Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Ohhh Robin van Persie.... lol

How about those Reds?

I'll be back to talk more **** later, I'm taking my kids to the zoo.  What a game.

Skirtl even looked okay.  Great team effort.  And I love my Mignolet.

Mosses, Sahko and Ilori watching in the stands...

• Like 1

Someone check on GHH and make sure he's ok. I know he's at the Pub slammin' a couple down after that clean sheet. By the way GHH, good game, even though Utd. was losing their cool in the 1st half. Thought someone was about to be sent off today. But Rooney down for a couple of weeks they say, no goals scored since the Swans. 

So boosted after that win. Seeing RVP cry like a little girl made it all that much sweeter.

Sturridge might end up with 25+ goals if he carries on. I'm not sure how he'll do with Suarez when he gets back. But that's a good problem to have.

So glad were gonna get Sakho and Ilori. Sakho is exactly what this team needed. Skrtel will surely leave in January though. I can't imagine him being 4th choice after all this. But for the first time in a while, I'm very assured about Liverpool's CBs.

I like that Moses is a natural winger, but I really wish we could have done better than him. But if he's a makeshift for this season, then maybe we can spend some real money on a winger next year. Or better yet, either Sterling or Ibe really take that role on, as they'll be a year older and wiser.

Thank you DC21. Very magnanimous of yer's. 

'L'pool, Top the League. L'pool L'pool Top the League'

Man it's been that long since I've sung that I've almost forgotten the words.  :lol:

How good was that? Not a great game, but then it rarely is against United as nobody wants to lose face. I NEVER expected to be going into the International break sat pretty with 9 points from 9. We still have a dumbass propensity to sit on leads and again we got deeper and deeper against the worst team you can possibly do that against. But Utd were that bereft of ideas it didn't matter and was about as comfortable a 1-0 as you could wish for. Skrtel probably MOTM. Heck of a return. Although how RVP was free 6 yards out twice first half was ridiculous. But not quite as ridiculous as his finishing/ reactions today.  :D. Aspas totally anonymous again. He looks TOTALLY out of his depth. But all in all a solid team performance. I'll happily take 3 1-0's to open up with. 

Ecstatic about the Sakho signing. Young, top quality centre half. Strong, smart and classy. He can't get here quick enough. I know absolutely nothing about the young Portuguese defender, so can't comment there. A lot less happy with Moses. Never have rated him and all things being equal he should be swapping Chelseas bench for ours at best. If he takes away games from Sterling and Ibe's development it will make that one even more frustrating. 

Beating your most hated 'rivals' in the biggest game in World football to go top of the table. It doesn't get much better than that boys.  :D

Talking of our 'friends' from down the road ..... Worst start to a season in 5 years. Starting Giggs at 504 or however old he is in your biggest game of the season. Bringing on a winger at full back. Long, hopeful straight hit and hope balls as the sum total of your attacking ideas. 2 games behind those blasted Scousers already ..... This all deserves another song. All together now .....

'David Moyes is a football genius .... David Moyes is a football genius ..... David Moyes is a football GENIUS!'  :D

Roll on the Lge Cup tie at the Theatre of Wet Dreams the end of the month and Suarez's return to haunt the liar! 

Can

not 

WAIT!

Hail. 

*And how good am I to be bevvied up and typing coherently. I thank you. I rock it's true. But then I was fortunate enough to be born 35 miles the right end of the East Lancs Rd so I would.  :D

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

At this point in his career, Giggs has no business starting on the pitch, and this is a huge match today. He could have started Welbeck, Kagawa at that position. It showed a lot today, and once he did replace him, it was too late. 

Do not question the wisdom of David Moyes Football Genius! He knows what he doing! (Even if nobody else does.).

The man is a God and I hope he reigns in Salford for decades!

Hail. 

According to the BBC, Arsenal are on the verge of Mesut Özil for £ 18 million. not exactly what's lacking down in North London but it's a signing at least .....

Oh yeah, apparently today was 'the best United have played all year and they don't need to add to the squad' as per David Moyes Football Genius. Which just begs the question how bad were they prior to today .....?

Hail. 

According to the BBC, Arsenal are on the verge of Mesut Özil for £ 18 million. not exactly what's lacking down in North London but it's a signing at least .....

Oh yeah, apparently today was 'the best United have played all year and they don't need to add to the squad' as per David Moyes Football Genius. Which just begs the question how bad were they prior to today .....?

Hail. 

At this point (especially on the injury front), anybody is welcomed.

Great game against the Spurs today. The last minutes of stoppage time were gut-wrenching lol

Didn't see until today that this was the side that was going to end his "curse at Anfield".  And he put that in the press? 

