Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

GB with Klay Thompson it all depends some mocks you'll see him at 18 some you'll see him gone at #10 its tough to call but I'd love to have him on our team would provide a good scoring option

I'm not going by mocks Dukes....I'm going by my knowledge of the basketball players in this draft...and I'd be very surprised if Thomson isn't a lottery pick...I actually think he could go top ten. He is the best pure scorer in the draft. I'd love to have him on our team as well.

This is a proposed trade from another message board. When I saw it I just shook my head.

DET gets: R. Sessions, C. Eyenga, A. Blatche, approx. 6 millions TPE (CLE)

DET loses: C. Villanueva, B. Gordon, 2011 8th pick overall

WAS gets: C. Villanueva, B. Gordon, M. Harris, 2011 32nd pick overall (CLE), approx. 8 millions TPE (CLE)

WAS loses: R. Lewis, A. Blatche, J. Crawford, 2011 6th pick overall

CLE gets: R. Lewis, J. Crawford, 2011 6th and 8th overall picks (WAS & DET)

CLE loses: R. Sessions, C. Eyenga, M. Harris, 14 millions TPE (Lebron James), 2011 32nd pick overall

Why for the Pistons: BG and CV never fitted their team. Getting rid of their contracts accelerates their rebuilding process, with Rip's expiring in two seasons they're ready for a makeover.

They get a much needed productive PG in Sessions, a talented big in Blatche that can score & rebound (also cheaper than CV), and an athletic back up SG/SF with good defensive potential in Eyenga.

They also save money on the payroll and get a nice trade exception.

Why for the Wizards: Blatche has brought chemistry issues to the team so he brings them negative value and they want to move him.

They pick at 32 instead of 6 but still have the 18th pick to bring in a young talented SF.

Plus they get two young starters in BG and CV, a much better fit than in Detroit. CV has shown he could produce when he got his playing time as a Buck, and BG was looking very good paired up with a young supersonic PG in Rose.

Most importantly they get rid of Lewis' albatross contract and get cap relief, 8 millions TPE.

Why for the Cavaliers: it fits their rebuilding plan:

Lewis' contract expires in 2013 along with Davis', and Dan Gilbert gets the young talent he wants for his money. Four top ten picks isn't a bad way to start rebuilding a franchise.

Thoughts? Is it fair? There are a lot of ways to balance the trade with different pick combinations and/or fillers...

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

LOL!!! Why in the HELL would we accept that deal?

Clearly that guy isn't a Wizards fan, did it come from a Wizards board?

---------- Post added June-4th-2011 at 10:38 AM ----------

That would be one stupid ****ing trade.

It also has Grunfeld special written all over it. I can actually see it happening. :ols:

It'll never happen. Leonsis would never allow Grunfeld to trade Crawford, certainly not for such a ****ty return.

I think it's interesting this guy thinks we need cap relief right now... what for? There's a lockout on for next year and then his contract is expiring in the same window that benefits us as it does for the Cavs. And if Rashard's contract is such an albatross then why the hell would we trade it for two other, longer, awful contracts? Villaneuva is a bum and Gordon gives us less than we already had in Crawford to be honest. We get worse across the board with this deal.

Not only that, we probably want to move up, not waaaay down.

I see how this deal makes sense for the Cavs. I don't see how it makes any sense whatsoever for everyone else. Verdict: Cavs fan pipe dream.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

LOL!!! Why in the HELL would we accept that deal?

Clearly that guy isn't a Wizards fan, did it come from a Wizards board?

---------- Post added June-4th-2011 at 10:38 AM ----------

It'll never happen. Leonsis would never allow Grunfeld to trade Crawford, certainly not for such a ****ty return.

I think it's interesting this guy thinks we need cap relief right now... what for? There's a lockout on for next year and then his contract is expiring in the same window that benefits us as it does for the Cavs. And if Rashard's contract is such an albatross then why the hell would we trade it for two other, longer, awful contracts? Villaneuva is a bum and Gordon gives us less than we already had in Crawford to be honest. We get worse across the board with this deal.

Not only that, we probably want to move up, not waaaay down.

I see how this deal makes sense for the Cavs. I don't see how it makes any sense whatsoever for everyone else. Verdict: Cavs fan pipe dream.

The irony of the trade is that he wants to give us cap relief but we are getting two of the worst contracts in the league in return. :ols: :doh:

While we're at it why don't we trade Yi for Durant and McGee for Dwight Howard... :ols:

Why you laughing so hard. It might hurt our cap, but otherwise that sounds like a pretty good deal for us. Mind you, given the cap hit they ought to sweeten the pot with some draft picks too.

Kyle Weidie from Truth About It came up w. this proposal:

WASHINGTON WIZARDS GET:

2nd overall pick (from Minnesota)

Johnny Flynn (from Minnesota)

20th overall pick (from Golden State)

Michael Beasley or Nikola Pekovic (from Minnesota)

[Note: Surely many would prefer Beasley, but likely not me. Bringing him back to his home area sounds like a horrible idea, just as replacing Blatche with him does. Pekovic could be a decent big man, I don't know enough about him other than to say Google him, he's somewhat intriguing.]

