Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

You hate double doubles every night from your pg?

He's not effecting the game much, he is clearly our best player he needs to make it a focus to make a bigger impact on the game. He needs to score more than 12 points, everybody look at assist and gives him a pass but he is getting dominated. He seems like he's fine with his game as long as he gets his 10 assist.

He's not effecting the game much, he is clearly our best player he needs to make it a focus to make a bigger impact on the game. He needs to score more than 12 points, everybody look at assist and gives him a pass but he is getting dominated. He seems like he's fine with his game as long as he gets his 10 assist.

Eh I'm much more concerned with our terrible head coach than I am with our pg "only" getting 10 and 10.

Kyle Weidie
‏@Truth_About_It
Wittman says no Gortat in 4th b/c of matchups. GSW went small. #wizards

GS had a stretch where they got to the rim and no big attempted to distract them. Even if you wanted to run small, you don't go without the team's best rim protector (Gortat isn't great either, but he's the best we got)

Maybe someone can back me up with some stats, but I feel like our slide has somewhat coincided with Randy's decision to not play gortat in the 4th. I know our defensive rating drops tremendously in the 4th as well. Makes sense.

Also makes sense to not play gortat at all in the 4th when he's had a pretty good game through 3. No one can tell me that Humphries is a better option than gortat. Get Wittman out of here already.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Gortat was asked if he’s discouraged/surprised he didn’t play in the 4th after playing well since break: “Next question.”

That “next question” came after a long pause.

Hoop District ‏@HoopDistrictDC  55s

And one interview at a time we get closer and closer to boiling point. Gortat speaks about frustration

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Get Wittman out of here please. No reason at all for Gortat not to play in the 4th, he was having a very good night. Pierce was out too long after he had a great 3rd. Us fans can see it, everyone else in the organization can see it too, right??

Edited by GOSKINS_08

Wittman is lucky that the national media, and even the local media, do their best to ignore this team.  He's clearly the problem right now and a team that came into the season with high hopes and started strong... is in an absolute nose dive because he can't adjust his offense and his defense is getting beat. 

Before the season, no one liked Wittman.  30 games in, everyone loved the way he coached and rotated players.  Now, he is hated.  Lol.  I'm going to stick with him being a mediocre coach with little knowledge of his player's strengths and weaknesses.  Not a very good X's and O's coach from what I have seen either.

Wish I could watch this team more but it's hard when you are on the west coast without the NBA package.  I still like the depth of the team, but they are erratic.  Nene is either off or on.  Webster used to be a threat, I don't know what happened to him.  Sucks that Beal is hurt.

Kyle Weidie

‏@Truth_About_It

Wittman says no Gortat in 4th b/c of matchups. GSW went small. #wizards

GS had a stretch where they got to the rim and no big attempted to distract them. Even if you wanted to run small, you don't go without the team's best rim protector (Gortat isn't great either, but he's the best we got)

It's a bull**** answer because playing Humphries and Nene instead is not a response to going small. Humphries is a power forward.

Randy is in so far over his head.