Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Mystics can barely keep up with the Sky with Della Donne, they getting curb stomped with her resting. 

It's hard to say if we win this game in Chicago even with her healthy, Austin not ready to carry them, having hard time with Parker right now.

Oh Ted. You still have no idea. Nobody liked those when they were new, old, or retro. Last week I saw a 70th Anniversary Skins Bruce Smith Jersey. Can't tell you the last time I've seen anyone anywhere in this teal disasters. 

• Like 3

Ugh they're getting praise all over social media. I feel like I'm being trolled.

They represent the death of the Bullets to me. At least with the red, white and blue unis we had somewhat of a connection. Now we're back to those awful uniforms and awful logo to go with the awful name.

• Thumb up 1

56 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Ugh they're getting praise all over social media. I feel like I'm being trolled.

They represent the death of the Bullets to me. At least with the red, white and blue unis we had somewhat of a connection. Now we're back to those awful uniforms and awful logo to go with the awful name.

Where have you seen praise? I've seen ridicule. 

we have a beal at home

why do we need another one

On 8/10/2022 at 6:33 PM, @DCGoldPants said:

Oh Ted. You still have no idea. Nobody liked those when they were new, old, or retro. Last week I saw a 70th Anniversary Skins Bruce Smith Jersey. Can't tell you the last time I've seen anyone anywhere in this teal disasters. 

he can go **** himself to be honest with you

**** Kevin Durant / **** Kevin Durant

as the famed rap song goes

The Washington Wizards announced their 2022-23 regular season schedule today, with the season opener set for Wednesday, Oct. 19 in Indiana. The Wizards’ home schedule opens two days later versus the Chicago Bulls on Friday, Oct. 21 at Capital One Arena. The team will also welcome the Detroit Pistons (Oct. 25), Indiana Pacers (Oct. 28), and Philadelphia Sixers (Oct. 31) to D.C. during the month of October. The 2022-23 Wizards season will be presented by Capital One.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Anyone watching game 1 Mystics @ Storm? 

Good game so far.

Having Delle Donne healthy gives a chance, New York stealing a game in Chicago gives me optimism we can do the same if it comes to it.

41 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Delle Donne on a murder mission...combine that with best defense in the league, look out...

They played like garbage down the stretch. Guards were playing bad at the end. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Hersh said:

They played like garbage down the stretch. Guards were playing bad at the end. 

Yea, they blew it, and Natasha Cloud started hot, too.

I really don't like the WNBA three game format. If for any reason the first two are at the higher seed.

Edited by Renegade7

Jus turned on game 2, looks like Mystics got jumped on early bout clawed back into striking range.

Ugh, Tina Charles just pwned Austin and Cloud under the basket, damn shame we had her here and now she's against us (like Messeman).

Edit: got lead back, nice work, keep fighting

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Mystic had a good year after an iffy last year (but EDD was out for most of that year)

Just ran into a better team

Yea, they need Austin to be another star in that team, Delle Donne didn't even win Finals MVP the year we won the championship.  I love Natasha Cloud, but she ain't it.

Fascinating.

Paging @Riggo#44 could Ted get the Nationals out of the MASN deal if he bought the Nats?

Even if he has to wait, the idea of Ted owning more then one medium to show his games versus having to deal with Angelos and MASN is enticing AF.

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fascinating.

Paging @Riggo#44 could Ted get the Nationals out of the MASN deal if he bought the Nats?

Even if he has to wait, the idea of Ted owning more then one medium to show his games versus having to deal with Angelos and MASN is enticing AF.

It's in perpetuity.  Either Angelos' clan or the new Baltimore owner agrees to let Nationals out or the equal TV rights fee scheme brings MASN down.  Short of that, there's no out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fascinating.

Trust me, as a Wizards fan, you would NEVER want Turd Leonsis as your team's owner.  He's the worst owner in the NBA bar none.  The Wizards will never win anything will be stuck in the 8-12 draft range in perpetuity due to his inane never tank strategy.  Detroit was in nowhere land 3 years ago, and they have already surpassed the Wizards' future by tanking and rebuilding properly.  The Wizards have the worst outlook out of every team in the east except maybe Charlotte (who at least has LaMelo) and NY (who at least has multiple future firsts and flexibility).  

Not tanking gets you Kispert (who I like and will be a solid role player) instead of being in position to draft Cade, Mobely, Green, Barnes, Giddey, Kuminga, Wagner, etc.  Last year's draft will be an all-timer and the Wizards decided to compete for the play-in.  

• Thumb down 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...