Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The OFFICIAL Turk Strikes Thread (merged)

Snarky

That's funny because with Joe Gibbs 1.0 we ALWAYS managed to dig up some no-name returner and turn him into a great one, like Mike Nelms, etc.....

Nelms was inherited by Gibbs.

From 1985 to 1989 (and in 1984, Nelms showed signs he was done), we had no consistent return man (Green could have been but was needed more as a corner than a return man).

BMitch was really the ONLY one Gibbs found and even in 1990 he was still learning to return (he had not returned a kick since HS, remember he was a QB).

:yikes: If this is true, something seems wrong with this picture. I would have thought (with our current WRs) that Austin would make the 53 man roster. Even if Shanny goes with 5, I still thought he'd make it. Wonder if this isn't a sign of things to come. ;)
I think there may be some late day Shannanigans......trade. Very surprised Austin on PS...I do not see Banks making it at this point...will see soon.

Same....

TJ or VJ?

*Damn, I wanted to see Austin and Torain make it too.

Housh would have to agree to reduce his salary first I would think and unless he wants to go to one of the teams who make an offer he will refuse and no trade will happen. Heck even if he wants to go to the team he is guaranteed $7M under his deal if he plays or not why would he agree to any reduction?

I cant see any team wanting to pay him $7M this year so I will be surprised if a trade happens.

I think I read on nfl.com that the Hawks are on the hook for his salary regardless. It's guaranteed. Therefore if he signs with another team for vet minimum the Hawks will have to pay the balance of nearly $6mil.

You have to believe they wouldn't trade him unless he agrees to redo his deal. I guess that's what they're hoping for.

I think Austin headed to PS is a sign that the 'Skins will keep an extra number at a different position. I expect that position to be FB, where they will keep Sellars and Young. If Sellars is healthy and doing well, you may see Young dropped to PS and Austin brought up.

Although, with the receiving abilities of Davis and Cooley at TE, there is really no need to carry 6 WR's. Regardless, I think this is more a move so we can get an extra player at a different position.

Housh would have to agree to reduce his salary first I would think and unless he wants to go to one of the teams who make an offer he will refuse and no trade will happen. Heck even if he wants to go to the team he is guaranteed $7M under his deal if he plays or not why would he agree to any reduction?

I cant see any team wanting to pay him $7M this year so I will be surprised if a trade happens.

That and he's owed something on the order of $30 mil...but maybe Allen can Jedi himself up a better deal.

Per ESPN, the guarantee is by Seattle, and any team which signs TJ may sign him to a different deal, and Seattle would be liable for the remainder to make it $7 million this year.

So, the 'Skins could sign him for the vet min ($810,000 I believe) and Seattle would still owe him $6.19 million.

There are 4 right now. Jets, Cardinals, Vikings, & Chargers. He will be traded.

What are the requirements for the PS?

Good info here

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4793705_nfl-practice-squad-rules.html

According to league policy, only certain types of players are allowed to sign to the practice squad. Players cannot have played more than nine regular season or been on the active roster for an entire year, nor can players be allowed to spend more than two seasons on the same team's squad unless that team's active roster never dips below 53 players.

Practice Squad rules, each team is allowed to keep up to eight players on their scout team at any given time

[

Per ESPN, the guarantee is by Seattle, and any team which signs TJ may sign him to a different deal, and Seattle would be liable for the remainder to make it $7 million this year.

So, the 'Skins could sign him for the vet min ($810,000 I believe) and Seattle would still owe him $6.19 million.

That only works if he is released by the Hawks. If a team trades for him they have to take his existing contract and the guarantee with him. So unless he agrees to re do his deal - and why should he - I cant see a trade happening.

Archived