Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

Dude needs to man up and admit he did this to himself. Blaming everyone else for your FAIL will get you no where.

Jason Campbell Not Happy About Benching

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Jason-Campbell-Not-Happy-Raiders-Benched-Him-103636489.html

Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/21/gradkowski-campbell-conundrum-could-spark-a-locker-room-rift/

To be fair, there are no direct quotes from Campbell, so it could be nothing more than a misguided rumor.

Having said that then, man, Campbell just doesn't get it. He should be concerned with what he can do to be a better QB and leader, not creating rifts on a shaky team and misdirecting blame for his shoddy play.

I have never seen behavior from Campbell indicating that he is anything other than a classy guy so I think that I'll err on the side that this is a rumor. (Granted, I don't have access to the DC media...)

But still. If anyone has EVER had a reason to mouth off or go crazy over a situation, it would be Campbell. The dude had a rough go of it while he was in Washington and he looks to be in a similar situation now.

Wouldn't surprise me. Campbell has always been handed the starting job without really having to EARN it. He seems to me to have a sense of entitlement to be the guy. The starter. He needs to face reality that if his play isn't up to par, he's going to get benched. It's a business, with competition coming from everywhere, where the best player gets the job. Nobody owes him anything.

This comes amidst reports that Campbell felt Bruce Gradkowski was inappropriate and excessive in his lobbying assistant coaches for playing time.

I don't know, Jason... maybe if you did more with your on-field time you wouldn't have to worry about such things... ?

This is what happens when you actually have to compete for a starting position... ;)

One of the biggest myths in football today: Jason Campbell is a "classy" guy.

Jason Campbell is a hard working, honest guy. But through NEVER accepting personal blame, and in so doing throwing everyone and his dog under the bus; through throwing out the race card to detract from his own pathetic play; the dude wouldn't know classy if it jumped up and bit him HARD on the ass.

Stay "classy" in Oakland Jason, whilst you learn to deal with the death of a career.

Hail.

Wow...I didn't know there was a limit to how much you should lobby for playing time. I know, for me at least, when I was on the bench I was in the coach's ear asking what I could do to get more PT, just about every day when the opportunities arose. Campbell's running out of excuses if this is his new argument.

New poll: who runs out of excuses first: Jason Campbell for his shoddy play, or the Dallas Cowboys for their shoddy play?

When I think that we let this guy start in Washington for 3.5 years with no competition, it makes me sick.

If I'm Tom Cable, this bum doesn't rise above #3 on the depth chart after this. Let him sit on the bench and see with his own eyes why Gradkowski is ahead of him.

I have never seen behavior from Campbell indicating that he is anything other than a classy guy so I think that I'll err on the side that this is a rumor. (Granted, I don't have access to the DC media...)

But still. If anyone has EVER had a reason to mouth off or go crazy over a situation, it would be Campbell. The dude had a rough go of it while he was in Washington and he looks to be in a similar situation now.

Ummm, the rough go here was mostly his doing. The man had 5 years to prove himself here but he still has the same issues that he had throughout his tenure here. I like Jason Campbell and he always handled himself in a classy way (unless these rumors are true) but his struggles in Oakland come as no surprise to anyone that watched him closely. He won't throw a pass to anybody but a wide open receiver and he never anticipated a receiver coming open. He also had the bad habit of staring down receivers. The tieing touchdown that Schaub thew to Andre Johnson would never have been attempted by Campbell because Johnson wasn't wide open.

There's such a thing as an "excessive" amount of lobbying for playing time from coaches? That's how you GET playing time as a backup/depth guy.

You're a whiny little ***** Campbell, and just like when you were here, you can't take the responsibility for your failures.

You still have some believing you're nothing but a "classy" guy, though, so good work there.

People, news flash. Just because a guy doesn't know how to show a single emotion on his face, doesn't make him classy. It just makes his words seem less ****y.

Maybe Gradkowski and the OC were drawing up plays on napkins:whoknows:

But seriously, I think Allen and Shanahan should get some props for pulling off a trade in which we gave away a QB that can't even start for the Raiders.

They get a backup QB, we get a 4th rounder. Pretty good deal in our favor, I'd say.

From one of the articles ......lol....Redskins fans smack talk, hardly goes together.

Print Share Buzz up!2retweet0diggsdigg

Getty Images Oakland Raiders fans should be ready for an earful of "We told you so!" at the pubs, sports bars, and wherever they encounter Redskins fans now that the Raiders have benched Jason Campbell just one and one-half games into his tenure with the silver and black.

If you are irritated by their smack talk, realize that Jason Campbell is none too happy a camper either.

Archived