Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I saw on ESPN that Lebron has lost a bunch of weight. That plus his drop off on defense and sudden increase of his post game last season suggests that Lebron is starting to feel his nba mileage.

He's still got years of high level play in him but it will be interesting to see how his game evolves.

colin cowherd another idiot ESPN guy literally trashes john wall because of his race

Cowherd basically declared Wall the worst human in existence after he did the dougie his rookie season. He's been beating that horse for that long. Not sure why anyone bothers to listen to him, he's been trash for years.

• Like 1

Did he say something else? Maybe john wall committed the sin of wearing a hat backwards.

Yeah, apparently he said something else today. I saw the headline on Deadspin, but I can't bring myself to click on it. Because Cowherd is a trolling d-bag, and I feel like I probably already know what he said. 

Yeah, apparently he said something else today. I saw the headline on Deadspin, but I can't bring myself to click on it. Because Cowherd is a trolling d-bag, and I feel like I probably already know what he said.

Read it. He's using Wall being an early cut from team USA as validation of his criticisms. His reasons for hating on Wall are crap as we've been over 100 times. Cowherd is a blowhard moron.

I actually agree that Wall being cut early is a ugly mark against him and that he didn't shoot well in the postseason. I've said the turnover thing before as well. The difference is I think Wall will improve because of what I've seen from his play and because the numbers show it. Cowherd thinks he won't because he did the dougie. Cowherd is essentially reading omens like some ridiculous suburban witch doctor. Backwards hat? Oh no that's a sure sign of many years of sadness!

Edited by Destino

Cowherd says a lot of things just to rile people up. He's not actually dumb enough to think his comments about Wall one day after his first professional game any way validate him being cut from the most elite basketball team in the world. Cowherd likes to do whatever it takes to keep his name in people's mouths.

He waits until he can find anything negative to say about Wall (lately those opportunities are very few) only because he knows legions of basketball fans and wizards fans send him a ton of hate mail. The same way they did when he made the incredibly inappropriate comments about Wall's upbringing and his leadership abilities based off him doing a dance. How espn justifies suspending Stephen A for his comments but consistently let Cowherd continue his race baiting is beyond me.

The best thing anyone can do about Cowherd is just to ignore him.

I actually agree that Wall being cut early is a ugly mark against him and that he didn't shoot well in the postseason. I've said the turnover thing before as well. The difference is I think Wall will improve because of what I've seen from his play and because the numbers show it. Cowherd thinks he won't because he did the dougie. Cowherd is essentially reading omens like some ridiculous suburban witch doctor. Backwards hat? Oh no that's a sure sign of many years of sadness!

I think it's an insult to Wall and I hope he takes it as such and uses it as motivation moving forward. If I'm him, I also tell Coach K and Jerry Colangelo they can eat **** on me ever coming out for Team USA again. Beal too. Bottom line, they cut them in favor of keeping lesser players.

BUT this **** is political. Kyrie Irving and Damian Lillard are no more deserving of being on the team than Wall. Hell, Derrick Rose hasn't played meaningful basketball in two ****ing years and he's a lock to be the starting PG? Korver and Thompson and Hayward aren't any more deserving than Beal either. But Wall and Beal didn't have anyone with Team USA to fight for them. Wall didn't even get one of the original invites! And Mason Plumlee gets kept coming off the select team. That tells you everything about the selection process. If Calipari were running the show instead of Krzyzewski, Wall would be starting.

• Like 1

John Wall's new Adidas shoe looks a lot better than his old reeboks.

adidas-john-wall-signature-shoe-usa.jpg

Doesn't look like Adidas gave him the new boost foam though. Lillard and Rose will have it in their new shoes with Adidas.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 2

Speaking of shoes, perusing through this database is pretty interesting: http://hoopshype.com/sneakers.htm

It's last updated in May so it doesn't reflect Durant's move to Under Armor or John's new shoe. But I thought the list of players who wore John's shoe last year was kind of cool: http://hoopshype.com/sneakers/adidas/crazyquick_pe.htm

Getting Kevin Durant put UA on the map IMO. He and Steph Curry can build their shoe brand up.

Hoopshype is weird man. I can look at the real estate properties Wall and Pierce and Gortat own on it.

John's mansion in Rockville: http://hoopshype.com/real_estate/players/john_wall.htm

March's property outside Orlando: http://hoopshype.com/real_estate/players/marcin_gortat.htm

Pierce's three houses: http://hoopshype.com/real_estate/players/paul_pierce.htm

I didn't realize Pierce kept a home in Vegas. A nice one too apparently. He must be really really into the Poker scene.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see March buy a house in the area soon, maybe sell that one in Orlando off. He's got aspirations of going into politics post basketball and it seems like this is the area for him to be.

Stupid copy-paste feature not working......I actually had to type all this out!

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/08/11/morning-shootaround-aug-11/#wizards

Wall has his motivation for next season - Washington Wizards guard John Wall has had his fair share of doubters throughout his NBA career, although his being a part of Team USA's training camp and his All-Star nod last season has quieted some of that chatter. Wall, though, was cut last week by Team USA in the first roster pare down and tells Ben Standig of CSNWashington.com he will use that as his motivation in 2014-15

Edited by TheItalianStallion
  • Like 1

#wizards will open season Oct. 29 in MIA vs LeBron James-less Heat. Home opener is Nov. 1 vs. Jabari Parker & MIL.

As announced on @NBATV, the #Wizards will play on Christmas Day in New York against the #Knicks at Noon on @ESPN #WizSchedule

RT @jorgeccastillo The Wizards will play 9 games on ESPN, 1 on TNT, and 5 on NBATV.

More schedule details here.. http://wizardsmysticstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/2014/08/13/wizards-announce-2014-15-schedule

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Skip to the 7:55 mark.

Bill Simmons discussing KD and the Wizards.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11347992&ex_cid=espnnbaTwitter

Why trade for Durant? If he isn't happy in OKC, he'll leave on the open market a year later and we'll have a great chance to get him without losing high value assets. He'll control his own fate. If he wants to come here, he'll come here so long as we can afford to offer him a max deal.

A trade to get him probably takes something like Beal, and then we clearly aren't a better landing spot than OKC.

• Like 2