Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

The embellishment needs to be stopped. It's nothing different than Reggie Miller used to pull. 

It's just such a fine line, I'm not advocating for it, but if I player doesn't embellish then he runs the risk of not getting the call. It's easy to say that "let the ref make that determination" but with soccer most fouls are a matter of degree (whether or not in impedes the foulee), BECAUSE the ref can choose to play the advantage. 

I'm not saying basketball is soft, not at all, but the threshold for a shooting foul is if the defender's hand makes contact with the shooters arm. Same with reaching in. 

Frankly, the ref can still award a foul but also caution for embellishment: An actual foul occurred but the person fouled resorts to theatrics. It would gradually "breed" it out of the game.

I really shouldn't laugh given the current state of affairs 35 miles up the East Lamcs at the club dear to my heart, but I just can't help myself.

Richmond, you are about to experience what I've lived through with both the Redskins and L'pool FC.

You're trophy laden cycle is coming to an end.

Hail.

I really shouldn't laugh given the current state of affairs 35 miles up the East Lamcs at the club dear to my heart, but I just can't help myself.

Richmond, you are about to experience what I've lived through with both the Redskins and L'pool FC.

Hail.

Yawn, you seem to think I'm severely concerned. I'm not.  I'm hoping you get your laughing/taunting in while you can and you've been doing quite a bit of it (I will remain silent for now).  Plus you aren't the only one to watch the Redskins struggles.  I dare say you probably have less to say about this because you've witnessed a super bowl of theirs.  I on the other hand was too young to remember it. 

Hail.

Do Scouse consider themselves British? I know they're not "English". But have you seen the twitter feed: https://twitter.com/SoVeryBritish

thechive.com has an amusing pictorial to go with it.

The Liverpool third kit is official. I do not know which is worse the away or the third kit, but I do know someone should have lost their job over these embarrassments...

500_51d4a2ed909af413227353.jpgshorts_51d4a2eeb47f7696303685.jpgsocks_51d4a2ef093fb601623377.jpg

Edited by jobaga

There is something inherently WRONG with Liverpool Football Club wearing blue. But the even sadder thing, given the nature of the 'Sky Generation', modern-day football 'fan' is it will doubtless be a big seller just because it has 'LFC' on it. There certainly is no accounting for taste amongst our fans these days .....

On a somewhat related note, that was about as good a deal as we could of hoped for Shelvey. (£ 5 million up-front. Another million potentially in add on's plus a sizeable sell-on clause.). Jonjo's been a funny one. All the talent in the World to be the complete central midfielder (I honestly thought he was going to be Gerrards replacement); but WAY too much of a hothead that had it all go to waste. I don't know if that says more about his own attitude or the culture/ coaches at the club who couldn't curb it and calm him down. I guess time will tell as to what playing under Laudrup and belief in him will produce. 

Good luck to him regardless. Always liked the kid. Unless it comes at L'pool's expense of course .....  ;)

A little over a month to three day break on the ale in Dublin as a Euro 'substitute' against Celtic. Counting down the days.  :D

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Too down on the catastrophic mess that is DCU to be excited for the you guys on a National scale Richmond. Sorry.

Hail.

If DCU didn't crap the bed so bad maybe Pontius would have been called up.  Got a bunch of MLSers on the roster. Wondo finally got a goal.  Donovan had two last night.

They won everything last year and now have taken the best two players from their only real competition in the bundesliga. They are serious in Munich...

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/bundesliga/story/robert-lewandowski-set-to-join-bayern-munich-next-season-borussia-dortmund-manager-jurgen-klopp-070713

**edit**

I just realized that Lewandowski will play for Dortmund this year and join Munich when his contract expires. They may be going for a threepeat at that point...

Edited by jobaga

With 6 months on his contract? They'd be lucky to get half of what Bayern would of paid.

It sucks that Dortmunds biggest rivals can plunder their talent through greater wealth.

But in today's game it's absolute folly to stand into that.

Haul.

It annoys me like hell. Why do you think the Bunda sucks in European competitions outside of Bayern?  Munich just takes all the good players from any competitive team in the league.  Soon as any Bunda team rises up Munich is there to knock them down by taking the good players.  I truly detest that club.  That and the fact everyone revolves around that club especially now.  I love how on FIFA 13 no one use to use Bayern and suddenly everyone picks them and puts some lame pressure crap on.  I respond to that by giving them a 10+ goal beat down.  Liverpool I actually don't hate.  Maybe that's being a American Man Utd fan.  I respect their traditions and such though there certain things I disagree with when it comes to their fans.  Such as burning the US flag to symbolize their hate for the American owners (pissed off American Liverpool fans) or videos of them ripped jerseys of other fans backs for being near their section.  Though every fanbase has its idiots.  I truly hate Bayern.  I didn't use to do until I realize what they have come to represent. A club that literally buys its championships and puts a monopoly over its league.  Same way my german friend revealing he was from Kaiserslautern(has scarfs from there too) and yet roots against his hometown for Bayern.  I hate that. 

With 6 months on his contract? They'd be lucky to get half of what Bayern would of paid.

It sucks that Dortmunds biggest rivals can plunder their talent through greater wealth.

But in today's game it's absolute folly to stand into that.

Haul.

It beats getting nothing. I guess Hummels and Reus will leave soon as well...

It always amuses me how professional soccer (outside of the US) is more "American" than the big American sports. To the victor goes the spoils, biggest bank roll rules... that kind of stuff. No concern over parity or whether fans will still watch the sport if their team has NO chance of winning the league.