Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

What's the deal with Tom cleverly? Everyone seems up on him for club and country. I don't see it.

because he plays for United.

There is nothing special about him, imo. I dont say that to hate, I just have never seen anything special. He is one of those that injuries have enhanced his stature.

I wont comment on an England captain getting sent off today. Just unfortunate.

But Ukraine are a good side. They almost beat England at Euros, so this result was never going to be easy for them.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

Gerrard's sending off wasn't unfortunate man, It was boneheaded. And he knew it as soon as he did it. You lunge in, particularly in the International climate, like that when your already on a booking, you run the risk.

Fortunately for England the next game is against San Marino at home, so he won't be missed. (Personally, that wouldn't be an issue with me anyways as I'd be slowly fading the old guard out, and San Marino would be perfect to blood more youngsters. But he's integral to Hodgson so it's relevant.).

Hail.

So I'll be heading up for the DC-Revs game Saturday around 12 or so with a couple buds. Hearing Rosario got hurt sure put a damper on things though.

I hope he recovers quickly, but he has been having a rough time on the field for DC lately. Of course, most everyone has been having a rough time. They really need to get their **** back together if they want to get to the playoffs.

Gerrard's sending off wasn't unfortunate man, It was boneheaded. And he knew it as soon as he did it. You lunge in, particularly in the International climate, like that when your already on a booking, you run the risk.

Fortunately for England the next game is against San Marino at home, so he won't be missed. (Personally, that wouldn't be an issue with me anyways as I'd be slowly fading the old guard out, and San Marino would be perfect to blood more youngsters. But he's integral to Hodgson so it's relevant.).

Hail.

Not sure if this is the right thread and I thought of doing this by PM but at the risk of picking at an open sore what your feeling about the stuff coming out today about the Hillsborough disaster? Shocking stuff and I'm sure an emotional day for a Liverpool fan.

Not sure if this is the right thread and I thought of doing this by PM but at the risk of picking at an open sore what your feeling about the stuff coming out today about the Hillsborough disaster? Shocking stuff and I'm sure an emotional day for a Liverpool fan.

Like you wouldn't believe Martin.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?370026-A-day-disgracefully-23-years-in-coming-that-makes-one-posters-life-a-little-easier-to-now-bare.-Apologies-in-advance-for-the-content.

Hail.

I hope he recovers quickly, but he has been having a rough time on the field for DC lately. Of course, most everyone has been having a rough time. They really need to get their **** back together if they want to get to the playoffs.

Agreed. This is the first time I've made a DCU tailgate in awhile since I usually make the trip up from Richmond late. Definitely looking forward to it though I wish I had renewed my screaming eagle membership this year.

Rovers beat Bristol City 5-3, two goals in stoppage time to win the match. This team is really capable in offense, but still scary weak in defense. Top of the league at the moment, though!

That league really is wide open this year. You could have upwards of 12 teams very capable of finishing in the top couple of positions.

I'll add.

At the end of an emotional week for the City and club, Liverpool were very unlucky not to get their first win of the season at Sunderland. Dominated the game for long spells, hit both bar and post, and had a stonewall penalty for me turned down due to Suarez reputation for going down easy preceding him. Three or four other great chances, whilst Sunderland scored from more or less the only chance they created all game. Courtesy of some woeful Liverpool defending. But a draw it was, leaving Liverpool winless after 4 games for the first time in over a hundred years. Nobody said or expected it was gona' be easy as we rebuild under Brendan and slowly start to turn this wayward ship around.

Next up, arguably the biggest game in World football against Utd next Sunday. Bring it on!

Good to get back to football, but after last Wednesday, we were already massive winners this week.

Hail.

*Edit* Good luck DCU against the Revs. Let's get back on track.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Just got back. One of my buds had never been to a MLS game. My best friend and I decided to let him get a real experience. First, he walks into RFK and had his breath taken away at how big the place was lol. Second, he got to witness a awesome game in one of the largest crowds I've seen in awhile (The press box apparently shook during the second goal. I heard from my bud interning there). So after the game we don't let him know about the march and the pit. We just acted casually so he wouldn't pick up on us leading him to it. Lastly, he met Najar after the game (Damn near passed out asking for a pic with him lol). Overall he said 97 was the highest rating he gave to a event he's gone to (Bush gardens 97 out 100). DCU game gets a infinity according to him.

Oh did I mention we got there at like 1pm so he got to experience a true DCU tailgate for like almost 6 hours lol?

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Just got back. One of my buds had never been to a MLS game. My best friend and I decided to let him get a real experience. First, he walks into RFK and had his breath taken away at how big the place was lol. Second, he got to witness a awesome game in one of the largest crowds I've seen in awhile (The press box apparently shook during the second goal. I heard from my bud interning there). So after the game we don't let him know about the march and the pit. We just acted casually so he wouldn't pick up on us leading him to it. Lastly, he met Najar after the game (Damn near passed out asking for a pic with him lol). Overall he said 97 was the highest rating he gave to a event he's gone to (Bush gardens 97 out 100). DCU game gets a infinity according to him.

Oh did I mention we got there at like 1pm so he got to experience a true DCU tailgate for like almost 6 hours lol?

^ renaissance likes this post

The only thing better than college night for your first game is a college night win for your first game. Glad you guys had a good time and we actually got a win!

Edited by renaissance

Next up, arguably the biggest game in World football against Utd next Sunday. Bring it on!

Good to get back to football, but after last Wednesday, we were already massive winners this week.

The timing of this Liverpool / Utd game is something else.....Utd fans pulled for chanting at yesterdays home game against Wigan. Plus, Liverpool are in serious need of a win..should be interesting to see if they are able to play up to the occasion.

The timing of this Liverpool / Utd game is something else.....Utd fans pulled for chanting at yesterdays home game against Wigan. Plus' date=' Liverpool are in serious need of a win..should be interesting to see if they are able to play up to the occasion.[/quote']

Yeah, as disappointing as the Utd fans were yesterday, it's not surprising. Until our cretins stop singing about Munich/ Shipman it's unrealistic to expect Utd fans to rip the Hillsborough part of their songbook up. As disgraceful as it is to say that. It's a horrible, poisonous relationship/ fixture.

I'm hoping the derby's will be a lot better now. We've always had the bulk of the blues support. But over recent years, there's been a growing swell of them at games throwing **** our way. The game there in a few weeks should be telling. But the majority of most clubs fans over the intervening years has been good in that respect. I think most decent football fans realise it could of been them that day, and act accordingly.

The only other one I expect ZERO change is against Chelsea. They'll probably sing their Hillsborough rhetoric even louder. But then Chelsea always have been, and always will be, a horrible set of low life ***** that rank among the lowest anywhere. So what I expect, can't bother me.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven