Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

If you want to sit behind the supporters sections, yes :)

Have you been to a game at RFK before?

I don't think there are any bad seats at RFK. If you sit in 335 or surrounding sections, be prepared to stand all game. Beer will fly in the air, there will be singing and drums. If you're cool with that then those are awesome seats.

Last DCU game I attended was back in 1996 or 1997. I imagine things have changed quite a bit since then based on what I see on TV. I have no problem standing all game, I am a nervous fan so sitting drives me bananas.

Last DCU game I attended was back in 1996 or 1997. I imagine things have changed quite a bit since then based on what I see on TV. I have no problem standing all game, I am a nervous fan so sitting drives me bananas.

Well you picked a good first game back :) 335 will put you right behind Barra Brava. I would definitely choose that over the other side of the stadium, unless you prefer the more family oriented atmosphere.

You should come tailgate with us before the game too! Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Well you picked a good first game back :) 335 will put you right behind Barra Brava. I would definitely choose that over the other side of the stadium, unless you prefer the more family oriented atmosphere.

You should come tailgate with us before the game too! Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Well, with the Skins tailgate the next morning, and leaving the wife at home with a 2 year old, not sure I could convince her to let me loose 3 hours earlier to tailgate on Sat as well. :ols:

Well, with the Skins tailgate the next morning, and leaving the wife at home with a 2 year old, not sure I could convince her to let me loose 3 hours earlier to tailgate on Sat as well. :ols:

Aww come on. At least come a little early!! Just tell her kick off is at 6:30 instead of 8 :silly:

Bring the kid! You can throw him/her up in the air instead of your beer when we score :)
No chance. She HAS to get a good nights sleep so I can enjoy Skins game. A 2 year old up until 11:30 a night before rolling out of Ashburn at 7:30? She would make my life miserable on Sunday! :ols:

So you guys never tailgate in a lot over there? Everything is done at a pub beforehand?

Pretty much. And there's often a better rocking atmosphere in their beforehand than the actual stadium the sanitized way grounds have gone since seats and the new, more middle-upper class of fan has been enticed to the game over the last two decades of the 'greed is good league', or EPL for short.

Different cultures. Different size of Country. You've not got stadiums in the middle of nowhere surrounded by large lots. Stadiums are traditionally within City's, in built up areas surrounded bu houses and everyday life. So bars around a stadium are natural pre, and post match meeting places to build upto the game before hand. And discuss what happened after.

European trips I guess would be as close to tailgating in American parlance as it get's. When impromptu street parties can often ensue when you set up in say some main square in some far flung land for the day and totally take over, draping the place in banners, liquid refreshments flowing, great food and song. Totally entertaining the locals in the process.

..... But then where would we put our grill???

Meh, that's what burger vans where invented for. Or convenience stalls within a stadium. Give me a good 3 or 4 hours of good beer, wine and song; and a burger or pie just prior/ at H/T and I'm good to go.

You guys are spoiled. This is soccer. Not a picnic in the park. :pfft:

Hail.

Pretty much. And there's often a better rocking atmosphere in their beforehand than the actual stadium the sanitized way grounds have gone since seats and the new, more middle-upper class of fan has been enticed to the game over the last two decades of the 'greed is good league', or EPL for short.

Different cultures. Different size of Country. You've not got stadiums in the middle of nowhere surrounded by large lots. Stadiums are traditionally within City's, in built up areas surrounded bu houses and everyday life. So bars around a stadium are natural pre, and post match meeting places to build upto the game before hand. And discuss what happened after.

European trips I guess would be as close to tailgating in American parlance as it get's. When impromptu street parties can often ensue when you set up in say some main square in some far flung land for the day and totally take over, draping the place in banners, liquid refreshments flowing, great food and song. Totally entertaining the locals in the process.

Meh, that's what burger vans where invented for. Or convenience stalls within a stadium. Give me a good 3 or 4 hours of good beer, wine and song; and a burger or pie just prior/ at H/T and I'm good to go.

You guys are spoiled. This is soccer. Not a picnic in the park. :pfft:

Hail.

