Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Not watching but 1-1 to a team 3 leagues down is a fireable offense. The club needs to OVERPAY to get someone in with gravitas. Now. If FSG doesn't, and soon, they are going to massively erode the fan base.

I would clean house- the ****ing transfer committee well included. The club needs an a total overhaul, akin to McCloughan (butchered that) coming to the skins and changing the culture. No sacred calves- everyone needs to produce or be gone.

****ing disappointing.

They want to sell.

I'm not sure that they're interested in hiring another manager or "wasting" money on Rodgers salary.

They have eroded the brand.  When FSG bought the club, LFC were the 5th rated club in Europe.... now we are 55th.

Andy Kelly @AndyK_LivNews 2m2 minutes ago

So what do we make of no Brendan Rodgers at #LFC press conference? Of major significance or just one to miss to avoid the tough questions?

This is hilarious... this is a straight jab at his face

Andy Kelly @AndyK_LivNews 1m1 minute ago

Curle; we concede goals for fun in the league but we come to Anfield and only let one in. #LFC

And 1-1...

Just ****ing win Carlisle... just ****ing win it.

Oh lil' bro' ...... it's like we're telepathically connected ...... 

We where there tonight just laughing the longer that abysmal disgrace rolled saying the same and fair willing Carlisle to win. 

That was worse than Northampton. That's the worst I've ever seen. We had first team regulars out there against a mid table fourth division side and we had nothing. Just WHAT did we create over 120 minutes? 

The ONLY saving grace from tonight is Bournemouth is at home  and not a biatch of a long midweek trip. Although I don't know if I can stomach even another home game like that. 

Please Boston. Put him and us out of our misery. PLEASE. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

47 shots we had last night against a team that had conceded the most goals in all four English leagues. and we scored ONE goal. We've only scored more than ONCE in a game TWICE the last 21 matches. 

And of those 47 shots, we never once looked like scoring. All long range hit and hopes and half chances. The only good, footballing goal of the night was Carlisle's that cut right through us. 

Slept on it and still feel completely lifeless. Honestly never felt this bad under Hodgson. Rodgers is a stubborn, clueless bellend. He constantly plays ****ed up formations (1 up front at home against a ****ing mid table Fourth Division side. SERIOUSLY!?), players out of position; and the players he now has just follow like good little sheep. 

It's a well know fact he doesn't like confrontation. Hence we no longer have the likes of Carragher and Gerrard. There is absolutely NO leaders on the park. Nobody with the balls to stand upto him, say this is ****ing wank, and grab a game by the balls and organise the other idiots around them. He's made ****ing Jordan Henderson captain FFS who couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag. But he'll meekly run all day and do everything Brendan wants. We now have the softest bunch of players I can honestly remember. A bunch of gutless pricks in red shirts who won't stand up and be counted. And he's built this. 

I honestly thought we'd be at the least exciting and good to watch going forward again this year. But the lack of ANY goal threat is terrifying. And Sturridge being back isn't an answer to that. There's just NO creativity, pace or direction to our attacks. It was bad enough to go through two straight summers completely neglecting the most vulnerable area of the side with the Belgium knob still in goal who's a back-up quality goalkeeper at best. That was sackable in itself for complete stupidity. But now from back to front we look a complete and utter shambles. You wonder if they even train through the week. There's just absolutely nottin'. No shape. No structure. No passion. Nothing. And he spent last night slumped in his chair with absolutely no concept of how to change things or motivate them. 

FSG HAVE to act. This is as bad as anyone can EVER remember it. All every game does is delays the inevitable. West Ham was the worst I've ever seen at home. Norwich was little better if truth be told and last night took things to a whole new low. Three utterly shameful home performances on the bounce. With Villa and Sion likely to make it 4 and 5 the next week. The boos the end of Norwich were audible. The boos at full time and the end of extra time last night were MASSIVE. This CAN'T go on. 

What are they waiting for? A hammering at Goodison? With Klopp and more so Ancelotti sat there, they need to stop gambling on this clueless prick and act NOW! By common consensus down to all of the above and more, everyone that actually goes the match agrees they've never seen things as bad they currently are. Which after you've lived through Suness and in particular Hodgson is saying something. 

Keeping delaying the inevitable is liable to lose both and lurch the club into another disaster. 

At least after the joke in Bordeaux last week (who got beat 6-1 by Nice last night) we could go on the wine. Last night we never even had that. 

