Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's improved more Pass protection or Santana Moss?

NoCalMike

Pass protection was absolutely fantastic tonight. It was fun watching Williams and Brown just dismantle the Jets DL. By the way is there a bigger difference in ability between Stephon Heyer and Jamaal Brown? Good god. Brown is a stud.

Brown is what a real NFL Offensive Tackle looks like in pass protection. Honestly I think it is the combination. Campbell did not make quick decisions, but losers like Heyer didn't give him the time to make any decisions. Yeah Rex makes mistakes, but he makes the decision and sticks with it, Campbell seemed too afraid to throw a pick, so he looked for the dump off

Brown is what a real NFL Offensive Tackle looks like in pass protection. Honestly I think it is the combination. Campbell did not make quick decisions, but losers like Heyer didn't give him the time to make any decisions. Yeah Rex makes mistakes, but he makes the decision and sticks with it, Campbell seemed too afraid to throw a pick, so he looked for the dump off

Yeah, Williams and Brown kind of reminded me of the "good old days" of Samuels and Jansen dominating the edges. Was nice to see.

The backs and TEs were really good in blitz pickups as well.

Its just amazing to me the upgrade at the O line over the offseason.

We got hicks and he was going to be our 2nd best linemman. Now he is our 4th best lineman. That is pretty freaking awesome.

I still think Casey Rabach doesnt get it done but it looks so much better.

His tiny hands have led to that throughout his career tho, his strength has never been large soft hands. (No Kwame Brown)

You're right, accept during every reskins broadcast Joe Theisman talks about how Moss has some of the best hands in the league? He's compared him to Chris Carter the past two weeks, and Randy Moss last year.....

What is he smoking?

I have to say, I think Rex has played pretty well this offseason. Some of his passes were really dumb (which is what we should all know we should expect) but the guy doesn't have any issue with throwing the ball downfield, which is something we haven't seen our of a QB since...............................wow, I don't know when the last QB we had that would go deep with the ball more than like twice a game.

Maybe Brad Johnson???

Sorry, that's off topic a little.

It has to be pass protection. Because I don't see how Moss is that much improved.. he's dropping balls all over the field this pre-season.

Did you guys forget the bomb down the middle that hit him in the hands? Moss can catch the ball all day long in open spaces... get him near someone and he looks like a 12 year old kid playing football for the first time.

The Redskins need to find a possession receiver bad to keep drives alive and move Moss all around to allow him to get open in space and let him do his thing. I'm sure MS and KS are finding this out.

The Redskins didn't game plan for the Ravens. So, they weren't ready when they blitzed more guys than we could pick up. They obviously prepared for the Jets this week. They kept more guys in to protect the QBs and they made them pay. I cringe every time I think of the Moss drop. We can't have that during the regular season.

Archived