Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I dont know how this flew over my head, but I just realized that Milwaukee traded Brandon Knight for a 1st rounder from Phoenix (and miles plumlee). Which 1st rounder you ask? Why, the protected pick from L.A. for Steve Nash! Oh my God. You are telling me that Milwaukee just got a top 5 pick in this draft on top of their already good team for nothing? **** me man. We have literally no chance in the coming years if we dont make a move this offseason. No more dicking around. EG and Witt have got to be banished from the land!

Missing on the Jan Vesely pick was bad. Missing on Otto may be even worse. But the worst was not finding any decent bench players with the other draft picks we had.

Chris Singleton: bust

Trevor Booker: below average and gone

Kevin Seraphin: mediocre, but a decent big man off the bench

Jordan Crawford: technically not a draft pick, but he basically came in as a rookie here anyways. Also busted for this team.

Tomas S.: ugh yeah ....

Too many wasted opportunities. 

Edited by No Excuses

The bad drafting and the mediocre play of Otto Porter has relegated this team to forced moves involving older veterans. It's amazing how much has Kris Humphries meant to this team and how much his injury has hurt it.

Would Otto be mediocre if he ever got a chance to consistently play?

Missing on the Jan Vesely pick was bad. Missing on Otto may be even worse. But the worst was not finding any decent bench players with the other draft picks we had.

Chris Singleton: bust

Trevor Booker: below average and gone

Kevin Seraphin: mediocre, but a decent big man off the bench

Jordan Crawford: technically not a draft pick, but he basically came in as a rookie here anyways. Also busted for this team.

Tomas S.: ugh yeah ....

Too many wasted opportunities. 

Don't forget all the picks traded for cash considerations. That cash is necessary to overpay for average talent!

Missing on both is unforgivable. 

Just look at what Ernie has done with the wizards last 10 1st round picks. 

2006 18th  Oleksiy Pecherov - Bust

2007 16th  Nick Young - NBA punchline 

2008 18th JaVale McGee - Another Joke

2009 5th Traded for Peanuts - Wasted

2010 1st John wall - Star

2011 6th Jan Vesely - Bust

2011 18th Chris Singleton - Bust

2012 3rd Bradly Beal - Currently a role player.

2013 3rd Otto Porter - Not looking good.

2014 18th Traded for Gortat - Contract looking scarier by the minute. 

How the hell does this man manage to stay employed?  SteveMcQueen could have done better with 10 tries reading scouting reports online.   

• Like 2

Doubtful. I would have probably picked TRob in 2012 and would have picked via dartboard at 6 in 2011. That was the year I liked Jared Sullinger and Harrison Barnes... Then they went back. Then I liked Derrick Williams and loved Enes Kanter and Jonas Valanciunas. When all were gone and we ended up with Vesely I was just happy we had a name. That was a demoralizing draft. In 12 and 13 I still felt really good about our picks. It kills me to watch how Randy has bungled them. I blame Ernie for putting vets in front of Porter. But I blame Randy the most for being too stupid to use him.

I genuinely believe I could have drafted better than Shanahan though just from watching college games live and talking about them in the draft thread. I believe there are more than a couple regulars that could have.

You're right, I don't think it's fair to call Otto a bust because I think his only serious impediment to being successful is Randy Wittman.

But I don't think we're getting rid of Randy Wittman. Hence my despair. He'll be a bust here because Wittman simply won't give him a real opportunity and we're stuck with Wittman like an aggressive case of Herpes.

Just like Spurrier wasn't holding back P. Ramsey and all the other players who fans have claimed were "ruined" by poor coaching - as if on the hardwood the coach dictates pure basketball skill and ability to score from 1 to 25 feet from the basket.

To express my disagreement and displeasure, I want to share a song. This is for my own entertainment and by all means I would love to be wrong. I understand professional sports are hard and players work their tails off.. so Otto - I hope you dont care what fans say - but prove me wrong.

Well - Otto is a bust, he's a big fat bust, he's the biggest bust in the whole wide world. He's a stupid bust, if there ever was a bust, he's a bust to all the boys and girls.

On Monday he's a bust, on Tuesday he's a bust, and Wednesday to Saturday he's a bust. Then on Sunday, just to be different he's a super King Kamayamaya BE-UST!

Wall

Beal

Otto

Peirce

Gortat

I guarantee that lineup is our best lineup available. We all said this before the season started. We are still saying it now. We have only seen it a couple of times, where it was highly successful. Why in God's name are they not playing it. Seriously, Randy's only excuse is to hold it close to the chest for the playoffs. But thats just stupid. Instead we get to see 3 guard lineups...Otto is miles better than Ras, Temple, Webster, and Sessions.

• Like 1

I've been saying this for years now but I wouldn't be totally shocked if Cal is coaching the Wiz at some point.

Not saying we should or shouldn't. It just wouldn't shock me.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2015/story/_/id/12553957/why-kentucky-wildcats-coach-john-calipari-failed-nba-why-happen-again-leaves-go-back-ncaa-tournament John Calipari won't fail again in NBA The Kentucky coach's first stint failed, but it would be different if he tried again

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH