Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Ridiculous. When he returns in a years time, that's another year nearer the end of his contract with his value depreciated from now.

And like you mooted, if we're in that much need to get high earners off the books to fund any more acquisitions; then the concern on the American owners grows.

Hail.

FREE FRED! MAKE THE PEOPLE HAPPY!

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Top spenders

1) AS Monaco (L1/FRA) 144 M€ (Falcao 60 M€, James Rodriguez 45 M€, Moutinho 25 M€, Toulalan 5 M€, Martial 5 M€, Isimat-Mirin 4 M€)

2) Manchester City (D1/ANG) 118 M€ (Fernandinho 40 M€, Jovetic 30 M€, Negredo 28 M€, Jesus Navas 20 M€)

3) PSG (L1/FRA) 110,9 M€ (Cavani 64,5 M€, Marquinhos 31,4 M€, Digne 15 M€)

4) Real Madrid (D1/ESP) 74,5 M€ (Illarramendi 32 M€, Isco 30 M€, Carvajal 6,5 M€, Casemiro 6 M€)

5) Barcelona (D1/ESP) 57 M€ (Neymar 57 M€)

5) Bayern Munich (D1/ALL) 57 M€ (Götze 37 M€, Thiago Alcantara 20 M€)

7) Borussia Dortmund (D1/ALL) 50 M€ (Mkhitaryan 27,5 M€, Aubameyang 13 M€, Sokratis 9,5 M€)

8) AS Roma (D1/ITA) 49,89 M€ (Strootman 20 M€, Benatia 13,5 M€, Jedjav 5 M€, Destro 4,5 M€, Verre 2,5 M€, Caprari 2 M€,
Piscitella 1,5 M€, Skorupski 890 000 €)

9) Chelsea (D1/ANG) 31,4 M€ (Schürrle 22 M€, Van Ginkel 9,4 M€)

10) Napoli (D1/ITA) 30,45 M€ (Mertens 9,7 M€, Callejon 9,5, Rafael 5 M€, Armero 4 M€, Calaio 1,25 M€, Radosevic 1 M€)

Edited by FrFan

In the UK, the super tax rate of 40 % kicks in when you earn over £ 32 K year. And rises to the top level of 45 % when you top £ 150 K. BUT many EPL players are using complex tax loopholes to in effect scam the government and Country. Their basically splitting their wages between base salary and image rights; having the image rights paid into a holding company; and thus only paying the 22 % business tax rate rather than personal tax. IIRC Rooney for one had saved something like £6/700 K in tax over a two year period. The Government were supposed to be looking at reforming the system to stop thus, but I honestly don't know where they are at. The mega rich ALWAYS find a way.

Monaco is a tax free haven (and my absolute favourite place on the planet along with Venice) in so much as you don't pay income tax on any level. (There is a whopingly high VAT rate though on all goods and services.). The ironic thing there is the French just recently hit the mega rich players for 75 % tax I believe in a desperate bid to stabilise the economy.

Those living in the Proncipality were allegedly heard laughing all the way in China .....

Of course I'm no financial expert so I make no apologies for wrong information. Lol.

Hail.

In the UK, the super tax rate of 40 % kicks in when you earn over £ 32 K year. And rises to the top level of 45 % when you top £ 150 K. BUT many EPL players are using complex tax loopholes to in effect scam the government and Country. Their basically splitting their wages between base salary and image rights; having the image rights paid into a holding company; and thus only paying the 22 % business tax rate rather than personal tax. IIRC Rooney for one had saved something like £6/700 K in tax over a two year period. The Government were supposed to be looking at reforming the system to stop thus, but I honestly don't know where they are at. The mega rich ALWAYS find a way.

Monaco is a tax free haven (and my absolute favourite place on the planet along with Venice) in so much as you don't pay income tax on any level. (There is a whopingly high VAT rate though on all goods and services.). The ironic thing there is the French just recently hit the mega rich players for 75 % tax I believe in a desperate bid to stabilise the economy.

Those living in the Proncipality were allegedly heard laughing all the way in China .....

