Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Defo. 

And Txeira apparently ripped Leeds to shreds last night on his Brighton debut. Scored one and won the free kick they scored the second. 

This year with Sami down South will serve him well too. 

Hail.

That's not saying that much right now - we are bringing in a lot of new players but the coach we brought in from non-league football does not seem to have much idea about how to use them. Go figure.

• Like 1

I wish we'd finalise something with someone and end this incessant speculation.

Another week and a half of this will be torture.

Hail.  

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing this afternoon.

Probably just making final offers on his top 5 list and going with whoever counters something not-so-silly.

Ok ya'll time for me to annoy you all with more stories and pics of my son's soccer games and progression.

His Junior Varsity High School team had their season opener last night.

They ended up falling to a very strong team 3-2 after a very rough first half. We came out extremely rusty and didn't seem really ready to play.

About 10 minutes in my son successfully defended a PK, which settled him down a lot but was VERY exciting and encouraging!

The three goals each came off defensive mistakes, 1) a cross that hit a defender in the stomach but he was turning away from the ball deflected it into the goal, 2) off a corner kick a defender tried clearing the ball but put it to the center just in front of the keeper box which has an all too predictable result, 3) instead of just clearing the ball one of our defenders tried to outplay the opposing striker in defensive territory which resulted in a 1v1 against the keeper. My son committed and attacked but as he dropped for the ball the striker flicked the ball away from his hands and went in just shy of the post.

All in all a good outing for our young team and a 12 year old keeper playing high school soccer. We are very excited about our season ahead, and he's loving his experience!

14986085885_d57760f0d9_b.jpg

14986085735_9aecc8dbfa_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 4

Nice ASB! Sounds like a good first game...lots to learn from!

My daughter scored from the DCM position in her first scrimmage as a varsity player (as an 8th grader... small private school that doesn't (yet) have a separate varsity and JV squad).

• Like 1

It looks like GHH may have to change his underwear! Balotelli is a done deal according to the Echo.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-liverpool-fc-agree-16m-7650058#.U_XeOlYF3iU.facebook

Gotta love soccer media man.

That report says it's done, I just read another that said Milan rejected it.

Who the **** knows at this point? Lol

• Like 1

Gotta love soccer media man.

That report says it's done, I just read another that said Milan rejected it.

Who the **** knows at this point? Lol

You will know it's done because GHH will post a video in here that will put all of the ice bucket challenges to shame.

So yes, as of now, stand fast.

It looks like GHH may have to change his underwear! Balotelli is a done deal according to the Echo.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-liverpool-fc-agree-16m-7650058#.U_XeOlYF3iU.facebook

Journos are a funny group.

They have a way of reporting nothing and getting a bunch of clicks for it.  I want to believe this one badly, but I'm just not up for it quite yet.

Reports in Italy claim AC Milan are already searching for a replacement for Mario Balotelli with the player seemingly on his way to Liverpool. Porto striker Jackson Martinez is reported to be Milan's top target should they sell Balotelli to Liverpool.

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has said that Angel Di Maria and Sami Khedira have asked to leave the club.

Sky Bet have suspended betting on Mario Balotelli's club having seen the Italian striker backed at as short as 1/10 to sign for Liverpool.

Sky Sport Italia are now reporting that AC Milan and Liverpool have agreed a fee of €20million (£16million) for Mario Balotelli with the player telling his team-mates today was his last day at Milan.

Wonder how Old Bay will take this news:

A couple of papers are saying that Hull City manager Steve Bruce is weighing up a bid for Blackburn’s £12million-rated striker Jordan Rhodes. Bruce is in need of another forward after selling Shane Long to Southampton and has reportedly been rebuffed by Manchester United’s Danny Welbeck.

Edited by RawBBQSauce

Wonder how Old Bay will take this news:

A couple of papers are saying that Hull City manager Steve Bruce is weighing up a bid for Blackburn’s £12million-rated striker Jordan Rhodes. Bruce is in need of another forward after selling Shane Long to Southampton and has reportedly been rebuffed by Manchester United’s Danny Welbeck.

2zswayh.gif

Rhodes can go quiet.  He's not scored yet this season and he had some longish barren patches last season, most notably the run in.  He's a goal scorer for sure, and when he's on he's an absolutely fantastic finisher, but nothing else.  I don't say that in a bad way.  But he's not an 'all rounder'.  I personally like my strikers to be goal scorers so it doesn't bother me that he's not the hardest worker when not on the ball.  Just depends on your philosophy I guess. 

I could see him potentially getting double digits for Hull at least.   But I would be sad to see him go.