Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

If you ever get a chance to see a Jose Mourinho training session, you'd love him even more. There's just a brilliant, effective "simplicity" to it. "Simplicity" because, like the game itself, looks simple but it's just made to look so by people who play it really well. Awful teams make it look like it's so hard. 

I have and he certainly does. 

This IS a simple game oft complicated by modern coaches like Rafa who think their cleverer than they actually are.

I could go on and on about Mourinho, but that's another thing that always stands out when any of his players talk about him. How enjoyable he makes training and how they all relish going into work everyday. Preseason for one will of been welcome this time at Chelsea again as the ball would of been out there from day one. You get fit to play. Not to run marathons. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Except Cristiano Ronaldo. Those two didn't like each other, Ronaldo just thinks he can do whatever he wants (which he seems more than entitled to do so). In the grand scheme of things, this issue was really only applicable to matches against Barca and the CL series against Dortmund. La Liga is so weak that that they really didn't have to be super sharp and cohesive week in and week out. 

The fit to play and not run marathons is a key mindset. 

Hipster Wenger is money. I'm honestly surprised he's going for Suarez. He's already at his peak. I always thought if Wenger was gonna buy, it'd be some 17 year old French midfielder who was going to be the next Xavi/Ronaldo. That way he could develop him properly. I never thought he'd want a developed player.

Sturridge looked sharp yesterday. Coutinho wasn't quite himself, and still stood out. I can't see him staying past next season. Teams will be lining up to pay the kinds of fees that make Bale's quoted price look like peanuts. He's money, flashy, classy, young, AND brazilian. Literally every tick mark is checked. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's absolutely adoreable. He looks like everyone's nephew.

I would love to get Willian if nothing else just to make a statement. He's a hell of a winger, and with his creativity, Coutinho's ball playing skills, Sturridge's selfishness, and Suarez' bite, we could be something.

But we still have to get a CB, especially when Skrtel is gone. Toure looked good yesterday, but we need depth. Coates is wack. Kelly is prone. Wisdom is a baby.

Looks like NBC struck gold with the ratings this weekend with the EPL or BPL as they are using on a hashtag.

Premier League debuts to improved ratings on NBC, NBCSN

The NBC Sports Group improved 67 percent from ESPN and Fox Soccer's coverage last year.

NBC Sports Group bet big on the Barclays Premier League, and the first day of coverage gave them a reason to chear, as the league debuted to record American ratings.

The triple-header on NBC and NBC Sports Network (Stoke City-Liverpool, Aston Villa-Arsenal, Manchester United-Swansea City) averaged an 0.5 rating. While still small compared to a lot of other sports, that's up 67 percent from the average for the three opening Saturday games that ESPN and Fox Soccer broadcast in 2012, which drew an 0.3. In addition, fans streamed more than four million minutes of coverage on NBC Sports Live Extra, which showed every game being played that day.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/8/18/4633606/premier-league-improved-ratings-on-nbc-nbcsn                                                                               

Also, the Swans-Man Utd game had a 0.8 rating, with DC leading all the markets with a 2.2 rating. Gotta say, I'm happy with the coverage NBC brings now, and they have Martin Tyler with the play by play. NBC is actually doing it right.  

Im a little upset with NBC. I missed out on the Everton game because I was lead to believe that the games would also be available on demand. Apparently they MAY do more on demand in the future. And Everton is only on Extra for the next couple of weeks.

Well Hell, 

How dare they leave out the LITTLE clubs !!!?  ;)  :D

Hail. 

Im confused, wasnt Liverpool on the normal channel? I was saying Everton wasnt. You know, the club that Liverpool keeps finishing behind. :D

Well that's gratitude for you. We stand aside the last two years to let you fulfil the sole objective of your ambitions and finish above Liverpool so at least you finally get some modicum of success through the continued trophy wilderness and let you put the bitterness aside for a time; and still your not happy. 

November 23. Wouldn't bother getting up early that Saturday Mr P.  ;)

The winless  run in your Cup Final continues .....

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Looks like Willian is in  London right now allegedly.....

