Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

This game between Argentina vs Chile is incredible. I'd have to say that Chile look like the better team but the score obviously says otherwise. Should be a great second half.

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 09:47 PM ----------

2 handballs that should have been called against Argentina in the box either let go or missed.

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

Chile finally scored. Well deserved!

Edited by morris84

We had a couple of world cup qualifying great breathtaking games. Germany vs Sweden, the Germans leading 4-0 before I witnessed one of the greatest come back ever with the Swedes scoring 4 goals in 30 minutes to escape with a tie.

Spain vs France 1-1, who could have thought about this outcome ? LLoris was outstanding saving a penalty kick and the house quite a few times. Ribery and Benzema finally played in tune, Giroud (which has been a one year wonder so far) scored the equalizer in extra time (90+4). We could have won it, but the ref called Benzema offside (while replay shows he wasn't) on the goal by Menez.

Edited by FrFan

So yeah my buds and I will be up early Saturday for tailgating. Huge game and against a traditional rival. You know before a certain lousy NY energy drink. Wanted let you guys know for once ahead of time so I might actually meet some of you there :ols:

Just look for a jersey saying Bloody Eagle or Soup(my bud's jersey) or a bunch of random dudes looking for someone.

We had a couple of world cup qualifying great breathtaking games. Germany vs Sweden, the Germans leading 4-0 before I witnessed one of the greatest come back ever with the Swedes scoring 4 goals in 30 minutes to escape with a tie.

Spain vs France 1-1, who could have thought about this outcome ? LLoris was outstanding saving a penalty kick and the house quite a few times. Ribery and Benzema finally played in tune, Giroud (which has been a one year wonder so far) scored the equalizer in extra time (90+4). We could have won it, but the ref called Benzema offside (while replay shows he wasn't) on the goal by Menez.

I'm curious to see how Giroud will evolve. He seems to have the touch and vision to play at this level, although his movement isn't the most graceful. "Uncoordinated" "Awkward" aren't really words assosciated with "top striker".

I'm curious to see how Giroud will evolve. He seems to have the touch and vision to play at this level, although his movement isn't the most graceful. "Uncoordinated" "Awkward" aren't really words assosciated with "top striker".

cant agree with that. His movement, and the intelligence of it, is the best part of his game imo. He has a nose for finding the right space on the field to set up chances. His finishing isnt the best tho.

Awkward and Uncoordinated was Marouane.

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Luis Suarez Celebrity Cardboard Face Mask

Great piece of kit is this! Has actually made my front teeth grow 2 inches. This would be ideal if you we're to lose said teeth.

I couldn't believe it also has the ability to teach you numerous swear words from around the globe! I'm now fluent in 'they pick on me' 'why me?' 'Ynwa la' and my favourite 'negrito'

I must also add the side affects

Chip on shoulder

Inability to keep on feet

Casual racism

An overwhelming feeling of wanting to kick the #### out of your own face

Delusions of FA bigotry

Other than this though A+ product buy buy buy!

:ols:

He's tall and strong but stiff. I have a doubt about his ability to succeed in the Premier league. He doesn't adapt very well to new positions and teammates. He is struggling to make the French squad and when he does he is a substitute. He is talented but the key will be how will he fit in with Arsenal ?. I wish him good luck anyways.

Edited by FrFan

He's tall and strong but stiff. I have a doubt about his ability to succeed in the Premier league. He doesn't adapt very well to new positions and teammates. He is struggling to make the French squad and when he does he is a substitute. He is talented but the key will be how will he fit in with Arsenal ?. I wish him good luck anyways.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. He's not fluid.

Gota' admit I was REAL surprised, even with the French connection; that Wenger was even interested in Giroud. Let alone for him to go shell out £ 12 million.

He's not the quickest. Certainly not a prolific or natural goalscorer, which Arsenal have been crying out for since Thierry departed. (RVP's career season last year not withstanding.). Talking of Henry, Giroud comparing his start to the genius in the #'14 shirt's 9 game goalless start for Arsenal and adapting to a new Country was beyond laughable. He's like an old fashioned English center forward. Big, strong, good in the air. But without the natural instinct that will get you 20 plus goals a season.

A slightly more talented version of Peter Crouch. And he looks just as ungainly. This dude has Chamakh written all over him. But at a much more costly price.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Gota' admit I was REAL surprised, even with the French connection; that Wenger was even interested in Giroud. Let alone for him to go shell out £ 12 million.

He's not the quickest. Certainly not a prolific or natural goalscorer, which Arsenal have been crying out for since Thierry departed. (RVP's career season last year not withstanding.). Talking of Henry, Giroud comparing his start to the genius in the #'14 shirt's 9 game goalless start for Arsenal and adapting to a new Country was beyond laughable. He's like an old fashioned English center forward. Big, strong, good in the air. But without the natural instinct that will get you 20 plus goals a season.

A slightly more talented version of Peter Crouch. And he looks just as ungainly. This dude has Chamakh written all over him. But at a much more costly price.

Hail.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. He's not fluid.

flexibility.jpg

;)

Edited by FrFan

Hail.

It might be one of those moves where we just splashed some cash to give the appearance that we're doing something and not just sitting on our hands again. "Ungainly" is a great word for him. Hey if he trips over his feet and in the process knocks in 20 goals this season, I'll be okay with that.

yea, I think you guys are watching a different Giroud then I am.

He is nothing like Chamakh in terms of his movement and scoring instincts. Not even remotely similar. Chamakh is a guy who was stiff and looked awkward moving, Giroud does not look remotely like that.

That and Giroud has a history of scoring goals (in fact he had a 20 goal season last year for Montpellier, while Chamakh never scored more than 14 goals anywhere). And he is better in the air than Marouane.

The Crouch comparison is odd too.

Still early days with him, but he looks like he has a lot more to his game than the typical English center forward types like Carroll, Crouch, or a Cameron Jerome.

I am not saying Giroud will be a world beater, but the Chamakh comparison is very convenient to make simply on the "Arsenal sign striker from France, and all striker Arsenal sign from France are the same," thinking.

When I say he has 'Chamakh' written all over him, I mean in terms of being a complete flop. I wasn't comparing the two's respective abilities. Made worse by the fact one only cost in wages, the other has the fee to go along with it.

Time will out, and he is in a completely new environment it's true. But the initial signs aren't wholly encouraging.

Hail.

Sell-out crowd expected for the DC match this weekend. Huge HUGE game. Win or draw and they are in the playoffs. A win would obviously be better suited. That way they can grab one of the top 3 spots and not play in the play-in game.

So where do the ES folks there hang? I want to remember tomorrow when I get to the tailgate.

Chelsea really are a despicable club, but it is funny seeing the English media and pols heated over what happened in Serbia and wanting 10 year bans but not issuing harsher bans on players own racist acts on the pitch.

The hypocrisy when it comes to English players is that far beyond disgraceful it's not even in the same Country, never mind zip code.

As for Chelsea, they are indeed a totally despicable football club, on and off the pitch. For years, Stamford Bridge was a major recruiting ground for the far right, neo-Nazi 'keep England White' retards. Many of whom hold over as long standing Chelsea neanderthals. There's not a more racist, bigoted, backward set of ***** going than Chelsea fans. It's no wonder the club's players follow suit in the low life stakes. Ironically, out of the clubs you'd think I'd still expect the Hillsborough **** to be slung, even after recent events, it's not Utd or City or Everton, but the low life scumbags from Stamford Bridge. They'll just sing it longer and louder.

Horrible, horrible set of repulsive supporters from a plastic football club with precisely one mor eleague title than the 'mighty' Huddersfield Town.

Big club my pasty white ass!

Hail.

*Edit* All the best to DCU tomorrow. Give them Hell boys! I shall be watching the feed bsf for what it's worth and rooting for you guys from afar.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

The hypocrisy when it comes to English players is that far beyond disgraceful it's not even in the same Country, never mind zip code.

As for Chelsea, they are indeed a totally despicable football club, on and off the pitch. For years, Stamford Bridge was a major recruiting ground for the far right, neo-Nazi 'keep England White' retards. Many of whom hold over as long standing Chelsea neanderthals. There's not a more racist, bigoted, backward set of ***** going than Chelsea fans. It's no wonder the club's players follow suit in the low life stakes. Ironically, out of the clubs you'd think I'd still expect the Hillsborough **** to be slung, even after recent events, it's not Utd or City or Everton, but the low life scumbags from Stamford Bridge. They'll just sing it longer and louder.

Horrible, horrible set of repulsive supporters from a plastic football club with precisely one mor eleague title than the 'mighty' Huddersfield Town.

Big club my pasty white ass!

Hail.

*Edit* All the best to DCU tomorrow. Give them Hell boys! I shall be watching the feed bsf for what it's worth and rooting for you guys from afar.

My Firts post so be gentle. Chelsea are indeed hypocites for what they have said about Terry. He is a vile person and I am glad he isn't involved with England anymore. However, rascism in EPL is nothing like it used to be and nothing like what happened in Serbia with th U21;s. Uefa will do nothing but issue a minor slap to the sebs

I'm getting into the PL this year with hockey being away. Can't say I really have a favorite club, just following it like the NBA watching the big match ups. Not trying to rile you guys up, but Chelsea are the reigning champions of Europe and sit atop the Premier League. I'm not sure why this is a bad thing? If parity is celebrated within the rest of the sporting world, why is it that upstarts in soccer are constantly put down?

I understand the entire Terry saga, but can it really be any worse than trash talk in the NFL?

I'm getting into the PL this year with hockey being away. Can't say I really have a favorite club, just following it like the NBA watching the big match ups. Not trying to rile you guys up, but Chelsea are the reigning champions of Europe and sit atop the Premier League. I'm not sure why this is a bad thing? If parity is celebrated within the rest of the sporting world, why is it that upstarts in soccer are constantly put down?

I understand the entire Terry saga, but can it really be any worse than trash talk in the NFL?

Welcome! They are not really upstarts. They have a Billionaire owner who buys as many world-class players as he can get his hands on. But, they are very talented and will have a great year...unless UEFA actually enforces finical fair play