Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This whole thing is weird. First it was a foot, then an ankle, then a heel, then knee tendanitis and now a bone bruise.

Do the Wiz and Caps use the same medical staff?

Please, please, please, please, tell me you are going to email Ted back. I am sorry, but cleaning house of the medical staff is priority #1 this off-season.

We can't risk Wall's future, and in the hand of our current medical team he will be Greg Oden.

Edited by Duckus

Do the Wiz and Caps use the same medical staff?

Maybe, maybe not. Like I mentioned a while back, this team does not have its own medical staff and neither do the Caps. They see team recommended doctors but none of them are within our franchise structure. They are general physicians in the DMV area.

Remember Hamilton's botched nose surgery? The doctors who performed it did so as they would for a regular person and not a high contact athlete. They shaved so much cartilage that Hamilton had no choice but to wear that face guard for the rest of his career.

That should tell you the type of care our athletes are getting.

Edited by No Excuses

Did he get on your case for posting it here?

I'll say this: I kinda view Snyder as an old school corporate/politician-lite business man. On the other hand, Ted is a new school man-of-the-people type businessman. Like a google or an Apple. Real plugged into his customers, popular culture, etc.

The Gilbert trade doesn't upset me. While he was the best player we've had in a long time, it was time to move on so Wall can be the PG and Young can get more minutes at SG. Good to see Howard back. He gave us more than I thought he would. Rashard gives us a legit outside shooter, but the thing is, we're already a jump shooting team. We rarely get points in the paint. Oh, and same old Wiz. Losing games at the line, bad shots, bad defense. Captain Kirk is an 85% free throw shooter and somehow I knew he'd miss one. Wade shoots 72% and buries both. Shows you why Wade is a superstar and Kirk is a backup.

---------- Post added December-20th-2010 at 01:44 PM ----------

I'm curious about all of it.

Nash and Vince?

Also for Wiz fans.....Rashard doesn't miss games. He is never, and I mean ever, injured.

Thanks for jinxing us. Have you ever heard of the "Curse of Les Boullez"?

I'm all for tanking to get a high pick in theory. But man is it hard to stomach in practice. That loss to Miami wiped me out. I wanted that one bad and it felt terrible to lose. They knew they stole one there at the end, celebrating like a bunch of 15 year olds after beating the worst team in the league by one point. It hurt worse because it happened right after we found out we're losing Arenas. Especially since the compensation seemingly sucks.

The only thing I could feel good about from that game was Nick Young's shooting. And knowing that we should have beaten one of the "elite" teams of the NBA even though we didn't have our two best players.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

i'm back in town for the week, headed to the game tonight

was hoping to see Wall, but that would be too much like right :(

Hopefully you get to see Rashard. I just searched on the Post site, but don't see anything about his status for tonight.

McD5, NOBODY cares about Rashard. You act like he's Michael Jordan.

That's pathetic if no one cares about seeing him. Get over Arenas already. You are crazy.

No one ever said he was MJ. But he's exciting. And with Wall out, he's definitely the best player on your roster.

I can't believe the WP online doesn't have a status update. That site blows compared to the coverage down here.:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/12/arenas-clark-richardson-and-turkoglu-set-to-play-tonight.html

Edited by McD5

I can't believe the WP online doesn't have a status update. That site blows compared to the coverage down here.:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/12/arenas-clark-richardson-and-turkoglu-set-to-play-tonight.html

Coverage in Orlando? :ols:

You came here citing Orlando coverage saying the Magic are getting Melo, which was wrong. You then cited Orlando coverage again saying the Rashard for Arenas trade is dead when every site and their mother was reporting it done.

You then cited an Orlando publication about linking high steroid levels in Lewis' body to a freakin smoothie. I still haven't seen this article but I already know what my response is to it. :ols:

Come on McD, step it up.

Wow....enough negativity from the Wiz fans. Set the razor down, it can't possibly be that bad.

Arenas isn't great, but I'm excited to see him tonight. He flew down immediately, and looks ready to go.

I would be excited to see any good player on the floor for my team.

That's pathetic if no one cares about seeing him. Get over Arenas already. You are crazy.

No one ever said he was MJ. But he's exciting. And with Wall out, he's definitely the best player on your roster.

Here's the page you're looking for: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/monday-morning-brew-top-1.html

Exact same information as the Orlando paper. Lewis was scheduled for a physical this morning. He is expected to play.