MINNESOTA T-WOLVES GET:

David Lee (from Golden State)

6th overall pick (from Washington)

34th overall pick (from Washington)

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS GET:

Andray Blatche (from Washington)

18th overall pick (from Washington)

Kevin Seraphin or Trevor Booker (from Washington)

[Note: I think I'd rather trade Seraphin in this instance, perhaps could go either way.]

The player-swap portion works in the ESPN Trade Machine — I know, none of this means much (and that Golden State probably never does this, even though Lee’s contract is absurd).

Still, Wizards fans, what do you think?

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2011/06/trade-anybody-but-javale-mcgee-washington-wizards.html#more-15941

Honestly, I'd do a backflip if this actually went down....

Booker seems like the kinda guy the Wizards always find and give away for nothing who turns out to be a key component to someone els's championship. The team really needs to start valuing effort, hustle and heart guys who play d.

Why you laughing so hard. It might hurt our cap, but otherwise that sounds like a pretty good deal for us. Mind you, given the cap hit they ought to sweeten the pot with some draft picks too.

Agreed. The cap hit from those moves are a serious concern. Orlando needs to go ahead and take Rashard Lewis's contract back too as part of any Javale for Howard deal.

I'm starting to believe that we will either trade up for Kanter or Williams.

I've been watching Derrick Williams videos. He would be SO ideal as a scoring option for this team. Love the way he plays. Ernie and Ted have to be salivating at the thought of pairing him with Wall.

Make it ****ing happen.

Kyle Weidie from Truth About It came up w. this proposal:

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2011/06/trade-anybody-but-javale-mcgee-washington-wizards.html#more-15941

Honestly, I'd do a backflip if this actually went down....

Well it's beneficial to us probably, but like the guy says, what's in it for Golden State? Why do they make this move? Sure Lee's contract looks like a mistake right now but I still don't think that's reason enough to take this trade.

It's also a really bad deal for Minnesota too since Lee doesn't fit well with Kevin Love at all. Plus they don't really need the draft picks they get in return from us. They need veteran pieces who fit. I think this trade has 0 chance of happening.

Well it's beneficial to us probably, but like the guy says, what's in it for Golden State? Why do they make this move? Sure Lee's contract looks like a mistake right now but I still don't think that's reason enough to take this trade.

It's also a really bad deal for Minnesota too since Lee doesn't fit well with Kevin Love at all. Plus they don't really need the draft picks they get in return from us. They need veteran pieces who fit. I think this trade has 0 chance of happening.

I totally agree...I think it has 0% chance of going through, but if it did...

McGee

Williams

Beasley

Crawford

Wall

*Didn't include Young, b/c no one knows what his plans are....also, I made the assumption we'd use the #2 on Williams assuming Irving went #1

I'm starting to believe that we will either trade up for Kanter or Williams.

I've been watching Derrick Williams videos. He would be SO ideal as a scoring option for this team. Love the way he plays. Ernie and Ted have to be salivating at the thought of pairing him with Wall.

Make it ****ing happen.

Williams is exciting and he's got an interesting set of physical tools. I like the way he finishes plays. I bet if you polled all the NCAA players they'd probably say Williams was the best player in college this year after Kemba Walker and he's the NCAA player with the best pro potential IMO.

Wall & Williams isn't quite Stockton & Malone but I think there's a similar dynamic there and similar dominant pick and roll potential.

What I'd like is to have Kanter drop to 6th and end up with both Blatche and Kanter after the draft. I'd take that over any scenario that gives us Williams or Kanter and results in losing Blatche. The NBA isn't about the team the best starting five. It's about the team with the best 8-10.

I think this result gives us the most options moving forward:

McGee - Seraphin

Kanter - Blatche

Lewis - Booker - Honeycutt

Young

Wall - Crawford

What I'd like is to have Kanter drop to 6th and end up with both Blatche and Kanter after the draft. I'd take that over any scenario that gives us Williams or Kanter and results in losing Blatche. The NBA isn't about the team the best starting five. It's about the team with the best 8-10.

I think this result gives us the most options moving forward:

McGee - Seraphin

Kanter - Blatche

Lewis - Booker - Honeycutt

Young

Wall - Crawford

This.

McGee

Williams

Beasley

Crawford

Wall

*Didn't include Young, b/c no one knows what his plans are....also, I made the assumption we'd use the #2 on Williams assuming Irving went #1

How do you feel about Beasley though? I talked about wanting him at the beginning of the year and most people around here made some good arguments about how he'd have been a mistake. He'd scare me and I agree with the point about him being far too close to his old stomping grounds if he played for us. Plus he seems kind of soft. I'm not sure having Crawford, Beasley, and Williams all fits together because that's probably a lot of high shot guys on the floor at once. Also it's not a great defensive unit as of right now.

McGee

Williams

Beasley

Crawford

Wall

I don't like that lineup on the floor. Though it might be good in a video game.

- Beasley is a defensive liability at the 3 and an offensive black hole. He'd be better at the 4 as a back up than at the 3 as a starter on a team that wanted to win a series in the post season.

- Crawford is too small to stay with NBA shooting guards on the defensive end.

- Williams is a tweener that has been pushed around on rebounds and while on defense in college... the NBA bigs aren't going to be nicer to him.

I think the lineup can score while the starters are on the floor but I wouldn't expect them to defend well. Plus who is scoring off the bench after Lewis gets injured?