Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I don't know how realistic this is, but I would love to see Aston Villa be relegated to the Championship Division and hope that we could make a move to buy Guzan from them and shore up our keeper issues. 

Wait, what? The only outcome of that move would be Villa shoring up THEIR keeper issues.

I'd be happy if we went after guys like Baird Leno or Stephane Ruffier. Feasible signings IMO, and would be steps up in club size for both players.

But, as we know, we'll get neither and probably stick with Woj so he can "continue to develop".

What gives me pause on Butland, and I've been as vocal as yourself in pushing his potential on these here pages; is he's not pushed Begovic. At all. He's lucky to get a league cup game. 

One would think Stoke would be happy to cash in on Begovic if Butland was good enough to step up. 

Makes one wonder just what he's not showing in training and limited action. 

Hail.

I have a friend who is a big Stoke fan. He tells me the word there is the club still see Butland as their long term number one and expect Begovic to move on. I hear you though, I expected Butland to be playing by now after Stoke paid what they did for him. I watched him in a couple of cup games and he looked good.

If your looking for a young keeper with real potential he's still the one I would look at - but he's far from a sure thing or a clear upgrade on a keeper like Mingolet.

Someone mentioned Forster. Not for me. Good keeper, massive guy but for all that size he does not command his box and is not great at coming and dealing with balls into his box. He also has been getting beaten from outside his box. There have been some decent strikes but I always hated conceding from outside the box.

Welcome back, BPL.

Come on Palace!

Nice to wake to a Palace win. **** that gob****e Allardyce!

And as I type, the woefully pathetic Sunderland are dominating Utd. (Who we know to be equally as woeful if people would look beyond the name. Which is all they are now.).

All we need now ia a Sunderland winner to heap even more pressure on Van Gaal.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I have a friend who is a big Stoke fan. He tells me the word there is the club still see Butland as their long term number one and expect Begovic to move on. I hear you though, I expected Butland to be playing by now after Stoke paid what they did for him. I watched him in a couple of cup games and he looked good.

If your looking for a young keeper with real potential he's still the one I would look at - but he's far from a sure thing or a clear upgrade on a keeper like Mingolet.

Someone mentioned Forster. Not for me. Good keeper, massive guy but for all that size he does not command his box and is not great at coming and dealing with balls into his box. He also has been getting beaten from outside his box. There have been some decent strikes but I always hated conceding from outside the box.

Isn't Forester still very young? It took De Gea 2 years to get comfortable in his box. I honestly don't watch a lot of Southampton games (due to limited availability) so I don't see how he plays...I just see his stats, and they are very good.

Nice to wake to a Palace win. **** that gob****e Allardyce!

And as I type, the woefully pathetic Sunderland are dominating Utd. (Who we know to be equally as woeful if people would look beyond the name. Which is all they are now.).

All we need now ia a Sunderland winner to heap even more pressure on Van Gaal.

Hail.

At least Di Maria came off at the half.  :lol:

Isn't Forester still very young? It took De Gea 2 years to get comfortable in his box. I honestly don't watch a lot of Southampton games (due to limited availability) so I don't see how he plays...I just see his stats, and they are very good.

Forster's 27 in less than 3 weeks.

Whilst relatively young for a 'keeper, he's been an established first team regular the past 6 years so it's not like he's still developing. 

I bracket him, as regards a club of our stature, as a very competent back-up who you wouldn't ideally want as the first choice. Like Mingolet should be. (And was at Sunderland until a long term injury to Gordon let him in. which made Rodgers splashing £ 10 million on him all the more bizarre as he's done nothing to speak of or shown much of anything at Sunderland.). He fits well at a club like Southampton. (and the way Koeman has had them set up this year the protection in front of him deserves as much if not more credit than the 'keeper for the clean sheets from the games I've seen of theirs.). 

But he's far from the calibre of player clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool should be looking at. 

At least Di Maria came off at the half.  :lol:

They where going nowhere until the penalty and mistaken identity sending off. All the possession with no end product. 

If Arsenal don't win there a week Monday they don't deserve to retain the Cup. 

Hail. 

I'll say it again, if the rumours about Madrid paying £ 50 million are true I'm snapping their hamds off, going with Ibe and buying a top class winger ro replace Sterling.

He's really over hyped for mel.

No chance of getting 50m for Sterling IMO. That's would amaze me.

Out of interest, at what point does his fee rise to £5mil as per the terms from when you bought him?

No chance of getting 50m for Sterling IMO. That's would amaze me.

Out of interest, at what point does his fee rise to £5mil as per the terms from when you bought him?

The reported appearance clause? Conflicting reports there. A lot of reports have it raising to £ 5 million based on appearances. I'm lead to believe the only increase on the initial fee was after he was capped by England and considerably less than £ 5 mil. But there's never been anything official from either club so make of it what you will. 

Strong reports from both England and Spain had Madrid offering £ 50 million this past January. Another reason the club are so keen to tie him down, not roll into the last year of his current contract next season; and safeguard their investment in the kid that would walk for nothing in 2016/ 17.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Freaking Southhampton.  Can't seem to score in a whore house these days.

You damn Reds BETTER win tomorrow and make sure to pip United for 4th.

I HATE games like tomorrow. 

Naturally, I want nothing other than a win. But the flip side to that is it hands the title initiative right back to Chelsea.  :(

If United somehow spawn a top 4 finish, whomever from Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham et all to miss out should be thoroughly ashamed as this is a rank bad Utd outfit. 

We host Utd the 22nd then travel to Arsenal the following game. Defining moments. 

Still dreaming of going to Chelsea May 9 and pissing all over their title march but a long way to go before then. 

Hail. 

lallana got better as the half went on for me. markovic has been disappointing today, and the back 3 continues to look shakey. lovren just looks nervy out there.

we had more chances, but city had more control. you just can't ever fall asleep on either team.

that looked onside to me. the falling city defended looked to keep lallana on...

Skrtel was just off on the initial kick.

But the first goal that was called off Lallana was level at worst.