Just **** off ow Brendan. Please. Thanks for one roller coaster season but outside of that it's been pretty much utter ****e. Enough is ENOUGH!

Hail. 

• Like 1

What do you think of Tottenham?

What do you think of ****?

Tottenham

Matthieu Flaminiiiiiiiiiiiiii

The less said about those 'supporting him' the better .....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3246829/Arsenal-fans-rampage-tearing-Tottenham-hoardings-following-Capital-One-Cup-victory-White-Hart-Lane.html

Complete and utter retards. Not only endangering their own below them. But doing it on camera. 

Hope they get life bans, 

Hail. 

47 shots we had last night against a team that had conceded the most goals in all four English leagues. and we scored ONE goal. We've only scored more than ONCE in a game TWICE the last 21 matches.

This is WHY last year, right after the second Real game... and then the following week in the EPL, I was 100% sure it was Rodgers.

Because we looked EXACTLY the same vs Real Madrid as we did again Villa or QPR or whomever it was.  How is that even possible?

Exactly the same.

• Like 1

This is WHY last year, right after the second Real game... and then the following week in the EPL, I was 100% sure it was Rodgers.

Because we looked EXACTLY the same vs Real Madrid as we did again Villa or QPR or whomever it was. How is that even possible?

Exactly the same.

It can't continue man. It just can't.

All it does is delay the inevitable. Why wait to get a battering the Derby? If even that stirred them. The season will be done before the clocks go back with this clueless, stubborn knob.

It's just delaying the inevitable and that's a pointless, asinine and dangerous game in itself.

I don't know who takes over but this CAN'T continue.

Hail.

It can't continue man. It just can't.

All it does is delay the inevitable. Why wait to get a battering the Derby? If even that stirred them. The season will be done before the clocks go back with this clueless, stubborn knob.

It's just delaying the inevitable and that's a pointless, asinine and dangerous game in itself.

I don't know who takes over but this CAN'T continue.

Hail.

It is 100% confirmed that Jurgen Klopp will be at Anfield this weekend. 

That is hilarious... it's almost like he's throwing the **** at John W. Henry, but Linda's like.... "No, John... we're married".

I've NEVER seen ANYTHING like this in ANY sport.

It is a legit soap opera and everyone knows the ending.  It's like... you KNOW he's getting sacked, but when will it happen?  And his ****ing replacement is now to start attending matches???

I, for one, think Liverpool have great owners. They should stick to the road they have chosen. You cant have success if you constantly change managers. The Steelers stuck it out with Cowher for years before he won a Super Bowl.

Oh I'd certainly have the same opinion if I supported another team in the league, let alone the same city.

• Like 1

Klopps going to be at Anfield Sat'day?

Hail.

Yes.

But apparently there are rumblings now that Rodgers will be sacked tomorrow and Carlo will be named his replacement.

Two different media sources are saying this.

One of them is Graham Beecroft.  Not sure what to make of him, I'll rely on you for that.

Honestly Fenway is probably more concerned with the ****ty signings of Sandoval and Hanley at the moment

The main cash cow is a few years away from not sucking

You're 100% right.  They could not care less and they are out of the business of caring.

I'll still not believe Rodgers is out until he is out.

They really **** the bed this summer, but keeping Rodgers and essentially allowing him 15 mil to spend is a way of saving money.  They are putting a lot into the new stadium and want to turn a profit. 

That kind of makes me believe the Carlo rumor, cause he's a big name.  Probably not the best manager for the club, but a manager who has time at a big club and knows how to handle it.  That's a positive step.

I, for one, think Liverpool have great owners. They should stick to the road they have chosen. You cant have success if you constantly change managers. The Steelers stuck it out with Cowher for years before he won a Super Bowl.

I've no doubt you do. This situation must be Heaven sent for Evertonians. 

You know before the game last night, between 11 friends in the pub, a cross section of ages, someone asked a simple question that if you could guarantee Rodgers would be sacked and whomever you wanted take over, would you take a defeat in the Derby? And the majority answer was we would. The only one's struggling were conflicted by losing to them. 

For 11 born and bred Liverpudlians who've been through the highest of highs and lowest of lows with this club to even contemplate losing to Everton and having to endure their ****e until the next time we play them on a daily basis says it all about just how bad the situation is and how low everyones spirits are.

Hail. 

• Like 2

One of them is Graham Beecroft.  Not sure what to make of him, I'll rely on you for that.

