Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When are the Skins going to stop throwing the ball to Sellers?

PaSkins

Throw it to him more, and when he starts trucking LB's and DB's you might look at it a little differently.

When was the last time he did this? 2007 against the lions? thats the one and only time i can ever remember him trucking anyone.

And you can't truck anyone unless you catch the ball first which he can't seem to do

Now that is funny.

I agree with the majority. Sellers is not who he used to be since he got paid. Shape up or ship him out of DC. We need a fullback that is a play maker. Let the rookie show us what he can do and keep Sellers on special teams.

I almost started a thread Sunday night on the same topic. Dude has 'Los hands...I don't think he's done as bad of a job in blocking assignments as many have stated, but he should be getting ZERO passing targets. How many did he end up with Sunday night? This is strictly from memory, but it seems like he got 4 targets & dropped three, is that right?

I'm a big Mike Sellers guy. He's done a lot for this football team for a long period of time. Especially on teams. In recent years, he's had some really bad plays that have cost us. Its difficult as a fullback because no one notices the ten great blocks, but everyone notices the one dropped pass. I dont think catching the ball and turning up field is necessarily his game, but obviously there is no excuse for dropping the ball. I watched the replay of the game and saw him dealing out some pretty vicious blows on Cowboy LBs. Its there in the film if you care to watch.

I'm still going to stand behind him and hope he proves everyone on this thread wrong.

Agree with most people in the thread, Sellers has really dropped off. I can't say it's really unexpected, after all, he is 35 now.

I am surprised that we don't seem to be giving anyone else significant playing time. I think we'd see a significant boost in the running game if had a fullback that could consistently hit his blocks.

Throw it to him more, and when he starts trucking LB's and DB's you might look at it a little differently.
Yeah, lets use the Jim Zorn approach like how he put Randle El back there to return punts for us and it led to us having the lowest return average in the league.:doh:

Bottomline, when you have a problem you are suppose to fix it.

sellers is worthless and is a liability; can't catch; can't and doesn't block

Lets not forget the horrible fumble in the Saints game last year....OT.

Dude needs to go now, can't catch, can't block and fumbles. I loved him a few years ago but he has steadily gone down hill since.

Guys, do you think its an accident that the final roster has TWO FB's on it? Of course not. It seems that Shanahan is giving Sellers a couple of games to prove he's better than he has been in recent memory, and if not, Young will be active over him.

I just think having a younger, more athletic, hungry, vicious blocker out there in front of Portis can only yield better results.

I'm a big Mike Sellers guy. He's done a lot for this football team for a long period of time. Especially on teams. In recent years, he's had some really bad plays that have cost us. Its difficult as a fullback because no one notices the ten great blocks, but everyone notices the one dropped pass. I dont think catching the ball and turning up field is necessarily his game, but obviously there is no excuse for dropping the ball. I watched the replay of the game and saw him dealing out some pretty vicious blows on Cowboy LBs. Its there in the film if you care to watch.

I'm still going to stand behind him and hope he proves everyone on this thread wrong.

What? Maybe 3 years ago his blocking was good....he is an atrocious blocker now. At 285 i see him getting tossed around like a rag doll out there

He was a big redzone threat a few years ago with brunell. I think he had like 7 TDs? Someone correct me if im wrong. I guess he's just getting old now, losing his touch.

You are correct. That was five years ago. Sellers has become so unreliable. He misses block. When he's not doing that, he's dropping passes. When he catches them, then you have to worry about him fumbling. Shanahan won't put up with that for long. At the rate it's going, he won't be here next season.

No... you guys aren't whacking it hard enough. Let me jump in.

:deadhorse:

Nope, don't feel satisfied enough.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Okay, maybe a bit better now.

My television wonders why I scream "SELLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at it.

Archived