Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 12/2/2022 at 11:51 PM, TradeTheBeal! said:

Dude we get it.  You don’t like Leonsis.  

Dig deep and get some new material for us. If…IF, you have it in you.

Ok, what about how his mouthpieces Chris Miller and Drew Gooden are lauding Gafford's dunk in garbage time tonight?  Total homers who are easily the worst broadcast crew in the NBA.  There is a reason he cheaps out on the broadcast.  How about those stupid superimposed ads in the corner of the court that really hamper the watching experience.  As long as Leonsis makes a buck, he doesn't care.  How about making his friend be interviewed while a game is going on (that happened earlier in the season).  If Snyder did any of this, he'd be crucified (and rightfully so).  Instead, Leonsis get a pass.  That's why I listened to the Lakers commentators instead.  Night & Day difference between the broadcasts and professionalism.      

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Ok, what about how his mouthpieces Chris Miller and Drew Gooden are lauding Gafford's dunk in garbage time tonight?  Total homers who are easily the worst broadcast crew in the NBA.  There is a reason he cheaps out on the broadcast.  How about those stupid superimposed ads in the corner of the court that really hamper the watching experience.  As long as Leonsis makes a buck, he doesn't care.  How about making his friend be interviewed while a game is going on (that happened earlier in the season).  If Snyder did any of this, he'd be crucified (and rightfully so).  Instead, Leonsis get a pass.  That's why I listened to the Lakers commentators instead.  Night & Day difference between the broadcasts and professionalism.      

Where do you think Leonsis gets a pass? People are sick of his **** with the Wiz. I don't see a bunch of social media supporting Ted. I mean, only the sports network he owns actually supports him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

Where do you think Leonsis gets a pass? People are sick of his **** with the Wiz. I don't see a bunch of social media supporting Ted. I mean, only the sports network he owns actually supports him. 

Maybe not from the diehard fans like us, but surely from the inept local media (except for Josh Robbins & David Aldridge from The Athletic).  Sheehan just said within the last week that he thought the Wizards would get a 6th seed LOL.  Since they are buddy-buddy with the announcers, no criticism of the inept Chris Miller & Gooden is warranted.  Cakes from the Junkies the closest critical Wiz fan since he said they should have tanked years ago and are instead taking Johnny Davis types.

Keep thinking back to right after the draft where Shepard did the radio interviews talking about being an opportunistic franchise. Dude, you ****ed up your draft pick and your owner had you give a super max to a guy who simply isn't THE GUY. No clue if you agreed or not.

Just don't see a path or even a chance for things to get much different that this. They would need a number of guys nobody expects to develop beyond expectations all at the same time, and stay healthy. 

16 hours ago, bearrock said:

Is he a restricted FA once he opts out?  Otherwise, isn't the chance of him leaving in the offseason pretty high?

When he opts out, they have his Bird rights.  So they can exceed the cap to keep him.

BTW, another wasted opportunity last night at the free throw line.

15 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

When he opts out, they have his Bird rights.  So they can exceed the cap to keep him.

BTW, another wasted opportunity last night at the free throw line.

They are a hair below the lux tax as is.  Wiz are gonna lock themselves into taxpayer for the next few years to keep the core of current trio?  

On 12/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, bearrock said:

They are a hair below the lux tax as is.  Wiz are gonna lock themselves into taxpayer for the next few years to keep the core of current trio?  

Hopefully not cause this organization is terrible. They have got to get a new GM and they need to move every valuable piece possible. 

• Like 3

This season devolving happened much faster than expected. If I were Kuz or Porzingy, I'd want out. Came in and played with Beal watching from whatever the NBA calls their IL. Then he gets paid way beyond his value to the team on and off court. Then they get to see him watching while injured again. 

And Shepards draft picks either unavailable or on the D league? 

Good money after bad.