Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's not fair, like, cmon, most teams throughout history have never had a player like Curry or Jordan or LeBron, they why they are called generational

Not sure if you read the article, but Bontemps agrees.

His point was that the Wizards should either a)try and get one or someone elite b)collect assets and a talented and contending team that can compete even if they don't have one - like Boston and Toronto has done

The Wizards have done neither and are falling behind. He actually implies that they should look to break this group up, including one of Wall or Beal, in order to at least get assets.

15 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Not sure if you read the article, but Bontemps agrees.

His point was that the Wizards should either a)try and get one or someone elite b)collect assets and a talented and contending team that can compete even if they don't have one - like Boston and Toronto has done

The Wizards have done neither and are falling behind. He actually implies that they should look to break this group up, including one of Wall or Beal, in order to at least get assets.

I'll read it later, in class, reacting to title more then you posting it. Vehemently disagree with blowing this up, I don't trust Ernie to build anything close to it again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I’m all for blowing it up but I’m with you that Ernie shouldn’t make the decision.

He will which is why I don't want to do it.  I need more time before I agree with blowing this up, but yea, if never let ernie come near a third rebuild. **** that dude.

Really want to see this team with a healthy Howard.  We are scoring a lot of points and limiting turnovers, we probably won't see this potential until end of the year, but I'm still a believer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I agree with Bontemps. I also think there are players out there who, while not generational are still a cut above the "franchise players." For example, Kawhi, Giannis, Kyrie.

John Wall is as physically talented as any of those players but it's about the mind and the heart. That's where championships come from and I don't view Wall or Beal as being in that realm, much less the "generational" realm. Wall and Beal are franchise but that's where it ends.

When we had Paul Pierce we had a player who, despite being at the end of his physical abilities, could truly lead a team with his mind and his heart.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I agree with Bontemps. I also think there are players out there who, while not generational are still a cut above the "franchise players." For example, Kawhi, Giannis, Kyrie.

John Wall is as physically talented as any of those players but it's about the mind and the heart. That's where championships come from and I don't view Wall or Beal as being in that realm, much less the "generational" realm. Wall and Beal are franchise but that's where it ends.

When we had Paul Pierce we had a player who, despite being at the end of his physical abilities, could truly lead a team with his mind and his heart.

I'm getting tired of you challenging Walls heart, of all the things, that's the least of his problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

He could have wrote that article for like 27 different teams

And?

Bontemps is only saying that this Wizards team isn’t it. In the eastern conference, we have fallen further behind despite the only generational talent in the conference moved to LA.

And we are paying guys who aren’t even elite talents as if they are elite talents. This team is a mess and not going anywhere.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm getting tired of you challenging Walls heart, of all the things, that's the least of his problems.

On this particular subject regarding "generational" players, heart may not be the correct word. I think I'm talking more about leadership or maybe even just that "It" factor for which there is no other operative word. Generational players like Curry and LeBron have "it." Great players like Kawhi and Giannis have "it." Do you disagree? I'm open to your opinion on why Wall and/or Beal have "it."

And if you're so tired, take a nap. It's a message board and I have opinions. You're free to disagree but "I'm getting tired of you" implies you want to do something more than discuss it.

49 minutes ago, Chachie said:

On this particular subject regarding "generational" players, heart may not be the correct word. I think I'm talking more about leadership or maybe even just that "It" factor for which there is no other operative word. Generational players like Curry and LeBron have "it." Great players like Kawhi and Giannis have "it." Do you disagree? I'm open to your opinion on why Wall and/or Beal have "it."

And if you're so tired, take a nap. It's a message board and I have opinions. You're free to disagree but "I'm getting tired of you" implies you want to do something more than discuss it.

You're too thin-skinned to be making suggestions like that, so don't go this direction and risk a mod seeing it.  And people agree with me, you are out of line calling out John's heart.  I'm calling you out for it, and glad you came back to clarify.  This is squashable, don't make this bigger then the this is like some looney toon internet chicken hawk.

This isn't about arguing that Wall or Beal are generational players, that's ridiculous, they are called generational for a reason which other posters have touched on.  "It" is such a relative term given you just gave it to two physical freaks that are bigger then John. Wall is still one of if not the fastest guard in the NBA, his main drawback is his three point shooting, but his passing and shoot blocking ability are second to none. 

My biggest gripe with Wall is that his scoring and assist numbers go up to MVP levels in the playoffs, and needs to sustained that in the regular season.  It's the only reason we are having this conversation about "It".  And I get that some people don't like his leadership style, but if they still had a captain patch in the NBA the team would give it to him unanimously and everybody knows it.   

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You're too thin-skinned to be making suggestions like that, so don't go this direction and risk a mod seeing it.  And people agree with me, you are out of line calling out John's heart.  I'm calling you out for it, and glad you came back to clarify.  This is squashable, don't make this bigger then the this is like some looney toon internet chicken hawk.

You and I have been pretty friendly with each other around here so coming at me like you did was quite a surprise and only alerted me to how thin-skinned YOU are. If you need to toss out "I'm getting tired of you" because I come down on any player then you need to check yourself. This is what we do. We discuss the local teams. It's not always flattering. Learn to roll with it.

Now it's "looney tune internet chicken hawk" (clever, tough guy) and threatening me with the Mod Squad as though I violated a rule by criticizing John Wall.  You're out of line. I wasn't even addressing you at all and you fired away at me. Squashable? It's an internet message board. There's nothing to squash. If you've all of a sudden decided you don't like me then you don't have to address me.

I'm sure you'll be coming back with some more so I'll let you have the last word. We're all on the same team but we don't all have the same opinions. I can keep that in mind and I hope you can too.

Edited by Chachie

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

And?

Bontemps is only saying that this Wizards team isn’t it. In the eastern conference, we have fallen further behind despite the only generational talent in the conference moved to LA.

And we are paying guys who aren’t even elite talents as if they are elite talents. This team is a mess and not going anywhere.

again this is not groundbreaking material, not seeing the need for an article about it

and it was another article that didn't mention Grunfeld. He is the boogeyman

Edited by StillUnknown

42 minutes ago, Chachie said:

You and I have been pretty friendly with each other around here so coming at me like you did was quite a surprise and only alerted me to how thin-skinned YOU are. If you need to toss out "I'm getting tired of you" because I come down on any player then you need to check yourself. This is what we do. We discuss the local teams. It's not always flattering. Learn to roll with it.

Now it's "looney tune internet chicken hawk" (clever, tough guy) and threatening me with the Mod Squad as though I violated a rule by criticizing John Wall.  You're out of line. I wasn't even addressing you at all and you fired away at me. Squashable? It's an internet message board. There's nothing to squash. If you've all of a sudden decided you don't like me then you don't have to address me.

I'm sure you'll be coming back with some more so I'll let you have the last word. We're all on the same team but we don't all have the same opinions. I can keep that in mind and I hope you can too.

We have been cool, far as I'm concerned we still are. 

That sentence I put in bold for a reason because it insinuated taking this duscussion off the board.  That's nothing to do with the wizards, don't even play like that, I don't have to say anything because Des will see it anyway, full stop, that how I took it and why I addressed it that way.

You already clarified the heart thing, so that discussion can be over.  Where he ranks as a player is always up for debate, that wasn't the problem I went off about. This isnt about last word, its about clarification.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

again this is not groundbreaking material, not seeing the need for an article about it

there are posters in this thread who think this Wizards team can compete with Boston and Toronto and could beat them. You can say it aint needed, but tell that to them.

And I agree with him not mentioning the culprit. Its obviously Grunfeld and everyone is shook of saying his name.