Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The point was getting a 2+ mil trade exception for Miller.

I guess im torn. I liked Miller's game and i blame the offensive struggles on Wittman. We have had a ton of lost games resulting from terrible out-of-timeout playcalls and poor substitutions. He may have not been able to stay in front of the quicker guards, but he ran the offense better than anyone else not named Wall. Then again, i have always liked Jack's game and wish we picked him up before Cleveland did. Well him or Mo Williams. We ended up with Maynor... So if we end up with Jack, i guess im ok with it all.

Of course, im only ok with this as long as Otto doesnt get banished from the land and we dont end up shipping out our 1st.

Apparently only 500K of Jarrett Jack's 2016/2017 season is guaranteed. So basically we could cut him that summer to clear almost all of that 6.3 million dollars off our cap.

There's no reason for us to NOT make this deal. Now it's just a matter of waiting on OKC and Brooklyn and Minnesota to come to terms. This would be a really key pick up that could breathe new life into the team and help us close out the season strong and avoid Cleveland in the first round.

Only thing though, they better not deal Porter just to bring in two seasons of Jarrett Jack.

• Like 1

#Nets feel they were screwed by OKC's late deal, left them without time to do other trades.

Washington's pursuit of Jarrett Jack effectively ended when the Nets/Thunder talks broke off. No deals in DC.

Basically OKC got cold feet at the last minute and screwed us.

They were scared of going over the luxury tax.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/02/19/how-ramon-sessions-is-an-upgrade-and-a-downgrade-over-andre-miller-for-the-wizards/

However, Sessions will upgrade the Wizards in a few areas, starting with his getting to the free throw line, something Washington has struggled with this season: they rank 20th in free throws as a percentage of all field goals attempted (0.265). Sessions now ranks second on the team behind Martell Webster in that metric.

Sessions will also be a better defender when the opposition tries a catch-and-shoot or catch-and-drive play, which correlates strongest in predicting defensive efficiency. When he is the defender, opponents score 34.9 percent of the time. That is on par with Wall (32.3 percent) and an improvement over Miller (41.5 percent).

And finally, Sessions is not afraid to get to the rim, something that the Wizards have struggled with this season.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

So lots of teams got better while DC, which is already looking a bit like a fraud, got Ramon Sessions. Not a good showing for Ernie, who hangs his hat on trades (because his draft record his horrible).

I was really thinking the wizards would be a second half team but I'm not as confident about that now. Wittman is being as ass and Beal has stumbled.

Look for Miami to jump in the standings, they got a great deal better.

**** OKC. I hope their piddling around with the luxury tax loses them both Durant and Westbrook.

Seriously. Jack would have been a great fit here because we badly need scoring and guard play off the bench. Shame indeed.

I hope Wittman doesn't screw up Sessions like he did every back up point guard we've had not named Miller by trying to force him to beat his man on an island and looking confused when it doesn't work.

Id like to make this clear: Sessions does not increase our ability to get in the paint. Heres why:

Andre's entire offensive game was within the paint. The reason why it didnt work is because Seraphin's entire offensive game is within the paint and Humphrie isnt that far behind. There was no room for two post up players. ( it worked last year because we had Beal/Webster+Harrington+Gooden sitting on the perimeter waiting for the kickout). If anything this is a lateral move.

Its our starting unit that needs to get to the line more.

Sessions while not an amazing pick up is being undersold because, Defense is not being talked about. Yes Sessions is having an abysmal year. Hopefully its just because he does not like playing for the Kings. JR Smith has played so much better after getting off the Knicks he is a quality player again. hopefully Sessions just hated being on a crappy team? It is possible.

But Sessions can and will play Defense. Miller was a glaring weak spot that had to be accounted for.

I disagree that this was a lateral move. A lateral move is no improvement at all. Do you honestly think that Miller is just as good as Sessions?

If Sessions averages like 1 more point or 1 more assist or 1 more rebound or whatever than Miller than thats already an upgrade

Its a small upgrade and its not enough to get us past the 2nd round because we are not good enough imo to beat ATL, Cle or TOR in 7. But it increases are chances of getting out of the 1st round (something that I started to worry about these last few weeks)

Edited by Mocountyskins
  • Like 2

Would love it if Session could hold things down long enough for Wall to get a few extra minutes of rest here and there. 

Its an upgrade, if only because Dre Miller was no longer NBA quality. 

Sessions while not an amazing pick up is being undersold because, Defense is not being talked about. Yes Sessions is having an abysmal year. Hopefully its just because he does not like playing for the Kings. JR Smith has played so much better after getting off the Knicks he is a quality player again. hopefully Sessions just hated being on a crappy team? It is possible.

But Sessions can and will play Defense. Miller was a glaring weak spot that had to be accounted for.

Sessions being better than Miller on defense does not make Sessions a good defensive player. The numbers say he's a liability on that end of the floor.