I can't say I was comfortably in my seat at all during the 2nd half... but it was absolutely golden watching RVP cry at the hands of Skirtl of all people.

I hope Johnson is okay, he was a warrior today and had that key first half tackle on the Kop side and then the block in the second.  I think Mignolet had that go but you just don't know.

Lot's to be happy about.  I would love to see more goals as well. But 3 points are just that, especially with all the atmospherics you listed above ;)

Have a couple for jobaga and the rest of us, bubba.

• Like 2

..... Have a couple for jobaga and the rest of us, bubba.

A 'couple' of ten? 

I was ahead of you my good man and had it taken care of yesterday.  :lol: . There was a (not so) surprisingly good party atmosphere in town. 

'L'pool, top the League. Liverpool Liverpool top of the League!'  *I can quite get to like that one again, Always did have a nice ring to it.  :D

Hail.  

The BBC where a tad off with that £ 18 million fee.

It's £ 42 freaking million. Desperate much Wenger?

Hail. 

That's a lot of money, but Ozil is a great player. That's what happens when you wait until the last day. You buy a good player at an inflated price (just ask Damien Camolli)

Edited by jobaga

United are finished and Liverpool have won the league. Heard that song before but who knows this year might be different and it doesn't fade away into the background before Christmas.

Any Liverpool fan seriously thinking we're going to challenge for the league, let alone win it this year is getting WAY ahead of themselves. Our realistic aim going in was a Europa League place and further progression under this manager. But then with a great run of fixtures coming up to add to the start, there's no reason why we can't be pushing for a top 4 spot. 

United being finished as a serious threat themselves though ..... you're on point there.  ;).

Good luck well over paying for the Basque. United seriously lack goals and creativity from midfield. He won't provide it. But it is something to add to a dreadfully embarrassing window that has you scratting around at the deadline I guess. . Someone wants to tell David Moyes Football Genius that he's no longer at Everton. If you announce publicly a transfer target for Utd (Thiago, Fabregas et all) you'd better darn well make sure you can get them. 

Hail. 

Any Liverpool fan seriously thinking we're going to challenge for the league, let alone win it this year is getting WAY ahead of themselves. Our realistic aim going in was a Europa League place and further progression under this manager. But then with a great run of fixtures coming up to add to the start, there's no reason why we can't be pushing for a top 4 spot. 

United being finished as a serious threat themselves though ..... you're on point there.  ;).

Good luck well over paying for the Basque. United seriously lack goals and creativity from midfield. He won't provide it. But it is something to add to a dreadfully embarrassing window that has you scratting around at the deadline I guess. . Someone wants to tell David Moyes Football Genius that he's no longer at Everton. If you announce publicly a transfer target for Utd (Thiago, Fabregas et all) you'd better darn well make sure you can get them. 

Hail. 

We might be overpaying and we might not be time will tell. If you want a player from Bilbao that's the only way to do it as they don't negotiate. He's featured in the Spain u20's and u21's along with other borderline world class players that can't make it into Del Bosque's squad, much like Coutinho isn't a regular for Brazil but still a great player. I've seen him play about a dozen or so games for Bilbao and it's a gamble, but I understand why they're making it. I might be biased but neither Liverpool nor Chelsea outplayed United and despite the goal drought the midfield is still the weakest area of the squad and what we need is a better link up between the forwards/wingers and midfield. Someone that is constantly on the move and available for the ball with the creativity to get the ball into dangerous areas, which is exactly what Herrera does. If the only problem is Moyes and Woodward needing to do work that is more fitting to the stature of the club they're at I'm not too worried. Woodward can always be replaced.

Edited by SJValleySkinz

Moyes mucked it going for Fabregas and Thiago. Thiago basically said, "Meh, I'll keep my spot on the bench than play for you." A realistic target, and a good one, might have been Christian Eriksen. Instead, he went to Spuds.

I was just reading him on yesterday saying that was United's best display of the season. 

Well that was our worst display thus far so that's not a good sign. :lol:

And now he's lost Herrera and Feilaini is looking REAL doubtful. (Which will make Fellaini a hated man amongst Evertonians as he's been made to look a complete tit handing in a late transfer request.). So that's two bodged release clauses this summer. You couldn't make this **** up if you tried. 

David Moyes Football GENIUS!

And Lukaku reportedly on the verge of turning down Everton for West Brom just makes tonight funnier and funnier.

Hail. 

*Edit* Bugger. Lukaku has joined the bitters. 

And Utd look to have finally signed a (consolation prize) player. Fellaini for £ 27 million.