Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Winning with real is like a clueless person using them in career mode on FIFA and then spending all the money to reload soon as they start to lose a game.

Pretty much goes for Utd, Munich, Barcelona. Most the mega money clubs in their league. 

Hail. 

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Pretty much goes for Utd, Munich, Barcelona. Most the mega money clubs in their league. 

Hail. 

But those clubs don't spend crazy money stock piling WC on the bench. You literally have CL team on the bench at Real rotting.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

But those clubs don't spend crazy money stock piling WC on the bench. You literally have CL team on the bench at Real.

Utd had the most expensively assembled squad in history going into this season with the highest wage bill in all of football. 

No doubt Madrid are only interested in superstars. But they are far from alone in the stupid money stakes. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Most expensive at the time in the World. 'History' would need checking. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

18 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I hear yer but you've still got to motivate them to keep on going out and performing/ working hard year after year. That's great man management in itself even if they are all superstars. 

Hail. 

True.  But I wonder how much motivation people like Ronaldo, Ramos, Marcelo etc need being that they are world class, best at their position type athletes.  You don't get there without hard work.  Add in Ronaldo's narcissism and him wanting...nay...needing to score more goals than the other team combined all by himself...and well he's the last person I would worry about as far as motivation.

but your point stands, there is a management aspect, especially given that their entire bench is made up of superstars.  They can't all be happy. 

Blood samples in a Barcelona freezer could spark biggest ever doping scandal as Operation Puerto resurfaces

"If implicated, football clearly carries the potential for a major scandal. Jesus Manzano, the former cyclist whose 2004 interview with the Spanish newspaper AS blew the whistle on Fuentes, said he often saw “well-known” footballers waiting to see the doctor when he went for his red blood cell top-ups, while plenty of clubs are alleged to have worked with him. In 2013, Fuentes even ­issued, via his lawyers, a series of questions he might be prepared to answer. One of the questions was: “How I prepared a team to play in the Champions League”. "

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

As Salah is all but done and announced, gotta' say I'm super excited about this one the more I think on it. His stats are crazy mad enough. I mean if he just replicated what he did last year in being involved in a third of Roma's record goals tally in Serie A (15 goals/ 13 assists from 31 games) by scoring 1 in 2 from out wide that would be awesome enough to go alongside Sadio's output. But Sadio has taken his game on another level at ours and if Salah keeps on improving further ..... 

But the real thing exciting me is the pace. He's RAPID. Again, to go along with Sadio, who's RAPID. And rapid pace KILLS. The prospect of Phil picking his poison from deep with those two wide, Firmino moving all over in between, and Lallana being another stellar option to hit leaves you drooling. You don't need a 20 plus goal a season striker when you're getting that output from 3 or 4 players. And one would think he has a point to prove after his last experience in England being the only real down season in a career that's consistently double-figure goals from the wing. 

And then you throw in what previous managers have had to say about him: 

Jose Mourinho : “We had to go for a young player, for a left-footed player and for a fast player – especially who is fast in the space because most of my attacking players are fast and fast with the ball.

“I like the fact that he can play the same way as our attacking players do, which is players with adaptability to play right, left or behind the striker in the model we have with normally — one striker and three behind the striker.

“He’s young like our players in that area. He’s fast, creative, enthusiastic. When we analyse him he looks the kind of humble personality on the pitch, ready to work for the team and adapt to a new life.

“Salah is a kind of player that looks for the space and tries to get behind people so we think he was a good choice.”

Hector Cuper: (The Egyptian manager): “I like players who are similar to Salah, the type of players who always puts the team first. I can’t ask him for more than what he is already providing for the team. He is a talented, modest and responsible player.”

Luciano Spalletti (His manager at Roma): Salah is an exceptional player. He is the best player I’ve coached in my career.

Vincenzo Montella
 (His manager at Fiorentina): “Who did better out of the Cuadrado exchange? Fiorentina earned a lot of money and, on the pitch, they are similar players. Salah is a player that, even if he takes some breaks, is devastating over 40 or 50 yards.

“I think he can play any position in attack. He attacks the space well and is very good at getting straight into the groove of a game when coming off the bench.”

Yeah, what Klopp could do with someone like that again after Sadio .....

We made, Kante at Chelsea aside, arguably the best signing of last summer in Mané. Who has well outplayed his £30 million fee. His importance to his team is immeasurabal as was shown when he was missing through the AFCON and then the last 12 games the year injured. We've nobody else like him. But Salah gives you a replica. And £35 million, for someone who is as rapid as Mané, if not faster; who backs it up with goals and assists aplenty, we may just be on the verge of bagging the steal of the summer again in today's absolutely crazy mad market.

If we fill arguably our two biggest areas of need with Salah and van Dijk ......

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If we fill arguably our two biggest areas of need with Salah and van Dijk ......

Hail. 

I like it too... getting greedy, I'd still like:  van Dijk, Lacazette, a LB (Mendy?), and a midfielder. Will also likely need some depth at fullback. Would love for Liverpool to be a legit force in the market for developed world class players.  I like that the front office likes to buy young and develop, but it isn't a completely zero sum game.  The Reds can do both and be building a bright future while competing for hardware in the near term. 

• Like 2

Wow! Refs get involved again. Second yellow given to Brit midfielder for stepping on the foot of Mexico defender sticking his foot in to try a tackle. Onondaga making a run and foot comes down in course of play a millisecond after defender sticks it in, absolutely no intent. Second game in a row Mexico gets to finish a tight match against a depleted side.

• Like 1

Wake up this morning to the news of an eden hazard fractured ankle, with possible ligament damage.  Could sideline him for 3 months, making him probably not fully match fit for 4 months...well into the season.  Dagger for the defending champs.  Hopefully that means we will step up our summer bidding..what was going to be a luxury now becomes a necessity.  We should put 100% of our effort into getting Sanchez.  

According to Marca, 34 years old Pepe will join PSG ! Another brazilian/portuguese DB, they'll never get it :ols:

26 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

Any truth to the rumor that Van Dijk to Liverpool is a done deal?

This is what I found fwiw

• Like 1