Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I was practicing at the Kickers facility. Two buds of mine were double teaming me while my other bud who is a keeper was back in net. I sent the ball between both of them and leaped between both of them(completely caught them off guard). My bud came out of net and I blasted the bouncing ball in the upper 90. I did a slide into a RVD impression. Kickers player walked by went "That was nice lol. Bonus points on the celebration too." LOL

Need to add that this guy usually comes to the game with gel in his hair.

boysetsfire and I have encountered Merdinho Dos many times in our pickup days. In one instance, the guy was on our team and literally came up and tackled the ball away from boysetsfire at midfield.

Mostly they're the former soccer star back in their teen years. Will flop like crazy if beaten.

The Gatekeeper

The slow-as-molasses individual with no athletic ability nor skill to play soccer, will never move 10 feet away from his/her team's post. That would be me. :)

LOL. I've played with all of them on a Sunday at different times over the years.

Hail.

Looks like I need to check out the pickup games more often, so I can see for myself.:ols: I know a lot of guys up the street from me have pickup games every weekend when the weather is good of course.

Good win for City today

Morning tradition of Darkey and MAcca to start the Saturday

Couldn't resist an opportunity to gush about one of my favourite players of the '90's. Macca and his bessie mate Robbie Fowler single handedly carried Liverpool Football Club through the 1990's. World class player with the ball at his feet. Wing wizard and master of the dribble. There's not been many better dribblers than Stevie in any era. All that let him down was his finishing at times. But when he did score, it was invariably spectacular. Absolute travesty that he never won the league on arguably the best squad and best footballing side of the 1990's. But United had the discipline that Liverpool lacked. And some Danish fella' in nets who single handedly won them a couple of titles. Along with the inspiration of a French lunatic. I was absolutely made up for him when he went to Madrid and won two European Cups, scoring in the first final against Valencia in Paris in 2000. He took a lot of stick from morons who should of known better when he left for nothing on a Bosman. But people forget the club had **** all over him by trying to sell him to Barcelona a year before when he never wanted to play anywhere else than his home town club. He basically tipped up for training one morning to be told to get on a plane to Barcelona, a deal had been done. So I never blamed him when it fell through for letting his contract run out and doing what was best for him. Loyalty's a two way street.

And he's a top guy in general, who always has time for anyone and always has a smile on his face to go along with cheeky SOH. A Scouser through and through. And World class footballer to boot.

Deserved a better song than the 'Muppet Show' one we gave him though. :(

*And yeah, GHH does sound like this. But thicker. (The accent wise ass'. Not the mind! :ols:).

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Looks like I need to check out the pickup games more often, so I can see for myself.:ols: I know a lot of guys up the street from me have pickup games every weekend when the weather is good of course.

I play in an over 30 league on Thursday and a Co-Ed on Monday. Both in AA County. Send me a message if you ever want a run...

Mostly they're the former soccer star back in their teen years. Will flop like crazy if beaten.

Speaking of this. Has anyone noticed that 95% of guys who play rec league soccer as adults "would have played in college if only they hadn't gotten injured in high school"?

Speaking of this. Has anyone noticed that 95% of guys who play rec league soccer as adults "would have played in college if only they hadn't gotten injured in high school"?

I would be playing for DC United if not for my lack of talent....

I play in an over 30 league on Thursday and a Co-Ed on Monday. Both in AA County. Send me a message if you ever want a run...

One day, I shall take you up on that offer.

But bsf, ren and Elessar at least need to be there too. I may talk dead funny, but man we'd have a blast. Oh yeah, and the #7 shirts MINE! Or we might well be going at it. :ols:

Hail.

One day, I shall take you up on that offer.

But bsf, ren and Elessar at least need to be there too. I may talk dead funny, but man we'd have a blast. Oh yeah, and the #7 shirts MINE! Or we might well be going at it. :ols:

Hail.

I have played with both bsf and ren...they both have some skill

Talking of ren, she owes me like 500 beers. (Least that's how I remember it. :pfft: ). I have it in writing. :D

Yup, we defo need to get that done.

Hail.

Don't feel bad, they wouldn't have a beer with me either! That was after we played a game together...

Edited by jobaga

Stoke are the new Wimbledon. I don't get all the media love for the them. Their a bunch of thugs that get away with WAY too much. To hear Pulis complaining about diving the other week, after the **** his players get upto; was beyond the pale. Horrible, horrible set of *****. On and off the field.

On the subject of 'diving', that was shocking from Luis above. He's had 3 stonewall pens turned down already this year, and **** like today just aids in his reputation going before him when he is genuinely fouled. Rodgers needs to get a grip on that. Very frustrating day, as I'm sure many will be without an out and out scorer in the team. Should of WELL won the game. Loving watching this team develop. Suso and Wisdom, like Sterling, don't look out of place at all at this level.

Hail.

On the subject of 'diving', that was shocking from Luis above. He's had 3 stonewall pens turned down already this year, and **** like today just aids in his reputation going before him when he is genuinely fouled. Rodgers needs to get a grip on that. Very frustrating day, as I'm sure many will be without an out and out scorer in the team. Should of WELL won the game. Loving watching this team develop. Suso and Wisdom, like Sterling, don't look out of place at all at this level.

Hail.

I don't disagree about Louis. I wish he would keep his feet more. That doesn't change the fact that he doesn't get calls that other players get. I think if he would get the calls he deserves, he would not feel as if he needs to embellish the contact. As far as him being singled out as a diver, give me a break. Every team has at least three guys that do the same exact things as Suarez, just not as vilified .

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 05:54 PM ----------

Friedel's consecutive game streak comes to an end today it seems. Nice run Brad. Reason I started following Rovers.

it's a shame, but it looks like he lost his place (undeserved)

I don't disagree about Louis. I wish he would keep his feet more. That doesn't change the fact that he doesn't get calls that other players get. I think if he would get the calls he deserves, he would not feel as if he needs to embellish the contact. As far as him being singled out as a diver, give me a break. Every team has at least three guys that do the same exact things as Suarez, just not as vilified .

I strongly disagree with that. I been watching Suarez since he moved to Ajax,, he has always dived and embellished contact, etc. That is what he does. That is how he plays.

Now 2 wrongs do not make a right, so refs need to call fouls when they are fouls, but the reason he does that is because thats how he is.

and the reason why Suarez is singled out is because he does it an egregious amount of times. Every time the guy falls over, he is looking for the ref to blow the whistle. I dont remember Cronaldo being like that when he first got to England. Pires was never that bad either. Even Gerrard and Rooney are not as egregious as Suarez is. He got away with it his first 12 months in the Premier League, but it seem everything changed after the "Negrito" incident.

I cannot think of another player in England that is as bad as Suarez when it comes to embellishment and diving. If he wants it to change, he is going to have to stay on his feet. Thats what changed for Cronaldo, he stopped falling over dramatically and played through contact unless it was an actual foul. Refs forgot about his diving ways and started calling fouls for him. I would say Suarez has to adjust, but he does not seem willing too.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan