Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

inb4 we're better without Wall posts..."lolol"

I'd slap somebody. Lol

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

As inconsistent as we are and bad as Hawks is, we should be taking this game with a grain of salt.

Exactly... I will say this though, looking at the box score from the Thunder game, it looked like we played better than we had been the last three weeks.

Hopefully I can watch when we play the Thunder next.

On 1/28/2018 at 1:59 PM, CrypticVillain said:

I'd slap somebody. Lol

Exactly... I will say this though, looking at the box score from the Thunder game, it looked like we played better than we had been the last three weeks.

Hopefully I can watch when we play the Thunder next.

Its weird, I've seen Morris have a couple box score games that if you watched the game instead you wouldn't of expected that.  It all makes sense now when you look at the fact two of our big three is hurt right now, and have been. I don't know if I can expect the Wizards to meet our expectations if they aren't healthy by playoff time, no matter who we trade for.  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Man I wish we'd been able to deal for Griffin.  Detroit really didn't give up much.  A good role playing SG, a journeyman tweener forward, and what will be a late teens pick right?

Sadly, we dont even have anything close to what Detroit gave. Our closest equivalent package (talent wise only) woulda been Otto, Meeks, Mahinmi, and the pick.  

5 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Not even surprised. I'm just anxious to see what happens with the team. Season just got really interesting to me. lol

Agree. First of all you could look at the dude and tell he wasn't right. I wasn't sure what it was but he just wanst John Wall most of this season. Lacked explosiveness, bounce and most of all aggression. I was expecting this as soon as they said he needed a second opinion. 

Im always more interested in the seasons on the extremes. Horrible seasons I get to watch the young kids develop. Great seasons I get to watch us cook. The in betweens are just torture. Much like the Skins going 8-8 9-7. The lose me like that. Dunno why. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

This is going to be Ernie's get out of jail free card isn't it?  Oh the season went bad because of injury

Please dont do this to me. 

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

(album cover)

Dang... This caught me off-guard.

I don't think we're going to tank. I think we'll still make the playoffs (Six Seed), and Brooks and Grunfeld isn't going anywhere.

I hope that I'm wrong. Only way Ernie should have a chance at coming back is if we made it to the ECF. Dude is ass. Seems like everyone knows except for Leonsis.

Honestly just blow it up - this group + coach isn't relevant among the NBA's best anyway.

Re-build around Wall and Beal and hope things look better in 2020. Last season was probably the peak of this roster so no better than 50-52 wins.

Honestly not even that mad because it's the NBA and it's a 4-6 team league anyway.

When it rains... As many of us have noticed, the Wizards mediocre season thus far has come against a very easy schedule.  But if the front end is easy.... 

So the schedule is about to get extremely difficult just as our franchise player exits.  Our franchise player that just signed a super max deal and continues to have mysterious knee ailments that are totally nothing to worry about.  

Time to bring back a classic

YxkRDf6.png

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't agree with tanking.  In theory Wall should be back in time for the playoffs.  If it wasn't a draft lottery, I'd be more open to it.  

I'd rather get a good draft pick at the end of the season than a first round exit, but this team is not going to tank.  They're more likely to make another desperation trade than they are to tank. 

• Like 1