Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Saw the last 5 min on Laker channel.. here comes Antwan Jamison and James Worthy talking about the game... impressive finish.

Lakers talk is so depressing... you knew Washington was going to focus... Laker bigs couldnt match Humpries energy.... Washington reved upnthe pace.

I loved watching Hump and Seraphin set up the pick and roll for Wall in the 4th... did they even do that with Nene? I dont like the Beal ball handling sets... seems too forced...but I understand that Wittman wants him to handle the basketball too, right?

Edited by Fergasun

Wish Wall could have gotten the last rebound but the way he was limping by the end looked bad. Think we need to rest him tomorrow night even though it means a certain blow out loss. Super impressive for him to have that game with an Achilles issue.

Otto had a nice night and that was a big putback in the clutch. Again, all the kid needs is regular playing time.

Anyone else notice how good Nene has been lately? Last night was the first time in a little while where he struggled. Before that he was in a stretch where he was making everything and running the floor and finishing above the rim very well. And his post game had finally been looking right.

When Nene feels good, he's a force. We have got to keep him right for the postseason.

Speaking of the postseason, it's probably bad juju to look this far ahead, but I'm curious to see who is going to be the third big when they shorten the rotation for the playoffs. A case can be made for both Humphries and Seraphin. And I'm wondering if Otto is going to crack the postseason rotation or if they'll go with only Butler.

Or maybe it's neither and they sign Ray Allen?

Also, Wall being a game time decision and rolling his ankle was a dark cloud hanging over the team. We're going to fall apart if we have to start Andre Miller, the professor is only giving us 20 minutes a game at the most. After him it's Garrett Temple running point for the rest of the minutes. I think we need to be going after Nate Robinson or something.

Nene has been a beast this year.  Not just on the offensive end, but he's AMAZING defensively. 

Didn't see any of the game last night (too late for me), but I'm glad we got the W. 

With Wall nursing some injuries, we need to solidify the backup PG spot.  How great would it be to have a capable backup, who can give us 30 min a night to give Wall a rest?  Think about it...a guy like Jack, Calderon, or even Jeremy Lin for that matter. 

Jeremy Lin is a horrible player and would be one of the few who would not be a significant upgrade over Professor Miller. Would love Calderon though, he does a pretty good job of minimizing his turnovers. He can also hit an open 3pt shot which mean he could play alongside Wall in some lineups.

Calderon plays absolutely no defense. He might be even worse than 'Dre in that regard. So what would we gain other than 7mil in cap for taking him. Id rather not.

The issue as someone on Bulletsforever was saying, is that our bench did a complete 180 from last year. Last year we had a bench of perimeter players. Gooden, Harrington, and Webster were all perimeter players and that was the offensive focus. If all else failed, we had 'Dre as a post up option. This year we have 90% of our bench points coming from Seraphin post up wizardry or Humphries midrange, board/board cleanup with the occasional butler 3. Bringing in Calderon wont change that. Our focus is through Seraphin, and that probably shouldnt change. We just need our 3's to start dropping perimeter shots again.