Haha, well we went to a game at Red Bull Arena a couple years back and had to do the bar thing before bc they don't allow tailgating in craptastic Harrison, NJ. It was definitely a different atmosphere. If DCU ever gets a new stadium, tailgate lots will probably be out of the question, too, if we get a stadium in DC which I hope we will.

hey do you think we will really head into the stadium at 6? if people get there at 5 that only leaves an hour for boozin and eating. Doesn't the game start at 8?

I was planning on 7. Josh said it was really bad last game though. If it's going to be as crowded as I hope it is, then I don't mind going in early to get good seats. We're getting to Lot 8 as early as possible, just might not be until 4 or 5 bc bsf has to work tm :(

I was planning on 7. Josh said it was really bad last game though. If it's going to be as crowded as I hope it is, then I don't mind going in early to get good seats. We're getting to Lot 8 as early as possible, just might not be until 4 or 5 bc bsf has to work tm :(

Yea 7 works too. I can't believe it would be that packed getting in since we are sitting in the barra section and most of them wait until the last possible minute to go in. I'm sure an hour early we'll be okay but we'll see how crazy it gets. Maybe I'll try and sneak some beers in again lol

How long after bsf gets off will it take you guys to get to the stadium?

Edited by Skinz4Life12

Looking forward to tomorrow but first I have to hit patient first. My ear has been out of wack since last home game for some reason and it was getting better from some rubbing alcohol but now it's been all messed up again since getting hit on friday. I hope it's not like something that will make me wear ear plugs or something. Man this has been a rough week. :doh:

Yea 7 works too. I can't believe it would be that packed getting in since we are sitting in the barra section and most of them wait until the last possible minute to go in. I'm sure an hour early we'll be okay but we'll see how crazy it gets. Maybe I'll try and sneak some beers in again lol

How long after bsf gets off will it take you guys to get to the stadium?

Probably an hour.

Looking forward to tomorrow but first I have to hit patient first. My ear has been out of wack since last home game for some reason and it was getting better from some rubbing alcohol but now it's been all messed up again since getting hit on friday. I hope it's not like something that will make me wear ear plugs or something. Man this has been a rough week. :doh:

Just don't stand in front of the drummers :)

http://www.aljazeera.com/sport/football/2012/11/2012112175513784768.html

Zimbabwe axes national football team

Zimbabwe has dissolved the national football team for failing to qualify for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations as a major match-fixing scandal still overshadows their performance, an official said Friday.

"The team has been discarded in its entirety," Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA) president Cuthbert Dube told a news conference in the capital Harare.

Zimbabwe lost 0-2 to Angola in the last qualifying game for the continental tournament after they had carried a 3-1 lead in the first leg, and failed to qualify on away goals.

Probably an hour.

Just don't stand in front of the drummers :)

Finally good news. My ear was just swollen for some reason. She said some fluid ended up behind the ear drum(kind of like swimmer's ear but you can't get with the liquid stuff). She told me to take a zrytec a day for a few weeks and I'd be fine. I asked about the game she said the noise wouldn't affect it and the fact that I've consistently gone to loud sporting events basically proves that the noise isn't what messed them up. Makes sense. I go to loud events all the time between VCU games, DCU games, Nascar races, etc and I never had hearing issues before.

Finally good news. My ear was just swollen for some reason. She said some fluid ended up behind the ear drum(kind of like swimmer's ear but you can't get with the liquid stuff). She told me to take a zrytec a day for a few weeks and I'd be fine. I asked about the game she said the noise wouldn't affect it and the fact that I've consistently gone to loud sporting events basically proves that the noise isn't what messed them up. Makes sense. I go to loud events all the time between VCU games, DCU games, Nascar races, etc and I never had hearing issues before.

Nice! Better see you guys tomorrow then! Just look for my car (the Cobalt) somewhere along the river. We will be there starting 330.

Big Arsenal - Man U game today at 8:30 EST

Good luck Arsenal. Although that's said more in hope than expectation.

Good luck DCU later. Build at least a two goal lead to take to NY next week. Do away goals cont in MLS playoffs?

Hail.

*Edit* Obviously they count, lol. But they count double if the both games are tied on aggregate?

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven