Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, abdcskins said:

Beal!!!  Trying to change that non-clutch narrative!!  That was a big shot.  A little sloppy down the stretch as usual - what was Gil doing in there at the end? 

The bar was low, but wow, jus because PG depth "improved" doesn't mean it's any good.

Wall is making less then $7 million a year...Johnny Davis is making about $5 million each of the next two.  Damm shame we couldn't figure this one out...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Beal!!!  Trying to change that non-clutch narrative!!  That was a big shot.  A little sloppy down the stretch as usual - what was Gil doing in there at the end? 

Yeah.  When KP fouled out I did not expect him to come in when you have Gafford, Rui, and Barton.  Gil had that nice back door pass, but, whoa, you can’t be that lackadaisical on that turnover.

Solid win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

The bar was low, but wow, jus because PG depth "improved" doesn't mean it's any good.

Wall is making less then $7 million a year...Johnny Davis is making about $5 million each of the next two.  Damm shame we couldn't figure this one out...

Wright is such a good defensive PG.  He should be closing games.  

Man I was wish we sucked more last year.  Pacers got a STUD in Mathurin.  Even getting. to 7 with Portlan'd pick of Sharpe would have awesome.  Heck, Ivey at 6 would have been ideal.  Davis just doesn't compare to those cats.  Imagine Mathurin on this team.   

17 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Man I was wish we sucked more last year.  Pacers got a STUD in Mathurin.  Even getting. to 7 with Portlan'd pick of Sharpe would have awesome.  Heck, Ivey at 6 would have been ideal.  Davis just doesn't compare to those cats.  Imagine Mathurin on this team.   

This team doesn't draft well enough to wish for tanking...rather of traded the pick and made a serious attempt at Wall.

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This team doesn't draft well enough to wish for tanking...rather of traded the pick and made a serious attempt at Wall.

Yeah, historically, they only do well on the obvious ones.  However, the beat guys all said we loved Ivey and were looking to move up for him.  There's an obvious talent difference between Davis and Mathurin/Ivey/Sharpe.  I would have done the Knicks trade and gotten our pick pick (OKC traded 3 future 1sts (including the rights to ours) for #11).  I was never in on Davis.  I think they are afraid of sending him to the G-league.  He might get even more exposed there. 

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

I believe Wright closed out game 1.  I think the Deni injury kind of messed with the rotation in that game though.  The second unit as a whole tonight was pretty rough.  Unseld will need to figure out the rotation.  There are a lot of combinations that he can use.  I do like the Morris/Wright combo though.

BTW, Ivey was 5 and Mathurin was 6.  Both are nasty though.

7 hours ago, Commander -JB- said:

I have a friend who thinks Johnny Davis will end up the best player in this draft and he was saying that before the draft and not a Wizards fan.  Time will tell.

If he stays healthy, I think it'll be Chet.  However, Mathurin is already my #2 (even above Ivey & Paolo).  He's looks THAT good.  

Wiz certainly didn't quit.  Going to OT.  

36 minutes ago, Destino said:

I really wish we’d had gotten DMitch.  What a huge missed opportunity.  

wizards aren’t shooting enough three’s or free throws. They are a vet team though, so they’re going to be tougher than you think if they stay healthy.  

We couldn't have done the deal.  We can't trade future firsts due to an outstanding 1st that the Knicks currently have the rights to.  Plus, Utah got Laurie Markinan who is balling right now.  

Just now, MonkFan8 said:

Cavs blew it to end regulation, so only fair for the Wiz to completely forget how to play basketball in OT. Gross FT shooting and offensive sets. 

Need more from Kuzma in a game like this, granted Mobley is a really tough matchup for him.

Kuzma really isn't a great clutch FT shooter.  It's weird.  He missed a ton in close games last year for some reason.

No Kispert is a huge loss right now.  He'd give a much needed offensive spark to the 2nd unit.  

• Like 1

I’m still not sold on WUJ.  I’m not seeing play calls in crucial spots.  Still not seeing off ball action generating easy offense.  Also there were a few spots where guys didn’t seem to know what they were doing or where they should be.