Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sounds weird to say it, but is beating the Rams, the proof we need to know the culture of this team has changed?

NoCalMike

For awhile there on Sunday, I thought the 'Skins were going to be a 2-0 and was worried the game at St. Louis might be a "trap" game for a 'Skins team riding high.

At 1-1, after a gut-punching loss, the Rams game should represent an opportunity for a superior football team to unleash all the anger & frustration from the previous week on a mediocre team.

In the past, under Zorn, and even under Gibbs v.2, this was not a characteristic of our team. We would play down to the competition. We would step up for bigger opponents, and decide to look hapless against the league's worse teams. Under Zorn if we are in this same spot. We either lose this game against the Rams, or we win 9-6, barely holding the Rams off on a final drive in the 4th quarter. Never scoring a TD ourselves.

To me this week in St. Louis should be the first big step in proving our team really has changed. That they really are ready to beat teams they should beat.

90% of the experts expected us to be 0-2 right now. However, I am sure most of them will be picking us this week in St. Louis. This is the exact spot where in the past, our team has faltered and not taken advantage of the situation.

I hope this week we see the Shanahan effect in action as he makes sure the team is up and ready to NOT play down to the competition, and continue to play "Redskins football"

:logo:

The team needs to demolish the Rams next week. I don't think that Shanny will let the team beat itself and allow the Rams to sneak a W, but it's up to the players to put their cleats on the throats of an obviously inferior opponent.

We should trounce the Rams the way that the Packers beat up the Bills all day on Sunday.

i kinda agree, but man, i tell you waht, i'm already sold that we have changed a ton of things including a lot of the culture.

1. beating the pokes was huge, we never do that,especially on PRIME TIME!

2. portis block for fred davis

3. not budging on big al's BS tactics.

but, i see your point ... typically, the last few years we do not smell the blood in the water and take out the weaker teams.

we beat the rams, and beat them good and its just one more indicator of a culture change.

we squeek out a game against them similiar to the cowboys and we are in trouble.

It has to be a convincing win where we show that we are clearly the better team. The disparity in the talent and coaching level should be visible on the field. While a W any way possible would be nice, we need to have a convincing win so the team has the mind set that they are simply better than most of the league.

If we can crush the Rams next week, then we know this team is on to something. If we squeak out a 9-7 win, I won't be happy. I want to win next week 24-7.

100% agree. good teams turn around after painful losses and obliterate weaker teams with no mercy at all. see colts v giants yesterday.

we need to stomp this team into oblivion. we need to formally welcome sam bradford to the NFL with multiple psycho blitzes and crushing hits. if we can hang 27 on the texans with multiple plays left on the field, we should be able to put up 30 on the rams no problem.

you hit the nail on the head... we must dominate from start to finish and WE WILL!

i just think we got a bunch of dudes that will bully the lesser teams and get into all out brawls with the good teams, and will lose some and win some.

i just get the feeling that we don't play around any more.

For awhile there on Sunday, I thought the 'Skins were going to be a 2-0 and was worried the game at St. Louis might be a "trap" game for a 'Skins team riding high.

At 1-1, after a gut-punching loss, the Rams game should represent an opportunity for a superior football team to unleash all the anger & frustration from the previous week on a mediocre team.

In the past, under Zorn, and even under Gibbs v.2, this was not a characteristic of our team. We would play down to the competition. We would step up for bigger opponents, and decide to look hapless against the league's worse teams. Under Zorn if we are in this same spot. We either lose this game against the Rams, or we win 9-6, barely holding the Rams off on a final drive in the 4th quarter. Never scoring a TD ourselves.

To me this week in St. Louis should be the first big step in proving our team really has changed. That they really are ready to beat teams they should beat.

90% of the experts expected us to be 0-2 right now. However, I am sure most of them will be picking us this week in St. Louis. This is the exact spot where in the past, our team has faltered and not taken advantage of the situation.

I hope this week we see the Shanahan effect in action as he makes sure the team is up and ready to NOT play down to the competition, and continue to play "Redskins football"

:logo:

I hate to bring this up, but a majority of that attitude stemmed from having a qb (caption checkdown) who could not efficiently run either Joe Gibbs/Jim Zorn's offense. Combined with terrible personnel decisions by Vinny Cerrato and we were looking at a mediocre team at best.

I'd accept 17-13...........If we were the Raiders.......
My expectations for this season isn't that high although the schedule does scream 11-5, I do feel that the Redskins will have a few mishaps that will cost them the game much like yesterday. McNabb alone can give this team a few blowouts. It would really help if the team can run the ball to take time off the clock so a offense doesn't have opportunities to score. We may be playing the Rams this Sunday but Bradford has made some good plays in the last 2 weeks.

Wasn't the game against the Rams, our first loss in 2008. I think were were 5-0, going into that game, had the Rams at home with a showdown with the Steelers on the horizon, and it was like our team took a nap during that game. The Rams still sucked most of the game pretty much, but we let them hang around and weren't so good on offense ourself. Bulger hit a big prayer hail mary late, and the Rams kicked a FG as time expired.

This should clearly not happen to a team coached by Shanahan. If the 'Skins are the team most of us think they are, they will not go into St. Louis and lay an egg.

Archived