Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Larry Johnson Is Done

bulldog

I agree, what a bone head play. But I was ready to bench Sellers after last week. Honestly, with the player turn over, new coaches and schemes I am suprised they are this good, especially with the mistakes they are making. I'll give everyone a pass for the first few weeks.

He's had 5 carries in two games though. LJ has never been, and will never be effective touching the ball like that. There aren't too many backs in football that will be. If you're going to use him like that, you might as well not have him around. My guess is he's just Portis insurance more than a true compliment.

We were destroying Sellers last week just the same. I loved how this coaching staff featured him as if to say "we know you can do better, now go show us because those guys are definitely not going to pay attention to you after that performance". Sellers answered. Let's see if Larry does now, that is, if he gets another chance.

Of course Johnson is done. Some of us knew that years ago. See unlike CP, Johnson has been irrelevant for 4 seasons now. Anyone who thought that this guy was a serious challenge to CP was simply not paying attention.

As for the running game as a whole, the problem is the oline (again) and it's inability to run block. I love that there are folks claiming CP is done. Apparently they don't watch the games. Where were the holes that CP missed? Sorry, I see little to no running room for CP. When he has had blocking, he absolutely has shown burst. That run around the corner in the fourth proved that.

A "done" running back can't make that run. It's clear that the oline is still not in sync with the ZBS.

It looks like they (Mike Shanahan & Bruce Allen) may have made a mistake in letting Ladell Betts go. I understand their logic by letting Rock Cartwright go, but they should have kept Betts. Betts would have hit the hole harder and would have gotten yards behind a very good offensive line. I truly didn't like the acquistions of neither Larry Johnson or Willie Parker. Clearly, the Redskins need a younger RB like C.J. Spiller or Adrian Peterson. While Clinton Portis scored two TDs in yesterday's game, he too is beginning to look very suspect. Portis doesn't resemble the same RB that charged through Shanahan's zone blocking scheme in Denver in 2002 & 2003.

Archived