Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FNN - Cowboys Must Beat Texans To Make Playoffs

HapHaszard

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/cowboys-must-beat-texans-to-make-playoffs/

For all intents and purposes the Dallas Cowboys entire season will be on the line Sunday.

If the Cowboys lose and drop to 0-3, the odds of them making it to the playoffs are astronomically stacked against them.

David Moore of the Dallas Morning News points out that 102 NFL teams have opened their season 0-3 since 1990, but only three of them have turned their fortunes around to make the playoffs.

That’s 2.9 percent.

And that long shot may even be a little longer as the Cowboys will face a very tough 2-0 Houston Texans team Sunday on the road.

Texans quarterback Matt Schaub passed for 497 yards and three touchdowns last week against the Washington Redskins. A similar performance — or anything remotely in the ballpark — could doom the Cowboys season and perhaps even Wade Phillip’s future.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

You know this is the NFL and anything can happen. It certainly seems as if the Cowboys are on the ropes so it will be interesting if they can muster a run from this dark corner. I just think bad timing for them to play the Texans who are one of the better teams in the league right now, IMO. Can Wade fire up the team and win one? It is going to be must-see TV for sure.

which is exactly why we will see all kinds of mysterious calls and magical bounces go the cowboys way this week.

Kinda curious about this, in the past we would have already seen a lot of "favorable" calls for them, but this season, not so much.

I see the Texans absolutely trouncing them this week, by 2 TDs or better.

Kinda curious about this, in the past we would have already seen a lot of "favorable" calls for them, but this season, not so much.

I see the Texans absolutely trouncing them this week, by 2 TDs or better.

the Skins game was the first of the season and dallass was expected to win, only lost by a little...no worries. then the girls were expected to bounce back and easily beat the bears.....whoops. this is a must win for dallass and the first real chance for those with the influence to flex it. we will also see an inordinate number of "experts" pick the girls to win so that when they get that extra help to do so it wont look so odd.

its just like when a team gets all the calls/"luck" until they have the game in hand only to have the stripes call a bunch of garbage time penalties on them so that the game looks evenly called on paper later on.

The Cowboys have to win this game. They can't afford to go to 0-3 when the other teams in the division are all favored this week. So the rest of the East would be 2-1 and the Cowboys would be 0-3. Then after their bye in Week 4 they play: vs.TEN, @MIN, vs.NYG. So that's a tough 3 game stretch there, so if they are 0-3, they could easily come out of that at 2-4 or 1-5. I just have a hard time beliving the Cowboys can make the playoffs if they are 2-4 or 1-5 after 6 games. Because they still would have games against the Giants, Eaglesx2, Redskins, Packers, Saints, and Colts. So a tough start wouldn't really get any easier for them.

As much as I want them to lose, and love watching them embarrass themselves, I think anyone saying their season is over is ridiculous.

Yes, they look like they might not win in a college game, but it wouldn't be the first time a team has turned things around. Not that I'm hoping for it. I'd love to see them tie the Lions for worst seasons ever, especially after all the bull **** hype they received all off season.

Wow. I can't remember this kind of absence of puke fans during my tenure in the ATN.

It really is kind of remarkable to see how nearly all of them have crawled back under their rocks. There are a couple that stick around, but they're also pretty decent posters, whereas all the trolls have gone home to cry and blame the rest of the world for Dallas' problems.

You mean against the bye? lol :D...

Your right I forgot they had a bye next week, LOL I'm sure they will win that one or will they? Can Garrett and Wade come up with a gameplan for the bye?

Its funny even Matt Mosley is having difficulty coming up with excuses for the Cowboys, he tries but his heart just isn't in it.

.... we will also see an inordinate number of "experts" pick the girls to win so that when they get that extra help to do so it wont look so odd.

its just like when a team gets all the calls/"luck" until they have the game in hand only to have the stripes call a bunch of garbage time penalties on them so that the game looks evenly called on paper later on.

You are like so many others... When the Cowboys are doing well you imply that it's because of referee bias and lucky bounces. When the Cowboys lose, it's because they suck.

You are like so many others... When the Cowboys are doing well you imply that it's because of referee bias and lucky bounces. When the Cowboys lose, it's because they suck.

YOU are like all cow**** fans, you think its all about YOU. its not just dallass its all the frontrunner teams that the nfl looks out for to make more money. the cow****es have "fans" in almost every market, thats why they get love they dont deserve. brady and the pats have more fans now than ever just like peyton, those two dont enjoy consideration no other qb's do? the steelers werent gifted a SB over the seahags a few years ago because they had the better "story"? dont be daft, the nfl may not be fixed but its definitely scripted to make the NFL the most money. i referenced the cow****es but they arent the only beneficiary. every year the nfl, through the media, props up certain teams. your cowturds being one. therefore they have an interest in them doing well. you have enjoyed a bias for a long time, but thats starting to change. new teams are emerging and the league is changing. i hope you had a good time because the free ride is almost over.

I hope Houston wins; I would love to see an 0-3 Cowboys team into the bye week. That said, this game is going to be a shootout. The Texans can't cover the pass and Dallas can't cover all of the weapons Houston has. We might see 400 yards from Schaub and Romo sits to pee this week. Too bad it won't be on where I live.

Archived