Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Trent Williams improving, hopes to play Sunday

Oldskool

No. Let him rest. For the love of God, do not rush your franchise LT back too early and cause more damage. Give him a week off, let him be fresh for Philly in 2 weeks.
I think that it would be safe to say that our head coach has been in this situation before and we can trust him to make the right call.

As far as Moore playing Sunday, it's going to be real interesting to see whether or not Haslett introduces more exotic blitzing schemes in this game. I know Landry would like to get after the QB a little more.

Shanahan definitely needs to rest him, we don't need him playing this week against the Rams at 80-90%. No need to turn a 1 week injury into a 6 or 7-week injury by playing him against the Rams this week. I do love though that he wants to play this week.

I disagree completely. There are only 16 games in a season. There are no gimme games in the NFL. Last year we barely beat the rams 9-7.

You always put your best players on the field if they are able to go. Everyone plays with pain in the NFL and they get payed well to do it.

There was no structural damage on the MRI so it is just a matter of if he can play with some pain. Ask Chris Samuals and Jon Jansen about plating with pain.

I'm glad he is improving. We need him all the way. Heyer is alright, but the penelty that he cost the Skins after filling in for Williams was a blow. I didn't expect him to get a penalty that fast, but I guess things happen. And for all we know, the man could some how improve and possibly work up to playing at Trent Williams level.

Haven't heard about Okung since draft day. Which I guess is a good thing for that position. Just out of curiosity, how's he done so far?

Well on the plus side he has not allowed a sack so far. On the down side he has not played a snap yet as he went down in the first preseason game he played with a high ankle sprain. I think he still out for this week as well.

On a somewhat related note Andre Smith was a guy some wanted us to draft as an OT the year we took Orakpo. He of course went to the Benglas and is in the process of eating his way out of the league. I read today they were trying him at guard in practice - looks like he is quickly heading for bust status or at the very least not close to the player worthy of the draft slot they picked him at.

LarryWeisman

Trent Williams says he thinks can play but decision belongs to M Shanahan, 3 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

john_keim

Williams said he was able to run around a little bit. #redskins 4 minutes ago via mobile web

He needs to be full go to play not "able to run around a little bit". Sit him for a week.

Well I think WR will be solved in FA with us going for Vincent Jackson and with RB and OL I think we'll take a DE/OG in the 1st round and then whatever we didn't select in the 1st round we'll take in the 2nd

Haynesworth will not be here next year and Makke is over 30, I see us going NT before DE. We have plenty of DEs.

Archived