Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Fire everyone and start over

It looks dire right now and you're probably a step ahead of most as far as facing reality goes.

I'm trying to keep in mind that the Rockets are also 1-4 and we can turn this around. Mind you, I'm not under the impression that a turnaround would mean a top 3 seed or anything. I just mean a competitive season. I've spent too many years watching a hopeless team to fool myself into thinking I can just quit watching but I have to wonder if I have another restart in me at this age.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoDeep81 said:

Just from a "team sport" perspective, you have to put this on the coach, no? I watch when they're on national tv (Im not local) so it's a pretty small view, but they just look like 5 guys going through the motions to me. No movement, no intensity/confidence? I mean, what do they practice doing all off season? Isn't it a veteran team?? I put that kinda junk on the coach.. I mean, players gotta play, but damn.. Where's the structure? Oh well, Ted gonna Ted.. Carry on. 

Its little **** that the coach does that have a lasting effect that you can ONLY put on him that piss me off. 

Number one is ****ing time outs. He only calls timeouts after we give up a 10 point lead. That's it. And it's been that way for years. Who the **** does that? 

Then it's the players attitudes. They dont respect him. Wall comes off the floor and walks right by him. Morris out here challanging cats to fights and not even getting a stern look. Best shooter on the team doesnt get shots. No offensive game plan other than give it to Wall and watch him work. 

You could go on. I hate the man really. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

coaching salaries dont affect me because they don't affect the cap

just speaks more to Ted & Ernie's stupidity really

I think it's more along the lines of ownership not being willing to eat that contract because of how much he makes.  We may be stuck with Brooks 'til his deal is up.  Still can't believe they gave him 5/35 BEFORE even getting the green light from KD.  Talking about putting the cart before the horse...but that's the Wizards in a nut shell SMH.  I hate this franchise.  I really do. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 3

"We talk about it. We say when we play these teams that are not above .500 or not one of the great teams, we go out there playing for stats," Wall said, according to The Washington Post. "It's simple as that. We can see it. I think we all can see it when we play."

Beal said, "plain and simple," the problem was the Wizards were being too selfish -- on both ends of the floor.

"Sometimes even myself included," Beal said. "Sometimes we do one-pass shots, no-pass shots. Two or three passes on one side of the floor versus moving on both sides of the floor. Teams are going to load up on me and John. That's something that we should know by now. We got to do a better job of creating, putting the ball on the floor and moving it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21905190/john-wall-washington-wizards-playing-stats-vs-lesser-teams

Wall and Beal, December 2017

Bad habits don't change on their own.  Cultures don't change on their own.  This is the exact same team as last year minus Gortat and Mike Scott and plus Jeff Green and Austin Rivers.  Shuffling on the periphery.  Same structural issues.  You will not see a change in course without changing the FO and coaching staff.  49 win ceiling.  Middle seed ceiling.  Second round loss to the one seed again ceiling.  Or if Wall gets hurt again, replace middle seed and second round with 8th seed and first round.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

I wonder if Brooks was the reason KD didn't even give us a meeting during his FA year. Obviously was the longest of longshots to sign here. But with Brooks newly on board, he wasnt even gonna entertain the idea. 

I'm not sure if it was the main reason he wouldn't even meet with us, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was a pretty big reason.  He knew what we were headed for better than anyone else.  He wasn't interested in replaying the situation in OKC.  Not only that, Ernie Grunfeld is no Sam Presti.  He wanted to go to a team with structure who was running a real system.  He wanted to be a cog in a bigger machine.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Howard's not even on the ****ing team.  He's a ****ing clown mercenary who hasn't shown up for a single team event.  Not training camp.  Not the preseason.  Not even for the ****ing games.  The team is lying about his injury and his status with the team.  Plain and simple.  He's not there at all.  

Wow, that sucks didnt know that. 

54 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

KD was never coming here. This area has no appeal and no recent history. He could go to GS and win titles. He can't do that here. We aren't even anywhere close to winning a title. 

aint you a lakers fan tho?

Black_3592f4_5462414.gif

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4