Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

:ols:

Not going to lie, I find your pessimism entertaining. What's going to happen if you ever actually get to root for a good team again?

I'm a beaten dog man.:beatdeadhorse::pfft: Between the Redskins last 20 years, the Wizards 35, the Orioles 15 (until this year) and the Capitals choking year after year in the playoffs, I think my head would explode if one of them won a championship. :mad:

Sometimes I really don't mean to be an ass in here or in the NBA thread, but I'm beyond frustrated with sports.:( I did have Maryland win it all in basketball in 2002 and my alma mater Memphis played for it all in 2008 and lost.

I really appreciate all the optimism by some of the Wizards fans and I wish I could be that way, but when you've actually witnessed what I have witnessed from this franchise since 1978, some may get a different perspective on the team. I REALLY, really want this team to be a great team year in and year out. I would love to be able to provide great conversation about the NBA and the Wizards, but it's just not happening right not.

I've pretty much stopped watching the NBA like I did MLB up until this year. I know that sounds so fairweather and I'll admit it is, but at least I haven't started rooting for other teams. I've just taken a step back from both sports until the teams start playing better. The Orioles had a great season this year and now I'm curious to see them do it again.

Like I said, I try not to be a debbie downer and I don't mean to piss people off or make people mad, but that's my emotions coming out. Hell, look at what I think of the Redskins in my sig. Carry on and I hope one day, we can all celebrate the Wizards receiving and O'Brien that doesn't have bell bottoms on it.:cheers::cool:

Edited by pjfootballer

That's an article from the 8th of November and on track means who knows. This franchise is cursed. The least we can do is get a real GM in the meantime.

Yeah, that's a just vague piece of lip service. Until I hear about dates, I'm going to put him and Nene in the Pierre Garcon "Oh yeah, we have that guy" category

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 10:53 AM ----------

on a sidenote...T-Rob ****** up BIG TIME the other night smh

That's why the DMV can't have nice things

Bullets Forever:

After his latest MRI showed steady healing in his knee, it sounds like John Wall is still set to return within the next month. [sB Nation DC | Washington Post]

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/11/9/3622548/links-mri-shows-steady-healing-in-john-walls-knee

I know we're a beaten down fanbase, but yall gotta chill w/ the 24/7 doom and gloom. 2-4 weeks and he'll be back.

I don't see how this news is any different from what we've known since the injury news came out. He was projected to be out until late Nov and that is still the projection. The kind of injury he had, there was NEVER a set in stone date that he'd be back, just a projection.

Bullets Forever:

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/11/9/3622548/links-mri-shows-steady-healing-in-john-walls-knee

I know we're a beaten down fanbase, but yall gotta chill w/ the 24/7 doom and gloom. 2-4 weeks and he'll be back.

Don't you understand the mental agony of the Washington sports fan?

Here is how it works:

Step 1: Get your hopes up for a player.

Step 2: Begin to doubt your team will get said player.

* If your team gets the player

Step 3: Worry that he's not as good as you think or as good as the hype.

* If player turns out to be good

Step 5: Worry that he will be injured horribly.

* If player is not injured

Step 6: Worry that player will immediately want to leave Washington.

Edited by Destino

It's the Wizards, the worst team in the history of the NBA. Bad luck and injuries are like an inherent thing.

Team will suck this year. I'm amazed anyone thought otherwise. Just look at the damn roster.

Vesely= bust.

Well if they lose tonight, the season is over.

It's the Wizards, the worst team in the history of the NBA. Bad luck and injuries are like an inherent thing.

Team will suck this year. I'm amazed anyone thought otherwise. Just look at the damn roster.

Vesely= bust.

If we get Wall & Nene for a good chunk of the season will be just good enough to hit basketball purgatory.

The problem for Bullets fans is we just had a super star PG. He was lightning fast and could shoot from anywhere...then he got hurt, but he was due back...then there were constant set backs and blaming of the medical staff...he was never the same player...then there was a poo in a player's shoe...next thing you know there's guns involved...and it's time to rip up the team and start anew.

So we got a new super star PG. Only this one is real PG who does things like pass the ball and play D...but then he got hurt, but he's due back...now there's a set back without a date due back/date of expected recovery.

Isn't there a song about history repeating? Tough to say which is harder these days, being a Skins fan or a Bullets fan. Skins at least have their star on the field at the moment.

Edited by gbear

In the past certainly. They however are now among the best teams in the NBA. The wizards are still mired in the belief that no one wants to play here and that Ernie Grunfeld isn't a walking disaster.

That's cool but the worst team in NBA history cannot be a team that has won a championship, granted when Van Halen was fresh.

I'll just take a wait and see approach to Wall's injury. I don't really see a reason to get concerned about anything. I honestly hope we can learn to play more without him (you've got to work with what you've got not with what you hope for). If we can just run Crawford at the point more and Beal establishes his game, then I think we can look respectable (record wise, I think we look respectable right now competing in every game). I mean, if we were coming with a lineup of Crawford-Beal-Singleton-Booker-Seraphin (or sub in Webster for Singleton or Vesely for Booker, or maybe put Seraphin at the 4 and Okafur at the 5, whatever), I think thats a lineup right there that can compete with most teams.

I really think that we're a pretty good team talent wise, we saw that in Boston. We have depth at just about every position, just no superstar players. Its like our whole team is full of guys who you'd want as one of the first guys off your bench. We've just got to use that to our leverage and just continue playing games like we have been. Only problem is that we've got to keep changing the lineup and finding who's going to be hot that night. One night it's Barron, one night it's Martin, one night its Beal, one night it's Singleton. What we need is some consistency and the guys who are the most consistent become our starters. But even without Wall I think we're a competitive group if we just continue to play smart ball. Hopefully our shots just start going in more frequently and we stop making mistakes in crunch time.

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 05:34 PM ----------

And I'll add this, Lavar and whoever his co-host is today is are talking gloom and doom about the Wizards right now (glad they're finally talking Wizards, but damn). Anyway, people always talk about how Wall needs players around him. I think Crawford, Beal, Singleton, Vesely, Seraphin and Booker all have tons of potential. I really think that as they grow, so does John Wall. People always talk about how you can't compare Wall to other situations because he doesn't have the talent around him, but the way I see it, as these guys develop, that talent around him will continue to get better and Wall will shine more and more. Eventually, I'd like for him to develop his jumpshot, but until then the more these guys playing with him can work on their shots, the more John can dish it out and go about averaging 10-12 assists per game and putting up Rondo type assist numbers.