Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

SPLOOOSH!!!!!!!  Beal's 3 was ****ing cookies. And Oubre just gives a little extra. 

Like that schedule coming up for the wiz. 

Next 5 games are against sub .500 teams. Though we did lose to the Sun last time, at home, with Wall. TJ Warren had 40 points. 

That was easily the most locked in Beal has ever been.  You could tell he was on a mission from the opening tip.  He was pissed and embarrassed about the night before.

One thing that was so impressive about the performance is that you could tell he was tired.  He was hanging deep jumpers short because he couldn't elevate like he normally can.  Tired legs.  He just put that aside and went into attack mode and took everything they gave him inside the arc.  Then that three ball started rattling in during the second half.

Another thing that was impressive was that he did it without the free throw line.  He took the ball inside over and over again and made a lot of tough shots through contact.  He didn't get the calls he should have because the refs gave Portland a super loose whistle.  If his jersey said Harden on the back, he would have scored like 65.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I also thought it was funny that Kara Lawson had to gently nudge Buck back to talking about Beal and the incredible performance that was unfolding in front of him because Buck kept going on and on about the performance of the reserves.

To be fair to Buck, consistent quality bench play is just as astonishing as a top player going off the way Beal did.. 

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I also thought it was funny that Kara Lawson had to gently nudge Buck back to talking about Beal and the incredible performance that was unfolding in front of him because Buck kept going on and on about the performance of the reserves.

Kara hasn't been on the job long enough to be astonished by quality bench play.  Buck has.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

To be fair to Buck, consistent quality bench play is just as astonishing as a top player going off the way Beal did.. 

I don't think he realizes he's tipping how low his expectations for the bench are when he harps on them like that.

This is a legit bench though.  We haven't even been using Jason Smith and he's a high quality reserve.  Scott's a gem and Meeks and Frazier were good gets.  But the lion's share of the improvement came from Mahinmi settling in and Sato and Oubre getting good.  We're now getting the kind of production from them I thought we would get last season.

This team is a Gortat upgrade away from being complete.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Kara hasn't been on the job long enough to be astonished by quality bench play.  Buck has.

I get that.  But Buck also shouldn't be jaded enough about Beal to miss a special performance in the works.  I don't think he's seen a Wizard go Super Saiyan like that in a long time and so he didn't realize what was happening until later in the game.  Kara is a former player whose playing career was recent and she could tell immediately what was up based on Beal's body language in warm ups and how he was searching and destroying in the first few minutes.

4 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Any player you’d be willing to give up Kelly to get?

There are plenty. Oubre is nice, but he is far from unmoveable

It really depends on how serious the team is about going further than they have

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1