Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Very strange from Auba who is on record as saying his dream is to play for real madrid.  A step down in competition but I think P$G unfortunately have a better chance of advancing deeper in the CL with all the money they throw at bringing players in.  

45 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Expected better from him. It's why I'm curious to see decisions like Sanchez. Take a major check at Arsenal or join a real contender in Bayern. Wenger won't sell to a EPL team.

Unfortunately for Wenger, his management team has a one track mind when it comes to deals: make as much money as possible.  If Chelsea or City come at them with more money than Bayern, I'd bet he'd stay in England.  My guess is City comes in with an offer that would be hard for anyone to refuse, let alone Kroenke.  

My pipe dream is that Abromovich is actually the one who makes an offer too good to refuse.  

Edited by SkinssRvA

2 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Very strange from Auba who is on record as saying his dream is to play for real madrid.  A step down in competition but I think P$G unfortunately have a better chance of advancing deeper in the CL with all the money they throw at bringing players in.  

I believe as long as they'll try to build a defense with Brazilians (some of them being cry babies) they'll  keep on failing.

Gimme some Germans and Italians instead. :)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Had a golf date this am, but DVR'd the game, and just finished watching.

Loved what I saw from Solanke. Very smooth, very smart player up top, showed great quality in the air and on the ground. Just missed a chance when a deflection fell to him in the box. Showed no hesitation on a quick turn and strike that missed top corner by inches. Kid has all the tools, but most impressed by his decision making. Quick movement of the ball, rarely a wrong touch. Also has a bit of size, and was quite deft in the air flicking balls on, and on the ground, taking balls strong and holding it to set the attack. £3 million well spent you ask me.

No Ojo or Ejaria. England defense needs to firm up if they hope to advance, but their attack is boss.  Lookman is the real deal.

BTW, erstwhile transfer rumorling, Quincy Promes nets for the Netherlands in their friendly with Morocco.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Unfortunately for Wenger, his management team has a one track mind when it comes to deals: make as much money as possible.  If Chelsea or City come at them with more money than Bayern, I'd bet he'd stay in England.  My guess is City comes in with an offer that would be hard for anyone to refuse, let alone Kroenke.  

My pipe dream is that Abromovich is actually the one who makes an offer too good to refuse.  

In my opinion City will the domino that ruins world football. Rumor they are spending 300 mil this summer after like a 100 mil last. The transfer fees and wages are going to be disgusting down the road  for everyone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Had a golf date this am, but DVR'd the game, and just finished watching.

Loved what I saw from Solanke. Very smooth, very smart player up top, showed great quality in the air and on the ground. Just missed a chance when a deflection fell to him in the box. Showed no hesitation on a quick turn and strike that missed top corner by inches. Kid has all the tools, but most impressed by his decision making. Quick movement of the ball, rarely a wrong touch. Also has a bit of size, and was quite deft in the air flicking balls on, and on the ground, taking balls strong and holding it to set the attack. £3 million well spent you ask me.

No Ojo or Ejaria. England defense needs to firm up if they hope to advance, but their attack is boss.  Lookman is the real deal.

BTW, erstwhile transfer rumorling, Quincy Promes nets for the Netherlands in their friendly with Morocco.

Give that man a raise! 

Same time, same place next Monday Sir! AT this rate you'll be owning the paper by the end of the summer! 

Goos job! And good luck the US tomorrow! 

Oh yay. Another summer of Utd/ Madrid B/S. 

Let the games begin. Again. Sighs. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Bet Navas is well chuffed. 

3 days before the European Cup Final and they're offering World record sums to replace him. 

Great club that Real Madrid! CLASSLESS ****S!

Hail. 

Sadly that's the game soon. No loyalty. Just all money. I know Bayern can spend big (4th richiest club) but I hate that's all it's about. I want players coming because it's a place they want to be. Like Thiago saying he loves Bavaria and he couldn't imagine leaving without winning the CL for the fans.

2 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:
 ..... C'mon, you can lie better than that.

Lol. 

Welcome home Peter lad. Really like what I hear from him watching his first day interviews. 