Of course I'm no financial expert so I make no apologies for wrong information. Lol.

Hail.

Higher tax rate is 40% and starts at £35K per year the super tax bracket is 45% and starts at income over £150K per year (it was 50% until April this year). The image rights loop hole has been closed - a lot of Premiership footballers got huge back tax bills and lost a lot of money through bad tax advice and avoidance techniques. Its this image rights loop hole which has got Messi into hot water in Spain as I understand it.

The way the image rights thing works is you set up a Ltd company which sells your image rights on your behalf. You then have your club decrease your base salary significantly and increase the amount they pay you in image rights by the difference. The profits through your company are subject to company tax which is much lower than income tax - its 20% at the moment. Some of the real star players have justifiable cases here as their image rights are worth millions - Messi may have a good case for example - some were taking real liberties though with very low base salaries and silly amount being paid in image rights.

For example I know that quite recently England would pay players about £50K a year in image rights for a new squad member - the real top names who were being used in a lot of FA ad campaigns etc got more. Some very average Premiership players though were declaring several hundred £K a year as image rights. The tax man got sick of being taken for an idiot and clamped down hard.

What do you all think about the possibility of the USA hosting the copy America in 2016 and combining the tournament to include both CONMEBOL and CONCACAF teams? The two confederations have been working about finally making this a reality, and a decision is supposed to be made on it in the near future. The tournament would include then 10 CONMEBOL teams, along with 6 from CONCACAF.

If they can get make this happen, it would be a monumental tournament, and, more importantly for the executives, would be a huge money maker. And, if its a success, could possibly lead to a joint copa for years to come.

One of the main issues that they are running into is the fact that right now this is not a FIFA recognized event, and this club teams would not be required to release their players, making it a tournament full of B teams.

Personally, this event has upside all over it, and could only be good for the US. Not to mention, it would add another major tournament in between world cups to hold people over. I really hope this can get worked out.

Lets see now .....

Liverpool/ Chelsea is a long standing dislike that's been there as long as I can remember and my first game was back in 1981.

Roma hate us as much if not more. 1984. Liverpool did what no other club in the World probably could of done at the time when we went into the Lions den of the Olympic Stadium in Rome and beat Roma on their own patch for our 4th European Cup. A game with such levels of violence after Lazio fans were out on the streets of Rome protecting us and going at Roma. The start of what happened in Brussels 12 months later against Juve but that's another story. 2001. The second treble winning season. We dump Roma out of the UEFA Cup in the quarters after another magnificent win in Rome on another very ugly, violent night. Then we dump them out of the Champions League group stage a year or two later. There's a reason they call Liverpool the 'Red Death' in the Roma side of Rome. Totti, who was a ball boy back in '84, openly admits he hates us every bit as much as Lazio. And he's Roman born and bred.

So two teams we love to hate/ get equal hate back.

I'll pass. Enjoy Monk man. I hope you both lose. Lol.

Hail.

What do you all think about the possibility of the USA hosting the copy America in 2016 and combining the tournament to include both CONMEBOL and CONCACAF teams? The two confederations have been working about finally making this a reality, and a decision is supposed to be made on it in the near future. The tournament would include then 10 CONMEBOL teams, along with 6 from CONCACAF.

If they can get make this happen, it would be a monumental tournament, and, more importantly for the executives, would be a huge money maker. And, if its a success, could possibly lead to a joint copa for years to come.

One of the main issues that they are running into is the fact that right now this is not a FIFA recognized event, and this club teams would not be required to release their players, making it a tournament full of B teams.

Personally, this event has upside all over it, and could only be good for the US. Not to mention, it would add another major tournament in between world cups to hold people over. I really hope this can get worked out.

I would love it, but the stuff with it not being a fully FIFA recognized tourney will probably kill what could be a great idea.

also for DC/American fans Gideon Zelalem looks to be the truth. I really hope he can get citizenship and not play for Germany, but I am not holding my breathe. He looks like Cesc.

