Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Shouldn't that be 'BP?' 'Before Premiership', a time erased from the record books at OT. ;)

So you're going with Dortmund huh man? Good choice for you I think as we discussed earlier. Should be fun with your Munich friend.

Hail.

Yeah my Dortmund scarf just arrived from Germany last night. Very nice scarf. I've just fallen in love with the supporters and players of BVB 09. I tried to like Bayern for the sake of my bud but I never had the same connection. Needless to say he's at war right now. When a pic of my new scarf showed up FB he flipped.:ols:

It was funny when we were getting ready the morning of the DCU game last Saturday. Everyone stayed with me the friday night before. We had to have Bayern and Dortmund on at the same time on Saturday morning.:ols: I had to miss the Man Utd game since we were on the road to DC by then for tailgating.

Sidenote: I can also enjoy YNWA now. I never hated the song but I had to change the lyrics a bit ;) Now I can sing the right lyrics and feel good about it.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Buds of mine are pushing for me to have my DCU warm up/ jersey thing customized to "RRR" . Comes for the Rambunctious Rowdy Ram nickname I got at VCU but it doesn't seem really clever compared to the ones I see around the tailgates. Like the one guy with "Darkness", "Soup", of course "Socks",etc.

edit: I was kind of thinking like "Bloody Eagle" or something. If you don't know what that is look it up. I should warn you it's sick.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Well that was one heck of a fun watch in Berne to kick-off the Europa League campaign.

Lots of kids, showing the experienced pro's up with enthusiasm and a great attitude. ***** defending from both teams. One of the most comical oggies you'll ever see. Great goals. 8 of them in total. And 5 goals scored away from home in Europe. Full house as the name still carries massive weight wherever L'pool go. And thanks to the other game being drawn, 2 clear to start the group.

Great to be entertained. Real enjoyable watch. Well done the kids.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Well that was one heck of a fun watch in Berne to kick-off the Europa League campaign.

Lots of kids, showing the experienced pro's up with enthusiasm and a great attitude. ***** defending from both teams. One of the most comical oggies you'll ever see. Great goals. 8 of them in total. And 5 goals scored away from home in Europe. Full house as the name still carries massive weight wherever L'pool go. And thanks to the other game being drawn, 2 clear to start the group.

Great to be entertained. Real enjoyable watch. Well done the kids.

Hail.

I DVR'd the game yesterday so I could watch it when I got home from work. The HD feed was terrible, so I had to DVR the replay. I will watch that today when I get home from work. I almost got through the night without finding out the score (I forgot I have a Liverpool fansite on my facebook feed). I can't wait to see the 'other' kids play. I hope that Suso made an impact

Well, as you now know the result, Suso did great. When he adds goals to his game, he'll be a serious threat. Still a bit lightweight, but man is he gifted. I thought all the kids did well. Wisdom in particular playi/ng out of position of RB, capped off with a real good debut goal.

It was some of the senior pro's that let the side down. Carragher looked all over the place even against a poor side like Young Boys. Enrique was getting caught out all night, and his defending on the first goal was woeful. Downing was running down blind alleys, and Sahin looked short of pace and interest. Ironically Henderson had a real good game for once, and set both of Shelvey's goals up. The build-up to his first in particular was fantastic.

Hope the replay tapes well, as it's a real enjoyable game to watch. A lot of defensive mistakes, but all things considered with the age and inexperience of the side, a fine performance to come away with that scoreline away in Europe.

This Europa League campaign could be a fun ride.

Hail.

Good win for LFC yesterday in Euros.... with 8 of 11 starters staying home for ManU. Sunday is going to be busy!

I'll have to wake up at 6am to get my run and work out in, start watching the LFC game at 8-ish, and then leave around 1030 for FedEx to watch the Redskins... my wife is going to be so pissed when I'm worthless to her on Sunday/Monday, lol.

EDIT: And finally DCU gets a road win.... it's been forever. Philidelphia isn't the best team in the world, but points are points at this stage in the season.

