Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not sure who watches America's Got Talent but FIGHTING GRAVITY you MUST see these videos

kiingspadee

woah!

That is some really interesting stuff right there.

It just keeps getting better and better.

Hope those guys do well!

That's the thing that amazes me - every time they just keep going bigger and better and it makes me excited each and every week when they are going to be on stage. Tune in TUESDAY NIGHT!

Those were some awesome videos. I hope they beat the operetic kid. No offense to those who like the show, but I had a hard time watching this show when it became a serious trend that only singers would move on and win. There have been some interesting acts over the years like this one, it just seems people want to turn it back into American Idol.

I never watch shows like this, but this year I got hooked into this one. The finals come down to Fighting Gravity and the 10 year old girl.

As far as who has more talent, it's the girl hands down. I still can't believe she is able to sing like that at 10 years old.

But as far as headlining a real Vegas act I think it goes to Fighting Gravity. They appeal to all ages and have gotten better each time they've performed.

I think a dark horse is Prince Poppy****, the guy can sing and entertain.

There is a lot of talent in the top 10 and for the people that don't win, this show will still bring them much success in the rest of their careers.

Those were some awesome videos. I hope they beat the operetic kid. No offense to those who like the show, but I had a hard time watching this show when it became a serious trend that only singers would move on and win. There have been some interesting acts over the years like this one, it just seems people want to turn it back into American Idol.

I agree with this. I think the strength of this show is getting to see non-traditional acts. It's the Ed Sullivan effect.

They aren't the first to do it (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dcmDscwEcI ), but they definitely took the concept and made it much better with the pitch black and black light.

The concept can go in so many directions from choreography to other illusions. Their second performance, they stepped up their difficulty, and it kinda showed with a couple sloppy showing of the performers in black. The third video was much better. They definitely have a good thing going. I would see them, but I don't know about an entire show. I could see them being a good lead in to a show like Blue Man Group. Then again, maybe they could make a living with just a 30 minute show.

Well I was expecting late 90's local favorite ska type band Fighting Gravity, but this was certainly better.

Also, I wonder if this video inspired these guys. I remember being in total awe the first time I saw it. Give it a few seconds as it goes from cool to incredibly awesome in no time.

LzLNqOO6TcQ

EDIT: Beaten to it by D&S. Ah well, my link is embedded, so Ill leave it up. :silly:

They were really cool too.

Yea - they are not too sad though. They were already touring Europe and booking pretty big shows.

America's Got Talent actually called them and asked them to be on the show after they found them on Youtube.

The exposure they got is enough for them to spend the next few years just traveling and having fun.

That's actually kind of upsetting to discover, Duckus. Makes it seem much less an authentic talent hunt if they are actively recruiting acts. The reason that I find this type of show appealing is that I like the idea of discovering that diamond in the ruff who never got a legit shot, but deserves one.

Guess I'm naive.

That's actually kind of upsetting to discover, Duckus. Makes it seem much less an authentic talent hunt if they are actively recruiting acts. The reason that I find this type of show appealing is that I like the idea of discovering that diamond in the ruff who never got a legit shot, but deserves one.

Guess I'm naive.

if you expect that from a network television show you already know you are naive. But everyone wants to believe in the fairytale so we all gladly ignore the behind the scenes.

This act is gonna become a staple on the Vegas Strip. The only thing that could hold them back is their imagination and their budget.

BUt once they are provided with the funds the show will become really a genuine must see attraction. THese guys could be millionaires in 10 years time.

This is pretty much their act, except a lot better. EDIT: I said this before I saw the skateboard stuff, that was damn cool

I was about to correct you, but then refreshed and saw your edit :ols:.

The video you posted is interesting, but not as well done as what I've seen (in all 3 videos) of the VT boys. "Expression Crew" has good ideas, but aren't as clean as Fighting Gravity. If it shows anything, its that Fighting Gravity, however unique it is, is NOT original (but still pretty damn cool).

These guys have a cool enough act to put on a show. I don't know if they are better than the little wonder girl (personally I don't care for singing kids) but they are someone I think people would pay to see. Similar to the blue man group.

Win or not I could see these guys sell come tickets in vegas. I'd hit up this show on the strip and with a bigger budget and some professional help they could make this concept into something really memorable.

Archived