Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Got a feeling OKC will want a kings ransom in return.

He'd be FANTASTIC off the bench.

I don't think they can keep him so they'll take what they can get. Problem is that he's expiring and likely sees himself as a starter. He's not going to be thrilled getting limited minutes and he'd only be here for half a season. Edited by Destino

Cavs obviously want Ray Allen. But league source says the team that's been most aggressive in pursuing Allen is Wizards. Constantly calling.

The Wizards want to reunite Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. They feel Allen's game and veteran leadership would help them as they try to contend.

Alex Kennedy

With that said, Ray Allen is still unsure what he’ll do. He has been working out in Miami, and he’s enjoying his time with his family.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

If anyone has been to a Wizards game how are those "All you can Eat" seats and are they already sold out for the Raptors game? I can't figure out how this works on the Wizards ticket site. 

Edit: Yeah you know why I'm going to the Raptors game  ;)

i was wondering similar about the All you can eat seats.

The Wizards site has no explanation on it.

I'm going to counter the argument that we need a backup pg with we need a backup 2 that can dribble the ball. New flash: there is only one john wall and we can't expect to bring in a Backup pg that can make the offense work. dre does well within the context of the game. The issue is that everyone is standing around waiting for he ball as if wall was still on the court. It ain't gonna work against the top tier, and I hope they don't grab some guy and pin the entire offense on him.

I would have had rice and Porter cutting non stop, seraphin being our go to, see the facilitator, and humph cleaning the boards. Of course rice is gone now, and we certainly won't go with a bench mob in the playoffs...

no, we need a backup point guard. Its not that we expect Wall as a backup, but that we expect our backup to play decent. Dre cant defend anymore and has been getting outplayed by the other team's backup. Really hte bench has fallen off.

I do agree we need another ball handler on the perimeter as well. This team really needs a few things to be a true contender, imo.

Seems to me that Wittman unnecessarily takes Seraphin out of the game just for the sake of having the starters (Gortat) in the game. There was a recent game where Seraphin was taken out right in the middle of one of his hot streaks (I think it was the 2nd Spurs game).

I agree with this. Randy has everything pre-determined and doesnt really understand the flow of a game unless he is forced into that situation.

Not sure if entire stadium is all you can eat or not. It says tickets are as low as 30 dollars, that's it.

thats why im confused.

If it was all over arena, id get my usual tickets and go there.

The site doesnt make any proper mention of that. It looks like a good deal too.

I haven't checked previous pages here, but is anyone noticing that Andre Miller is finally looking like a senior citizen out there? Last year was nice, this year has been... well... geriatric. 

Its been talked about, he can't guard anyone at this stage of his career. A Backup PG or combo guard is a must if this team wants to make at run at the eastern conference crown this season.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

The Wizards are the "most persistent" team after Ray Allen, according to @AlexKennedyNBA. http://sbnation.com/e/7642458 

I was listening to NBA Radio on Sirius last night and they were talking about LeBron already speaking to Ray about coming to Cleveland. Word is that Ray wants LBJ to guarantee him significant 4th quarter minutes.

There's also one more schedule change that involves the Wizards.  The Cavs-Knicks ABC game which was to air on Sunday 2/22 has been dropped, and ABC will televise the Rockets-Wizards game on Sunday 3/29 at 12:30.  That will be during the second week of the NCAA Tournament, which is odd because ABC likes to hold off on airing games opposite the Tournament.

Edited by samy316

Congrats to the homie @JohnWall for getting that starting spot in the All Star game.

Congrats to @JohnWall & @AntDavis23 for making the 2015 NBA All-Star starting lineups. Here's guessing we will see another Cat or two in NYC

Two sons on the NBA All-Star starting lineups. I love it. Is that a humble brag? Congrats to @JohnWall and @AntDavis23. Proud of you two.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Of course the Hawks beat OKC by 10. No one is catching them unless they get injured. They've won 29 of their last 31. Looks like Cleveland and Chicago have improved and Detroit is still making us all wonder if getting rid of Smoove really made them that much better.

Wizards better have another gear for the second half of the season.