Hamid makes easy things seem difficult and will then blow your mind with a save....

Edited by DC9

Good win for LFC yesterday in Euros.... with 8 of 11 starters staying home for ManU. Sunday is going to be busy!

I'll have to wake up at 6am to get my run and work out in, start watching the LFC game at 8-ish, and then leave around 1030 for FedEx to watch the Redskins... my wife is going to be so pissed when I'm worthless to her on Sunday/Monday, lol. .....

LOL. I hear that man. I've been in the dog house on far more occasions than I care to remember with various woman playing second fiddle to games over the years. The trick is finding one that will indulge our sporting passions. (And then spending the rest of the time compromising with whatever she wants to make up for it. :ols:.).

Short funny related one. I have an Uncle that back in '76 for the UEFA Cup Final against Bruges, left the house in his slippers on the Monday evening having been sent by his wife for a loaf of bread from the corner shop, saw his mates getting on a coach to go to Belgium ..... and, well, long story short, the next time she saw him was 3 days later when he got home from Bruges late Thursday night, having been the match and minus the bread. Hence to say it took him a heck of a long time to get back in her good books,. :ols:

Typical L'pool story over the years. Happy days, lol.

Hail.

The first episode was pretty good. I will definitely watch the second episode

That was boss. Gave an interesting insight into things you never see. And how can you not fail to be more and more impressed Brendan and his philosophy on the game and direction he wants to take the club in the traditional Liverpool manner every time he speaks? Also kinda' cool personally seeing areas you know well as players are driving around etc.

Fox soccer done good with that doco. Roll on next Friday. (Or Sunday for you guys.).

Hail.

Wonder if GHH is at the Liverpool vs Man Utd. match? Should be a good one.

I was, and I'm even more pissed now I'm home and have seen the incidents on the TV than I was in the ground.

Totally and utterly done by Halsey. Shelvey should never of walked. That was a booking. But Evans should of. He was off the ground with both feet, leading with his studs. How van Persie stayed on is beyond me. That was RIGHT in front of Halsey, yet he failed to act. At least two defo pens for Liverpool, if not more not given. The Ferdinand rugby tackle on Agger was beyond comical first half. Suarez' reputation again probably went before him when he was brought down the second half. And then he gives Utd a none penalty. Valencia was on his way down himself without any outside help.

Thoroughly frustrating day losing a game we never should of lost. And just to compound matters, Agger and Kelly looked like bad injury's at the game, and Shelvey's out for 3 games for the straight red.

Lucky Utd. ******* Halsey's a dick.

Hail.

*Edit* Nice touch from Utd with the flowers and tributes on their tracky tops. And the supporters seemed respectful as far as I could ascertain. So thank you for that.

although you probably need to now since Southampton won yesterday.

get your kicks in while you can this year....

---------- Post added September-23rd-2012 at 12:31 PM ----------

I was, and I'm even more pissed now I'm home and have seen the incidents on the TV than I was in the ground.

Totally and utterly done by Halsey. Shelvey should never of walked. That was a booking. But Evans should of. He was off the ground with both feet, leading with his studs. How van Persie stayed on is beyond me. That was RIGHT in front of Halsey, yet he failed to act. At least two defo pens for Liverpool, if not more not given. The Ferdinand rugby tackle on Agger was beyond comical first half. Suarez' reputation again probably went before him when he was brought down the second half. And then he gives Utd a none penalty. Valencia was on his way down himself without any outside help.

Thoroughly frustrating day losing a game we never should of lost. And just to compound matters, Agger and Kelly looked like bad injury's at the game, and Shelvey's out for 3 games for the straight red.

Lucky Utd. ******* Halsey's a dick.

Hail.

*Edit* Nice touch from Utd with the flowers and tributes on their tracky tops. And the supporters seemed respectful as far as I could ascertain. So thank you for that.

very frustrating game to watch. It's like the ref went out of his way to show that he wasn't swayed by the emotion of the day, therefore giving every call to United and ultimately gift wrapping 3 points as well.