Ruskies said he chose Tot'num but they've been wrong before.

**** him.  :)

Henderson!!!... we RIDE!!! :(  ?

Edited by DC9

Well that's gratitude for you. We stand aside the last two years to let you fulfil the sole objective of your ambitions and finish above Liverpool so at least you finally get some modicum of success through the continued trophy wilderness and let you put the bitterness aside for a time; and still your not happy. 

November 23. Wouldn't bother getting up early that Saturday Mr P.  ;)

The winless  run in your Cup Final continues .....

Hail. 

Eh, I dont really pay attention to where Liverpool is, they arent usually in my sights since Everton is focused higher up the table then were Liverpool keeps ending up.

Im looking forward to the 23rd, not too worried about it. But no worries, if my some miracle Liverpool gets a result Ill be here. :P

I want Manchester United and Moyes to fail in a glorious fire ball of doom.

..... I want Manchester United and Moyes to fail in a glorious fire ball of doom.

Some things just unite reds and blues.  :D

Hail. 

*Edit* Everton basically telling Utd to go **** themselves over the laughable double bid has been fun to watch the past 24 hours. 

Watching PSV against Milan in the qualifier. (No European footie so my attention turns to Milan for the year.).

There's some terrific youth coming through at Eindhoven. Average age tonight is 21 and their looking fantastic. 1 down at the half through inexperience (old school European game from Milan. Sitting and hitting on the break to grab the away goal); but this young PSV side is creating chance after chance.

Hail. 

*Edit* Finished up 1-1. But I wouldn't be surprised to see PSV score in the San Siro next Wednesday. Some real good young talent in that Eindhoven side. If naively inexperienced as yet. Enjoyed that game. 

Some things just unite reds and blues.  :D

Hail. 

*Edit* Everton basically telling Utd to go **** themselves over the laughable double bid has been fun to watch the past 24 hours. 

Yep! I have been enjoying that very much. It also keeps increasing my dislike of Moyes. I remember many a time he would make some comment about teams making "insulting" bids for our players and how disrespectful it was. Hes the worst offender now.

Im afraid though RVP will save Moyes from too much embarrassment though. I dream of watching them drop out of the top 4. :D

• Like 3

If he goes down then they are screwed. 

Sadly I don't see any serious threat to them dropping out of the top four. But I equally don't see them challenging for the league and the drop off between themselves and Chelsea and City to increase as we go.

Utd's cycle is coming to an end. 

And yeah, the complete hypocrisy of him thinking he can now, because he's at Utd, bully Everton into accepting a ridiculous, and as you quite rightly point out highly insulting low ball offer for two major players after he was on the other side of that the past decade or so has to be seen to be believed. How quickly he forgets and things change when the shoes on the other foot. All credit to Everton for standing firm and telling it like it is.  

Hail. 

• Like 1

Willian having medical at 'Spurs as I type. 

Just where the **** are they getting the money? That'll be £ 90 million spent with around £ 23 million back in. And no major wages left. Crazy. 

Presumably Bale will now go through but as I type he's still a tottenham player. 

Hail. 

Willian having medical at 'Spurs as I type. 

Just where the **** are they getting the money? That'll be £ 90 million spent with around £ 23 million back in. And no major wages left. Crazy. 

Presumably Bale will now go through but as I type he's still a tottenham player. 

Hail. 

Who knows... I'm more convinced that they have one dude on a laptop who serves as the "scouting department" and anytime LFC goes after a player they do the same.

Not allegedly DC. He was spotted this avvi. The lure of London still holds sway for foreign players. 

Still another two weeks to go yet. That French dude has arrived on a years loan today. The left back.

The Everton/ Utd spat has been more amusing today.

Hail.  

Does he get anytime this weekend you think?

• Like 1

Yep! I have been enjoying that very much. It also keeps increasing my dislike of Moyes. I remember many a time he would make some comment about teams making "insulting" bids for our players and how disrespectful it was. Hes the worst offender now.

Im afraid though RVP will save Moyes from too much embarrassment though. I dream of watching them drop out of the top 4. :D

There is a chance this year.  We'll see.