Couple of thoughts

1)Fox rating for the US-SLV game was 1.2.  About equal to the champions league.  MLB pulls about 1.5 or so.  You can definitely soccer growing TV wise in America.  It should only get better with the EPL on NBC.

2)  Conmebol is giving us another shot with this offer.  We've insulted them by turning them down and sending crap B teams when they have invited us.  We need to do a great job of hosting.  Then we need to accept the invites.  South America has already asked MLS teams to come play in the Copa Libertadores.  These teams need to take it seriously and not bring some BS B teams like they do for the concacaf champions league. We won't be invited again if they do bring some back up squads.

And now we see why he's suddenly prepared to pay ..... Higuain is having a medical ahead of signing for Napoli. Another ridiculous loss by Wenger dragging his feet playing the role of accountant.

Suarez has now requested he be allowed to speak to Arsenal. Some conflict over the above £ 40 million clause.

The saga continues.

Hail.

Talking of Wenger .....

£ 40,000,001 the latest bid from Arsenal for Suarez. Guess he really does crave the Uruguyan huh?

Better, but still well short of even opening negotiations.

To quote Henry ..... 'What are they smoking at the Emirates?'

Hail.

Suarez is going to take you all to court. Something got mixed up.

Talking of Wenger .....

£ 40,000,001 the latest bid from Arsenal for Suarez. Guess he really does crave the Uruguyan huh?

Better, but still well short of even opening negotiations.

To quote Henry ..... 'What are they smoking at the Emirates?'

Hail.

Suarez is going to take you all to court. Something got mixed up.

I see a last day deal coming. Hopefully Liverpool will be better prepared to bring in a replacement than they were when Torres left. I fully expect Suarez to had in an official transfer request in the middle of August after Liverpool rejects all offers under 50 million...

Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

Love seeing the passion of our Worldwide fan base in maybe the only time they'll ever get to see their heroes.

Hail.

I would rather concentrate on that, opposed to all the Suarez nonsense!

I will keep it real with you. No one wants Suarez except Arsenal because most of the top strikers are at their clubs. I dont think Madrid does either. At most, 43 million but I see Suarez and his agent taking you guys to court over this. Arsenal did not make that bid without first talking to Suarez's agent.

Dont mind it tbf, he wont be eligible to play in premier league until September

see a last day deal coming. Hopefully Liverpool will be better prepared to bring in a replacement than they were when Torres left. I fully expect Suarez to had in an official transfer request in the middle of August after Liverpool rejects all offers under 50 million...

Edited by JoeWolf990

Arsenals bid was apparently £ 35 million plus add on' s. That to me is not 40 million and we do right to laugh them off.

God, if the £ 5 miillion add on's are ties to Areenal winning something we'll never see the money.

Hail.

And Richmond, said it before and I'll say it again. I LOVE the Westfallen. Been there twice for the UEFA Cup final in 2001 and a Chanps League group game and it blew me away each time. Steeped banked sides close to the pitch. A proper footie stadium. Great club ground. And a boss walk from the centre of Dortmund with bars every 15 yards or so ha ha

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

And now we see why he's suddenly prepared to pay ..... Higuain is having a medical ahead of signing for Napoli. Another ridiculous loss by Wenger dragging his feet playing the role of accountant.

Suarez has now requested he be allowed to speak to Arsenal. Some conflict over the above £ 40 million clause.

The saga continues.

Hail.

Have to agree with you on this one.  Arsenal promised its supporters that they would spend money and bring in some big players in this transfer market - then a day later sent out its season ticket renawal forms.  So far, it is just same old song.

The strange thing is that a striker isn't their top need, IMHO.  He would be a good addition, but won't make up for the central mid-fielder and CB that they really need to compete in the EPL for the whole season.

Absolutely bt.

Before Mourinho came back and changed things, if Arsenal had brought in 2 or 3 World class players through the spine of the team with experience like you mentioned I had you down to end the drought with City in disarray and Utd going with a novice. (Smiles as always at Richmond.).

I'll never understand Arsene's need to play budget manager at Arsenal. I mean I admire his principles. But he's there to win things not fall short because he won't splash out on what's needed.