Don't honestly know how reliable he is or not lid. He's a blue (local I believe) who works for a National spires radio Station as well as independently doing stuff. Covers local matters for them. Read the piece. 

Why wouldn't you favour Ancelotti? Personally want him even more than Klopp. He ticks every managerial box for me (he's one of the 2 or 3 best coaches currently in World football IMHO) who is also as humble and dignified as they come in the LFC tradition. Old school like Bob and Joe who always speaks in awe on us. Often unprompted. 

And if the players couldn't respect and respond to that man, or future players want to come and play for him; then they don't deserve to be here to start with. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Joyce and Barrett, just about the two most reliable, are giving nothing away amid all the mad rumours. 

• Like 1

Don't honestly know how reliable he is or not lid. He's a blue (local I believe) who works for a National spires radio Station as well as independently doing stuff. Covers local matters for them. Read the piece. 

Why wouldn't you favour Ancelotti? Personally want him even more than Klopp. He ticks every managerial box for me (he's one of the 2 or 3 best coaches currently in World football IMHO) who is also as humble and dignified as they come in the LFC tradition. Old school like Bob and Joe who always speaks in awe on us. Often unprompted. 

And if the players couldn't respect and respond to that man, or future players want to come and play for him; then they don't deserve to be here to start with. 

That's fair enough.  I agree he is a class manager, but I think going forward Klopp's way of business is next level.  Spaces and areas of the pitch instead of formations, etc.  Geo-football is really interesting stuff.  I'm also not sure how good or bad he is, but if he does that well with Borussia Dortmund and their constant fight with Bayern over players... man.  Te salud!  I also like his hunger and enthusiasum.  Not saying Carlo doesn't have it, but how much of Carlo's heart is still in it at this point?  I don't know.  He's also done his bid with very good players.

But if I'm Boston and I want to sell... a talented young squad, a legendary manager (vice and up and comer like Klopp) and a newly expanded ground are three things that make me money.

• Like 1

Im hopeful they hang on with Rogers. But if not, please dont be Klopp...

Guessing it won't be:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11660/10004108/jurgen-klopp-interested-in-working-in-premier-league-according-to-sky-sources

It is also understood that the former Borussia Dortmund manager would cut short his sabbatical for the right job.

At this point, the German has had no interest or contact from Liverpool. <rest at link>

My guess is he waits to see if Pep stays at Bayern, then makes a choice.  

We'll see.

My guess is he waits to see if Pep stays at Bayern, then makes a choice.  

We'll see.

I have no earthly what Klopp will do but I'll lay good money he has zero interest in Munich. 

I doubt he could do that to the Dortmund fans for one. And after the ill blood with Bayern plundering his best players because they could, I just can't see him having any incline to turn coat and go there at all. 

He says he wants a new project. A project where he's guaranteed to win everything domestically at a canter doesn't seem much of one to me. 

Hail. 

I have no earthly what Klopp will do but I'll lay good money he has zero interest in Munich. 

I doubt he could do that to the Dortmund fans for one. And after the ill blood with Bayern plundering his best players because they could, I just can't see him having any incline to turn coat and go there at all. 

He says he wants a new project. A project where he's guaranteed to win everything domestically at a canter doesn't seem much of one to me. 

Hail. 

Time will tell, but I wouldn't bet on the English Tabloids, who had every good player in the world coming to EPL, and nothing.

As for "plundering" players, Pool signed more players from Southhampton than Bayern did from Dortmund.  And Dortmund let him go, not the other way around.  He said he loves Germany and would like to stay.

The only guarantee is that Chelski and Citeh will dominate EPL, every other year.  He'd rather go to a side that competes in every competition rather than one who have NO chance to win anything.

The only guarantee is that Chelski and Citeh will dominate EPL, every other year.  He'd rather go to a side that competes in every competition rather than one who have NO chance to win anything.

That's why FSG stand at the crossroads. They're slowing learning that their brand of 'moneyball' doesn't work in the modern, money driven game. If they seriously want Ancelotti or Klopp, then they need to go all in, offer them whatever either requires, and back them to the hilt whilst reevaluating themselves and the upper management structure at the club. 

It's not so much been not being able to attract top players as the type of players they've been targeting. They change that, and the whole landscape changes. 

And you didn't seriously just try compare L'pool taking 4 players from Southampton the last two years to Munich taking their only serious rivals main two players did you?

Hail.