Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

9 hours ago, Destino said:

THAT play is how the wizards end the game out of a time out?  

is there a shortage of coaches that can draw up a play?  Like are there only a dozen in the whole world and we just can’t have one?  

I’d gladly trade Beal for a younger star.  OKC also has an amazing draft record.  Know which team doesn’t?  Three guesses.  

What the Wizards clearly won’t do is trade their best player for late first round picks that aren’t worth ****.  And everyone seems to want them to do that.

Why not?  This team needs to tear it down and tank.  Getting as many high picks as possible (due to their bad record) is paramount.  Getting rid of an albatross 250 million contract would be worth its weight in gold.  Even this inept FO wouldn't mess up top 3-5 picks (they are not taking Johnny Davis types with the 5th pick).  Cleveland proved that due to astute trades and smart drafting (with top 5 picks) that you can rebuild quickly if ownership allows it.  Garland & Mobley are studs.  Leonsis needs the money (Sheehan confirmed this) from play-ins to remain profitable.  There is a reason why this team has never won 50+ games in 40+ years.  Biggest mom & pop team in the NBA.  Leonsis has no desire to ever win. Promoting Grunfeld's lackey after Masai & Connolly turned him down because he wouldn't rebuild is why this team will never go anywhere.  

Imagine if Snyder promoted Cerratto's or Bruce Allen's #2 after their years of ineptitude?  Leonsis gets an easy pass in this market for being one of the worst owners in the NBA.    

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

This halftime celebration is mailing me feel old.  I remember waiting for a table at Cheesecake Factory at White Flint Mall and Arenas was too.

Anyhoo, shame they couldn’t let Javaris Crittendpn out of prison for the occasion.

only reason I ever got out to White Flint was for Dave and Busters.  That mall no longer exists and now exists purely as memories to make us feel old.  😆

2 hours ago, DemSkinz said:

Can Porzingis not make a shot in the middle of the zone? Can anyone defend?

Wizards couldn’t even generate a single good shot in OT.  

On 11/18/2022 at 11:09 PM, Destino said:

only reason I ever got out to White Flint was for Dave and Busters.  That mall no longer exists and now exists purely as memories to make us feel old.  😆

😲😲😲 Holy crap!!! I figured you were exaggerating so I looked it up and damn if they didn't tear down White Flint!! WTF??? Obviously it's been a while since I've been back to "Da Uhrrhea".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

No Beal, Rui, or monte tonight.  Johnny Davis is getting some run.  Playing a bit of defense.  Had a really nice help block on Lowry.

Yeah saw that.  He's definitely ahead on defense vs offense.  Looks a bit more confident too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Destino said:

Really missed an attacking guard tonight when the team went cold from three.  

The couldn’t shoot, couldn’t get any loose balls, gave up too many second chance points, but were still able to erase a 21 point lead.  No moral victories, but at least they put up a fight in the second half.

3 chances to get a single fg and the lead, can't do it.

Really tired of Beal getting the ball asap in situations like that to "initiate" the offense, tired of folks telling me the PG play has improved when Beal is on the floor it doesn't seem like they are helping run the offense at all.

• Thanks 1

Why TF is Krispert getting SO much ****ing playing time???? He ****ing sucks, he shot a critical 3 pointer off the side of the backboard......if his 3 pointer aint falling, get him the TF out of the game. He hustles, but has NO athletic ability and he's too short, so he's constantly getting scored on. Send him to the ****ing D-League.......And if Gafford has the hot hand, leave him in the ****ing game!! IDC who the starter his, the point is to win the damn game. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

Porzingis is balling his face off, 29 points at halftime.  This game is going exactly as I thought it would, the Timberwolves are overrated in my opinion, that Gobert experiment is not working out whatsoever.  And KAT is not playing up to his standards.  Their defense is atrocious.  

• Like 2