MASSIVE upgrade already by virtue of not being called Ayre. 

So long as you do the polar opposite of that cretin and actually respect and have dialogue with the fanbase, you'll get our full support.

Second highly touted Scandinavian I'd forgotten all about being agreed a year back now signed as he's turned 16:

Blonde, 6' plus two-footed centre-half from Finland. 

If he develops to be even a quarter as good as the last blonde, 6' plus two-footed centre-half from Finland nobody had heard of for the Reds then he'll have a heck of a career.

We'll call this week of the 'window' Academy signing week. 4 and counting.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

New Zealand sucks.

Venezuela does not.

Undoubtedly, but 6-0 in the knockout stage is still an accomplishment. 

What is promising is the talent level of some of these kids on the U20 squad. Sargent, who just turned 17 three months ago, is a true #9 who plays well beyond his years. De la Torre is another with great technical ability, who has a real feel for the game. Reminds me a little of Coutinho.

Really hope Sargent goes to Europe to take his game to the next level, I think he has world class talent. Like Pulisic, another US kid whose mom and dad both played soccer in college. It's taken some time, but the US is starting to breed soccer players.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

@FrFan

Chelsea is linked with two CMs in France.  One I know a bit about, Bakayoko.  Defensive, but a power dribbler with a bit of technical skill too...not much a goal threat though.  But this Tolliso fella is new to me.  What's your take on these two, any insight?  

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

@FrFan

Chelsea is linked with two CMs in France.  One I know a bit about, Bakayoko.  Defensive, but a power dribbler with a bit of technical skill too...not much a goal threat though.  But this Tolliso fella is new to me.  What's your take on these two, any insight?  

Tolliso was a locker room cancer back in 2015, he had a fight with a teammate. Former captain of the U21 he also had harsh words for a teammate.

I wouldn't touch him with a ten feet pole, I'm biased, I favor the character you know. Maybe Conte and the Premier league can disciplined him.

He apologized for that.

He's got talent, he can play defensive middfielder or wing back. Can be a bust or if disciplined a Lampard type of player.

Bakayoko had a good year with Monaco, latest rumors from yesterday saying the trade negotiations would be thwarted, too many people being involved.

Tolisso being option 2 for Chelsea according to rumors.

Bakayoko is also talented but he's inconsistent. See the first leg vs Juventus, he's got a personal responsability on both goals. He can be a Kondogbia 2.0 !

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Just now, SkinssRvA said:

@FrFan well now I don't want either of them :rofl89:

truthfully the one I really wanted but we were never linked with was silva who just went to Man City.  And Mendy.  Always Mendy.  

It seems that Arsène is on the verge of blowing a gasket on the market, he wants Mbappé and Lemar !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkinssRvA said:

I saw RM and City had 100m + offers publicly rejected by Monaco for Mbappe.  And after, in waltzes Arsene with an 87m bid....promptly rejected.  

^^If that isn't classic Arsenal I don't know what is :ols:

To be fair, I'd imagine the Arsenal lower offer has far more cash up front than the bigger, instalment's offers. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Getting closer: 

Hail. 

I'm curious as to what you think his role will be?  Hes not displacing mane on the right.  Are you expecting him on the left?  Paying that much money for a reserve is worrying. 

Granted, I didn't read the article but I've seen the rumors. I wonder if he could pull a Moses and be a rwb if you want to play 3 atb? 

4 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

I'm curious as to what you think his role will be?  Hes not displacing mane on the right.  Are you expecting him on the left?  Paying that much money for a reserve is worrying. 

Granted, I didn't read the article but I've seen the rumors. I wonder if he could pull a Moses and be a rwb if you want to play 3 atb? 

Options. Can never have enough quality options to rotate and tactically change game-on-game. He could play anywhere across the front three.  When we play a three. But it's the prospect of him one side, Sadio the other, and Firmino the middle with Phil deeper having that ahead of him, along with Lallana ..... Yeah, enjoy trying to defend that. 

His pace is ridiculous. The stats are mad enough the last few years. But that rapid pace along with Mané's flat out kills. 

Hail.