all Otto was no bust! Dude should have been playing Webster's minutes last year. Eyes dont lie. Secondly, those glasses are a great look for him. Im all about it. Can I edit and put the specs on him in NBA2k15? Please tell me i can.

• Like 1

Pump the brakes on Otto, he's got like 60 more game minutes than Nerlens Noel, who is actually considered a rookie. He's a long way from consistent good play, even Beal was better late than early in year 2 and he's the more talented prospect.

Like I said last year, the wizards were developing him on the bench. He wasn't ready to contribute on a playoff team and he physically wasn't ready. The wizards don't have time to develop, they need ballers, so Otto got little burn. This year he'll be expected to play well or he will lose his minutes. I think he will, but not as good as summer league and preseason.

I like this. Expect success and don't waste everyone's time with on the job training. Winning mentality as opposed to rebuild thinking.

Edited by Destino

Man Porter was on fire in that first quarter. I like the way he just glides around the floor, finding good shots. He lulls you into thinking he's unathletic because he's so smooth looking but then you'll see him pick off a pass you didn't think he could get or catch a lob and show you he's a good athlete.

I still think Pierce should start, but Otto is made a good case for himself. Otto should be the sixth man and I think he should play ~28 minutes a night when he's healthy. I think he should come in early in the first for Pierce, who's minutes should be kept down in the first three quarters anyway so that he can play most of the fourth. What Otto's got to learn to do now is be a spark plug that can come in and start aggressively searching for shots, exactly like he did last night in that first quarter. Give Wall someone to assist.

Pump the brakes on Otto, he's got like 60 more game minutes than Nerlens Noel, who is actually considered a rookie. He's a long way from consistent good play, even Beal was better late than early in year 2 and he's the more talented prospect.

Like I said last year, the wizards were developing him on the bench. He wasn't ready to contribute on a playoff team and he physically wasn't ready. The wizards don't have time to develop, they need ballers, so Otto got little burn. This year he'll be expected to play well or he will lose his minutes. I think he will, but not as good as summer league and preseason.

I like this. Expect success and don't waste everyone's time with on the job training. Winning mentality as opposed to rebuild thinking.

I think Otto could start the season faster than Beal has his first two seasons. Granted, Beal tore it up last preseason too and did have a slow start to the season. But Beal is also a streaky player and as a go to scorer and shooter, his role was harder. Otto will probably get to do more blending in and just kind of play that three and D role. He probably won't be more than a third option most of the time. And in general, I think things will be easier for Otto because the team is now good. The team was still very much a work in progress for the first half of last season.

Porter has that clinical look. That Duncan look. Where you know he is processing a handful of information and calculating where to make his cuts at all times. Rip, Nash, and Rondo (when looking for his rebounds) do this as well. Always trying to find that little crease to glide through and knock down a jumper. Then after the shot sinks, head down, back on defense ready for the next posession.

I think Otto could start the season faster than Beal has his first two seasons. Granted, Beal tore it up last preseason too and did have a slow start to the season. But Beal is also a streaky player and as a go to scorer and shooter, his role was harder. Otto will probably get to do more blending in and just kind of play that three and D role. He probably won't be more than a third option most of the time. And in general, I think things will be easier for Otto because the team is now good. The team was still very much a work in progress for the first half of last season.

It's not just that the team is better, though you are right the team that started last season wasn't nearly as good as the one that ended the season.  Another major difference however is Otto's play and his health.  He got hurt before last season IIRC and he looked terrible in summer league.  This years Otto looked fantastic in summer league, looked good in preseason, and remains injury free.  I don't know what kind of work they did with him through the year while he rode the bench but he certainly looks much improved. 

Edited by Destino

Im not one to gloat, but damnit i feel like i have to: 

I Told you all Otto was no bust! Dude should have been playing Webster's minutes last year. Eyes dont lie. Secondly, those glasses are a great look for him. Im all about it. Can I edit and put the specs on him in NBA2k15? Please tell me i can.

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. There's been nothing to judge him on until this offseason, so I judged him harshly. However, the games don't count yet. 

A fan tweeted that they want Kevin Durant to return home like LeBron James and he responded, "just wait on it." Pic: pic.twitter.com/5Z1e21KtMb

Follo

@AlexKennedyNBA thats actually a lie. She didnt ask me about that, she asked me about shootin a commercial back in my hometown. Get it right

;) 

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Kris Humphries said his goal is to be ready to go Wednesday night for the opener, said catching ball more difficult but should give it a try

Washington Wizards @WashWizards

· Paul Pierce said he spent a lot of time playing the "4" at practice today, could be used there when team uses a smaller lineup
Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Getting giddy for game 1.  I missed the Knicks game, and admittedly from the highlights Brave posted, Wall is looking smooth on his jump shots.  Not sure how it's properly described in basket ball - Porter has a really compact shot even from distance.  Arm straight and a really small wrist flick and the ball flies out.  Thinking that style should be good for consistency, not much to go wrong.