Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Man, that's rough for Leeds.  Here's McCormack's reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we0SoPCyPJY#t=175

Not a bad day for Blackburn.  Lost Scott Dann to Palace but that was expected.  I reckon Kilgalon will take over for now, maybe get in a loan signing next week for cover.  Got in a winger that should go straight into the squad in Craig Conway, especially after the anouncement that Ben Marshall will be out some months.  A little thin at striker.  No idea what Leon Best's mentality is but I consider him a non entity.  Josh King can play striker so I imagine he'll cover there.  Again, maybe another loan signing there, too.  Hopefully Bowyer can get the best out of the lads and push for the playoffs.

A whole freaking month and we fail to sign NOBODY! First we bungle the Saleh deal through being tight ass'. Now we can't even agree a fee for Boris. You couldn't make this up if you tried

Get the prayer mats out boys and pray we get no first XI injuries.

Ian Ayre is a financial GENIUS!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

A whole freaking month and we fail to sign NOBODY! First we bungle the Saleh deal through being tight ass'. Now we can't even agree a fee for Boris. You couldn't make this up if you tried

Get the prayer mats out boys and pray we get no first XI injuries.

Ian Ayre is a financial GENIUS!

Hail.

As crazy as it sounds, this last one may not be Ayre's fault...

We signed a girl named Kim to our men's squad today, FWIW. An old hag too. 

We have one called Jordan if it helps. (Although he has improved a bunch over the past couple of months to at least look like a footballer now,).

BTW whom I know I'm not the only one in thinking REALLY needs to 'come out' but that's another story .....

Hail. 

As crazy as it sounds, this last one may not be Ayre's fault...

I don't understand the logic in spending all that time bartering over/ with Salah, only to lose him to Chelsea over money; and then be willing to pay 4 million more in what screams a late, last option, 'panic buy' move for the Ukrainian. 

The best position the clubs been in ages coming out the January window, with a serious chance of top 3, never mind top 4; and yet we fail to strengthen an already pretty threadbare squad. 

BR must be highly delighted in private. 

Hail. 

I don't understand the logic in spending all that time bartering over/ with Salah, only to lose him to Chelsea over money; and then be willing to pay 4 million more in what screams a late, last option, 'panic buy' move for the Ukrainian. 

The best position the clubs been in ages coming out the January window, with a serious chance of top 3, never mind top 4; and yet we fail to strengthen an already pretty threadbare squad. 

BR must be highly delighted in private. 

Hail. 

I agree. The silver lining of this window may be Ibe. I think he may some time. 

Nice story about an Everton supporter that even GHH will end up liking:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/everton-fan-gets-ll-never-walk-alone-tattoo-141517115--sow.html

Everton fan gets ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ tattoo for charity .....

Wow! What a selfless act from Mark proving that, as we know more than most in this City, it really is just a game and not that important to bigger issues like a young boys life in the great scheme of things.

Apologies for only now reading this. And praying that the op is a success.

Real heart warming story that restores your faith in human nature.

Hail.

Wow! What a selfless act from Mark proving that, as we know more than most in this City, it really is just a game and not that important to bigger issues like a young boys life in the great scheme of things.

Apologies for only now reading this. And praying that the op is a success.

Real heart warming story that restores your faith in human nature.

Hail.

Amazing lot, you Mersysiders.  You remind me of a large family.  Sure you fight with each other and delight when you get a win over the other - but as soon as one of your own is in need, you respond amazingly well and all pull together.

Well done.

• Like 1

Amazing lot, you Mersysiders. You remind me of a large family. Sure you fight with each other and delight when you get a win over the other - but as soon as one of your own is in need, you respond amazingly well and all pull together.

Well done.

*Nods knowingly.

This made me smile. Big. I won't bore folk by going off on one, but proud as all heck to come from one of the Worlds great City's with some of the most unique, salt of the Earth people you could wish to find anywhere on this planet. Yeah, we have our problems. But having travelled over most of this World, there's still no better place I'd rather come from.

Thank you for the kind words.

Hail.

To be fair to David Moyea Football GENIUS he keeps setting records. Just not good ones.

Stokes first win over Utd since Boxing Day 1984. Another to add to the ignominy of this season.

Good day bar Everton's win.

Hail.

Not to mention I haven't seen 7 minutes of stoppage time since that time we aint nothing but beef for two days. 

That was a great start to the weekend along with Borini playing well again.

• Like 1

McDermott reinstated as Leeds manager. I love McDermott and I'm happy about it but its till absolute madness. What a win against Huddersfield today though 5-1  :o

Genuinely the strangest 24 hours the club has ever seen. What a hero Ross McCormack continues to be for us though.

• Like 1

McDermott reinstated as Leeds manager. I love McDermott and I'm happy about it but its till absolute madness. What a win against Huddersfield today though 5-1 :o

Genuinely the strangest 24 hours the club has ever seen. What a hero Ross McCormack continues to be for us though.

You really could not make it up.

Going to be an interesting week ahead at Elland Road. There will be lawyers ....

Edited by MartinC

I honestly didn't think it could get any more farcical at Leeds than the Risdale and subsequent Bates days but I've been proved wrong.

Good that fan revolt has had the manager who should never of been sacked in the first place reinstated. Beyond laughable that it came to that to begin with.

I fear for you lads that this is the beginning of a Wednesdsy type slide.

Hail.

Next season's rumored Kits...

https://twitter.com/bondredLFC/status/429670054477963264/photo/1

This is typical of what I have come to expect from Warrior: A decent Home Kit (not as good as their previous two efforts). An average Away Kit (better than last year's). A questionable Third Kit (much better that the previous two). Who designs these things? How long is the Warrior contract? I can't wait for a new company to produce Liverpool's gear...

Edited by jobaga

Next season's rumored Kits...

https://twitter.com/bondredLFC/status/429670054477963264/photo/1

This is typical of what I have come to expect from Warrior: A decent Home Kit (not as good as their previous two efforts). An average Away Kit (better than last year's). A questionable Third Kit (much better that the previous two). Who designs these things? How long is the Warrior contract? I can't wait for a new company to produce Liverpool's gear...

anything beats that black and purple vomit.

• Like 1

anything beats that black and purple vomit.

I agree that this rumored third kit is much better than the first two Warrior produced. Unfortunately, that isn't much of an accomplishment...

I love the idea of going back to a yellow away kit, but I don't like the placement of the red piping. If they modify and change some things, this could also be the best away kit Warrior has produced as well.

If they remove the piping on the side and arms and make the piping around the collar smaller, the home kit will be just fine...

Home kit should be all red with a white trim.

Away kit should be white shirts with a red trim, black shorts, and white socks with a white trim.

With a yellow third shirt if needed. (Shorts and socks can be a mixture of the home/ away.).

'Keepers jersey should be green with the relevant home/ away shorts/ socks to match the other players.

All boots shoul be black. Anyone wearing blue boots should be publicly flogged in the centre circle at half time until he cries for his mom.

So I'm a traditionalist. Bite me!

That is all.

Hail.

• Like 1