Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

*What do you guys think of Mike D'Antoni?  Bad runs in both NY/LA, but Wall would be the most talented PG he's worked with since Nash...and his PHX teams were AMAZING on the offensive end of the floor.  Obviously, if he's hired, there needs to be someone on the staff who can oversee the defense...cause the achillies heel of a D'Antoni run team was the defense.

outside of him not being that good of a coach, this team is not suited for D'Antoni basketball at all. We have two bigs who need to play in the paint and we just gave one a big contract.

We also do not have the shooters to space things.

D'antoni is a joke. He gets no respect from his players and his teams get figured out easily in the playoffs.

We need a bright young up and comer, like the guy they have in Atlanta. Someone who knows Xs and Os and can really maximize our roster.

But in truth we also have mismatched pieces. With Wall you want to run a lot but we have two big guys in Nene and Gortat that are at their best in a slower halfcourt game. Really we needed to surround Wall with big guys that can also shoot like what they've done in Atlanta and Toronto.

Cavs have no chance of winning in the playoffs. Rely on junk and can't play defense outside of Mozgov. JR Smith and Kyrie have combined to play 12 minutes of defense, in their lives .

Adding Perkins (which it looks like is going to happen) to backup Mozgov and allowing Thompson to stay as a backup 4 makes their frontcourt defense much better.  

Too early to formally surrender.

I'd like to see Otto start at the 3 going forward when Beal gets back. Our bench three point shooting no longer looks to be a strenght (Butler, Webster, etc), so we're going to have trouble baraging our way back or putting teams away until somebody wakes up.

At least we know Wall is officially a boss. I do understand a lot of the comments towads Whittman at this point, but up until recently this season I really felt this team was overacheiving top to bottom. Now it feels like we are what we are (One domnant point gaurd, some young, inexpeirenced talent, and whole lotta older/oft-injured veterans).

Edited by Renegade7

Seems like every time our back up PG situation is a mess, we lose in droves. I don't understand how that can be such a bellwether for us. Actually I do. The bench completely falls to pieces and becomes one of the worst units in the league without good PG play. And bad benches lose games.

It also goes to show how utterly reliant this team still is on Wall. This is a 25 win team without him...

Two-fold problem: Ernie has pretty much failed to get and keep a good back up PG ever since Wall was drafted. And Wittman's terrible offensive coaching is hell on lesser PGs. We need to be finding a system that makes it easy for PGs, not extremely difficult.

It's also really disappointing that half of the PGs in the league just changed teams and the best we came away with is Ramon Sessions.

I'd like to see Otto start at the 3 going forward when Beal gets back. Our bench three point shooting no longer looks to be a strenght (Butler, Webster, etc), so we're going to have trouble baraging our way back or putting teams away until somebody wakes up.

For some reason I don't think this would sit well with Pierce.

For some reason I don't think this would sit well with Pierce.

That's understandable.

You know wha telse doesn't sit well with me? Losing by 40 points at home coming off a 9 day break and continuing to drop in the standings. If he's as professional as he claims to be, he'll understand that.

• Like 1