Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Been saying it all season, I love our starting 5, I like Oubre and Mahini would have helped in this game, but the bench is an actual joke, We need a Korver type guy on the bench.

We just went step for step with the top team in the east looking like full effort, with Lebron making an insane shot to send it to OT. 

23 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Been saying it all season, I love our starting 5, I like Oubre and Mahini would have helped in this game, but the bench is an actual joke, We need a Korver type guy on the bench.

We just went step for step with the top team in the east looking like full effort, with Lebron making an insane shot to send it to OT. 

I'd like two bench players: a vet PG, and a G/F type that can score particularly from 3 point line(basically a Korver type). Then we have two bench scorers and two bench defenders(Oubre and Mahnimi). Probably asking for too much to be able to make two trades though.

Lost in all this, Oubre had some beautiful cuts in the lane off the ball in the 2nd half (One was when Beal found him late, got a big and 1). With Otto getting a reputation for his 3 ball, those cuts will be open for him going forward.

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 1

Does anyone have a close-up of Lebron's foot on that 3 pointer?  I have NO clue how he was in bounds. 

Anyways, this was by far the best Wizards regular season game I've ever seen during the Wall-era.  No reason for these guys to hang their head.  If it wasn't for ridiculously hot perimeter shooting and a circus shot at the end of the game, the Wizards walk away with the W. 

Outside of Oubre/Smith, the bench gives next to nothing.  This is very concerning to me going forward considering the heavy minutes the starters are playing.  Mahinmi coming back will help keep Gortat rested, but there is a HUGE need for scoring off the bench.  I said it before, but I would like for the team to target someone like Jamal Crawford.  Someone who won't require a 1st round pick to acquire (Barton/Williams...and in Williams' case, he's 30 and looking for a new deal.  No way.) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gbear said:

I just don't understand why we didn't foul Lebron as soon as he got the ball before he could even go behind the three point line.  We should have fouled instantly and let him or anyone else take their 2 shots.. 

Indeed.

And Beal was guarding him like a 2 beats them.  He's so far inside the 3pt line, I'm wondering if he even knew the score.  Then he's almost flat footed watching Lebron get to the 3pt line.  That was all the room Lebron needed.  

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I am not in support of trading our first round pick for a bench guard.  Kelly Oubre is a testament to the value of late first round picks.  We need cheap contracts and we need long term upside.  We are not winning a championship this year.  We need to be disciplined and use our draft pick.

For me it depends on WHO the bench guard is.

Age, contract etc

We played a good game. Now it's up to the team leaders to make sure that wasn't our peak this season. The loss al.out helps with that. 

We do need a scorer off the bench. That will fix alot of our issues. If I can get 5 points. 5 boards. And 5 assists more from the bench we are golden 

Did Oubre foul out before that miracle 3 by Lebron?  I'd much rather have him defend on that possession.  Speaking of Oubre, he's by far, and it's really not even close, the best defender on the team.  He's really blossoming.  If he can develop a more reliable 3pt shot, he's going to be one of the better 3&D players in the East. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Yeah, we can end the whole "is Beal worth the contract" nonsense. He is going to CLOSE for this team in April. I am afraid of exactly no teams in this conference minus the one we lost to last night.

And with the way they won it we really can't be afraid of them. 

16/135 points from the bench....insanely hot shooting from the perimeter from the Cavs and a miracle 3 at the buzzer from Lebron.  Not saying which way a series would go, but I could see a Wiz/Cavs matchup going 6 or 7.  Like Sticksboi, there is no team in the East that I really fear.  I do think we're the clear second best team in the conference.  This is the best Wizards team I've ever seen.  I just hope they don't get worn down due to heavy minutes or injury.  EG HAS to do something to help the bench.  16 points last night is inexcusable.  Starters can't keep carrying the heavy load.  They need help.

• Like 1