Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

4 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Wake up this morning to the news of an eden hazard fractured ankle, with possible ligament damage.  Could sideline him for 3 months, making him probably not fully match fit for 4 months...well into the season.  Dagger for the defending champs.  Hopefully that means we will step up our summer bidding..what was going to be a luxury now becomes a necessity.  We should put 100% of our effort into getting Sanchez.  

Chelsea going to need a quality signing up front. Need extra attacking edge next season. 

12 hours ago, YoungTheShow1984 said:

Word out of China is that Cheick Tiote collapsed and passed away during training. So sad only 30 years old. As a Newcastle supporter he will always be remembered for that volley to level it at 4 against Arsenal. R.I.P.

Edit: Looks like it's true ?

Shocking and tragic news to come home to. 

Overshadows everything today. 

Terribly young age to die. 

God rest. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

29 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Chelsea going to need a quality signing up front. Need extra attacking edge next season. 

Yes for sure.  I just wish we would conduct our business early like city and liverpool are doing, rather than waiting trying to identify the "perfect" prospect.  I'm sure Conte has his targets but we will see if those jive with what/who the board wants.  

However, the window isn't even open yet, so I can't complain much.  

9 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Yes for sure.  I just wish we would conduct our business early like city and liverpool are doing, rather than waiting trying to identify the "perfect" prospect.  I'm sure Conte has his targets but we will see if those jive with what/who the board wants.  

However, the window isn't even open yet, so I can't complain much.  

You wouldn't want your team to conduct business like City. Pep's looking desperate to me. He's probably getting his men, I'd suggest at a 50% premium mark-up though.

• Like 2

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

You wouldn't want your team to conduct business like City. Pep's looking desperate to me. He's probably getting his men, I'd suggest at a 50% premium mark-up though.

True.  And I'm not into revisionist history here.  Abramovich is pretty much single handedly responsible for Financial Fair Play.  But even HE curtailed his spending because it's just not a sustainable way to run a club.  If City keep it up they'll be playing a formation with 8 attackers and a wage bill at half a billion.  

They are certainly paying a premium for players.  $40m for a goalkeeper is absurd money.  

• Like 2

On 5 June 2017 at 7:49 PM, SkinssRvA said:

They are certainly paying a premium for players. 

They are, although I now kinda get the feeling prices may now escalate quickly heading into the transfer period. Going to be interesting watching how the top 6 teams approach the window, and will be interesting to see which of the teams can get the better players on board. 

I don't see a 90+ points league winner next season, the bunch will be closer IMO. Couple of major signings will be key at this stage.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40194862

Liverpool apologise to Southampton and end their interest in Van Dijk. 

Not it sure if that's the end of that story of not. That's how it is being reported. Major blow for Klopp.

Statement in full:

"Liverpool Football Club would like to put on record our regret over recent media speculation regarding Southampton Football Club and player transfers between the two clubs.

"We apologise to the owner, board of directors and fans of Southampton for any misunderstanding regarding Virgil van Dijk.

"We respect Southampton's position and can confirm we have ended any interest in the player."

Edited by UK SKINS FAN '74

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Man, Liverpool cant stop illegally contacting players of other teams.

Yeah, joking aside, there's not a deal out there that doesn't involve illegal tapping up of players under contract. It's how transfers get done. And always has. It used to be managers meeting players in motorway service stations. Now it's up a level. And there's not a deal out there that doesn't get leaked before it's done. Every club does it. You just hope not to get caught on the archaic rules and avoid the embarrassment of getting the player you want regardless. 

What makes this so stunning is not just the apology, which is 'WOW!' enough. But the fact L'pool have ended all interest. That's unprecedented. Whatever Southampton have on us must be massive. FSG are at their lowest ebb in fan relations verging into Hicks and Gillete territory. The very LAST thing they needed was something like this. Yet they're willing to swallow a hugely embarrassing, MASSIVE PR disaster rather than either be held to ransom to pay some ridiculous figure van Dijk isn't worth to make this go away or risk a punishment presumably along the lines of a full transfer ban.  

I don't know what the F Southampton have on L'pool but it must be some serious **** for this shocker to come around. 

A monumental cluster**** by L'pool. 

Hail. 

• Like 3

Very strange considering the recent history of transfers between the two teams. I think Liverpool were priced out and have covered their arse to a degree regarding what the illegal approach. No need for trouble and bad blood if the signing isn't going to happen.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN '74

13 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

It reminds me a bit of illegal tampering stuff in the NFL, teams rarely called out on it.

Same with football. There's rarely a legit, above board deal. There's always some wrong doing somewhere along the line. Clandestine talks along the way unsettling a player and tempting him with better elsewhere.  It's sadly how transfers get done. Lukaku announcing he's agreed terms with another club the past couple of days. Whilst he's still under contract at Everton and they've had no approach from anyone. Every club is guilty. You just hope to not get caught. 

But for something as completely unprecedented as this, suggests Southampton must have some serious **** on Liverpool. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I think southampton just got tired of liverpool taking all their best players and decided to draw the line with VVD.  I don't see how any of these agreements can be made prior to contracts expiring and the transfer window opens...this stuff has to literally happen all the time.  

They can talk to the evil empire, they're ready to dump €220 mil on the market, and they're looking for DBs.:ols:

I'm wondering when Arsène will sign Lacazette ? :silly:

Edited by FrFan

Congratulations England. First, the Euro U-17's final they should have won. Now, their first ever U-20 World Cup final Sunday against Venezuela after today's 3-1 comeback over Italy.  Quite the summer for the young Lions.  

Gonna' be real fun watching Solanke's continued development with the rest of the current crop and what's behind them. Wouldn't expect him involved first team match day squad until he adapts and learns the intricacies of what's expected in Klopp's system. But if he works hard and continues developing the 23's he'll get his shot soon enough. Couldn't be at a better club to afford him the chance. More fool Chelsea. 

Hail. 

• Like 1