Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yep.

No way Miller comes close to giving anyone an entire season at his mileage. And our back up plan was Garrett Temple...

Ernie should have been making moves to bring in a quality guard before the season started. And he really really should have been making moves the moment GRJr got into it with Wittman on the sideline. That was months ago. Now we've had an open roster spot for months and he's sitting there with his thumb up his ass waiting for a 50 year old Ray Allen to make a decision? There is no excuse.

I'm not a relentless Ernie basher, and I am friggin beyond frustrated with him. He's wasting a perfectly good season by building and keeping an unbalanced roster. A season when there were finally no juggernauts in the East and we really could have made a run.

• Like 1

I will be satisfied with a team that solidly makes the playoffs. Randy turned to gold last year in the playoffs plus its a players league. I will wait how the team responds in the stretch...

I won't. I watched the team "solidly" make the playoffs through the 80s, only to get beat in the first and second round. I watched the team in the late 90s "solidly" make the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round. I saw the team in the mid 2000s "solidly" make the playoffs only to see LeBron bounce us out.

Only having playoff appearances is loser talk. It's all about winning a title. Nothing short of that should satisfy any fan of their teams in any sport. "Heat Participant" ribbons suck. I should know. I have more of those from swim team then other ribbons because I was slow and stunk at swimming.

I'm not a relentless Ernie basher, and I am friggin beyond frustrated with him. He's wasting a perfectly good season by building and keeping an unbalanced roster. A season when there were finally no juggernauts in the East and we really could have made a run.

Agree. And if he really wants Durant here in 2016, he has to show a better commitment to winning. Going 44-38 the next two years and getting bounced is bad for future business.

• Like 1

Bless Garrett's heart, a stand up guy, so much in fact that you hate going on him, and it's really not his fault because he's Garrett Temple

And honestly, someone enlighten me. What was Garrett Temple's purpose in the 4th quarter last night besides not stopping Lou Williams?

• Like 2

We need more shooters and guys that can run with Wall and hit open 3s in transition. Look at how many guys on Toronto and Atlanta can run and shoot. Our team is full of halfcourt grinders. That's great and all, and I think it'll help us come playoff time, but it'll be hard to keep up with teams like Toronto and Atlanta who can hit a flurry of 3s in a heartbeat to come back in games if not put them away completely.

this team and coach is built for 1990s basketball.
  • Like 1

Come to think about it. How good of a play would it have been that once Butler got to the top of the key, one big set a quick back pick for the other, leaving the lane wide open for wall to deliver the pass..

Or is that too imaginative for our NBA coach?

If its not a perimeter jump shot that is like a foot inside the 3 point line, it's too imaignative for Witless.

I havent read the game thread from yesterday, but i gotta say... Randy, that was poor across the board. We cant win in crunch time if that is what we are gonna settle with. Someone else needs to draw up the crunch time plays or something. Secondly, riding Gooden the entire 4th? At first it was cute that Gortat wasnt playing in the 4th, giving way for Seraphin and some hook shot wizardry. But, now its just negligent. You cant put wall out there with Gooden, Temple, and Butler in the crunch. Thats amateur hour. I think 4 of the last 5 plays went through Gooden! What? Come on man.

• Like 1

It was irritating watching Gooden always going for one-handed tip-ins. It can work sometimes, but others the tip-in attempt is low-percentage, and he would've been better off just grabbing the ball and coming down with it, even if it results in his window for a putback attempt closing. Kicking it out for another possession is better than a very low-percentage tip-in attempt.

It's also irritating watching Gortat's soft shot attempts around the basket. There are situations where it can be warranted, such as when he takes his longs strides on PnRs, but other times a strong dunk attempt is better. He has done it before, such as his left-handed dunk against the lakers a little while back. But I don't recall a single instance of him going up strong since then.

• Like 1

It's also irritating watching Gortat's soft shot attempts around the basket. There are situations where it can be warranted, such as when he takes his longs strides on PnRs, but other times a strong dunk attempt is better. He has done it before, such as his left-handed dunk against the lakers a little while back. But I don't recall a single instance of him going up strong since then.

I'm still wondering what went through his mind when he passed the ball out instead of going up against the 6'0 Kyle Lowry who was guarding him at the time.

Trade proposed on realgm:

Wizards out: Dre Miller, Seraphin, Porter Jr, 2015 1st (lotto protected)
Wizards in: I Thomas, G Green, Miles Plumlee

Suns out: I Thomas, G Green, Miles Plumlee
Suns in: Brook Lopez, 2015 Wizards 1st

Nets out: Lopez
Nets in: Porter Jr, Seraphin, Dre Miller

Why for Nets? Deal one of their high salary guys and save a lot of money this year, a ton next year and get a decent prospect as well. Hard to imagine they could find a better deal.

Why for Suns? They want to balance their roster. Len is clearly the guy they envision for the future, but why not bring in an elite offensive big in the short-term while they bring him along? Plus they still get the 1st they want for Thomas. 

Why for Wizards? Wall says he wants a playmaker for the open roster spot and with Beal up in the air, here comes Thomas to provide offense, Green adds valuable shooting, and Plumlee gives them a cheap depth big. 

I don't like trading Otto before he ever even got a real shot. He has improved since he arrived, and deserves to be starting right now anyways. Our problem has more to do with Wittman than it does with the roster. GRIII should have been the 2 guard that would be getting minutes right now. But we released him for some reason.

And on 9-16 shooting, 3rd on the team on scoring, behind only Korver and James. How the heck does he have a -10?

because he wasnt playing any defense, lol.

Westbrook had 41 points last night. (not all with Wall on the court, but he was there)

Hoop District ‏@HoopDistrictDC 

#Wizards John Wall played well but let's be honest he had no chance at 22ast with LeBron playing point forward

Lebron disgusted me with his play. Dude was going for the MVP really earyl. I know its an exhibition but he was so obvious with it.

Lebron disgusted me with his play. Dude was going for the MVP really earyl. I know its an exhibition but he was so obvious with it.

That 3 he took from midway between half court and the 3 pt line... Yes its supposed to be a bit on the showy/fun side. But he air balled it, badly. Thats fine, again its supposed to be all in fun. But dude had his game face on.

Plenty of guys made silly mistakes while trying make the amazing. But most laughed/smiled it off when they failed to do so. LBJ was taking any and every opportunity to make the amazing play with the game 7 look on his face.

Put off a very selfish vibe.

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 1

I think a mid season tournament would be a good replacement for the as game.

What does the winner get? A special trophy that doesn't mean as much as the other one at the end of the season? I agree that the nba could use a single elimination tourny I just don't know how they'd go about installing it.

A mid-season tourney ?

I am totally against that idea. Seems crazy for a star player to even bother.

I do think that it would be cool to have a maybe D-League all-star game included in all-star week.

McDonald's all- American game that week also.

I am also in favor of the 2-3-2 format, 2-2-1-1-1 does not make it better.