Positives from the game, Suso and Sterling look great. In my mind Suso has jumped in front of Jonjo. Joe Allen was a fantastic signing. Wisdom looked great in the middle of the week, I think we will see what he can do in the EPL.

Edited by jobaga

.....very frustrating game to watch. It's like the ref went out of his way to show that he wasn't swayed by the emotion of the day, therefore giving every call to United and ultimately gift wrapping 3 points as well.

Positives from the game, Suso and Sterling look great. In my mind Suso has jumped in front of Jonjo. Wisdom looked great in the middle of the week, I think we will see what he can do in the EPL.

Never got why he pulled Sterling off for Henderson. If you thought Reheem was going to tire (he wasn't showing any signs when he went off); then don't freaking bring him on for 15 minutes when there's absolutely no need in mid-week. I was surprised Sahin wasn't brought on for his experience at half-time, but Suso certainly didn't look out of place out there. I hope Wisodm does get a shot, and not Enrique brought back in and Johnson switched back over. And Coates too at center half if Danny's gona' be out a spell rather than Jamie, who can't cope with the pace at this level anymore sadly.

Gift wrapped from the referee indeed. Halsey was an absolute disgrace. As so often happens in this fixture, lucky, lucky Utd.

Hail.

Great, great, GREAT result for the Gunners today

Ramsey, Jenkinson, and Big Per were outstanding.

Koscielny once against pockets Aguero.

I dont think we are title challengers yet (we wont know until the United match, imo) but this was an excellent result.

---------- Post added September-23rd-2012 at 12:56 PM ----------

get your kicks in while you can this year....

its been about 3 seasons tbf. I dont need to remind you about balloons scoring goals. :)

That was boss. Gave an interesting insight into things you never see. And how can you not fail to be more and more impressed Brendan and his philosophy on the game and direction he wants to take the club in the traditional Liverpool manner every time he speaks? Also kinda' cool personally seeing areas you know well as players are driving around etc.

Fox soccer done good with that doco. Roll on next Friday. (Or Sunday for you guys.).

Hail.

If you liked the first one, you will love the second episode. I really hope BR succeeds

As United supporter I'm kind of afraid of posting here right now lol. GHH might cut my ****ing head off lol.

you better not be. You guys took your chances, Liverpool didnt.

You can say the Shelvy red was a joke, but Liverpool had their chances before and after that. United created little and the penalty by Johnson was a penalty, despite whatever consternation Liverpool fans have.

If you are United tho, you have to be worried about that joke of a central midfield you have. Probably the worst of all the top sides, and it may be worse than a side like Everton's too.

As United supporter I'm kind of afraid of posting here right now lol. GHH might cut my ****ing head off lol.

Unless your names Mark Halsey, and your a dopey, cheating **** from Hertfodshire, your safe man.

Congratulations.

..... and the penalty by Johnson was a penalty, despite whatever consternation Liverpool fans have.....

Even Gary Neville, who like Aikman has surprisingly turned out to be one of the fairest, straight-up analysts out there, disagrees with that assertion.

Hail.

you better not be. You guys took your chances, Liverpool didnt.

You can say the Shelvy red was a joke, but Liverpool had their chances before and after that. United created little and the penalty by Johnson was a penalty, despite whatever consternation Liverpool fans have.

If you are United tho, you have to be worried about that joke of a central midfield you have. Probably the worst of all the top sides, and it may be worse than a side like Everton's too.

Well GHH knew I had to post eventually. He's probably surprised I took this long :ols:

I'm always happy when we win at Anfield but yeah there's lots of of concerns. The Champions league game told me that. If we win the league this year it will take everything we have. We won't be cruising to a title like some other years. No room for mistakes this year either.

---------- Post added September-24th-2012 at 09:19 PM ----------

Unless your names Mark Halsey, and your a dopey, cheating **** from Hertfodshire, your safe man.

Congratulations.

Thank you. I won't comment on refs right now. I chewed them out mercilessly at the Skin game Sunday. I don't think I can handle talking about refs anymore at least for a few days.