Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So Richmond Kickers lose 3-2 tonight. Two brawls broke out(both caused by opposing team). One was because they kicked our player intentionally in the throat while he was down(ref didn't give a card or anything). Our team and fans were pissed. The other was when the goalie hit our player from behind after he caught a free kick and was getting to rid punt. Our player received a red card for protesting after there was 5 blant hand balls in the box in a 2 mins span(no calls). We were leading 2-1 with 6 mins left before they called a ridic penalty. Then the other team scored when they played the ball with a high kick(thus nailing our player in the face and laying him out) and leaving a 2 on 1 situation which led to the goal. Bull**** much?

I lost the stream for the second half and gave up, so I can't say what the second half was like or if NY deserved it. But they sure as heck did the first half, which was even more alarming after DCU's great start. As ren said, soccer's a game of 90 minutes. You can't start as slow and as bad as that and expect to suddenly pick it up and get back into it.

What I found even more surprising as a neutral watching (if favoring DC); was how you can approach a game against your biggest rivals, at the top end of the table, like that. Both the Coach, for his preparation, and the players have to take their share in the first half showing.

I'd of been pretty darn pissed if I was one of the DCU fans who trekked up there to sit through such an abject first half display as that. Made worse by who the opposition was and the positions of the teams going in.

Pretty darn pissed indeed.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Still pissed at the first half showing. I had a bad feeling about this game after the way they played against Philly. NY is too good of a team to play that way again. DC after making the subs played extremely well the last 30 min. I believe they could've easily won but it wasn't meant to be. Boskovic better be starting next game.

First to second half really was night and day. GHH - you saw the first half and how NY owned DC on possession - the final possession percentages were like NY 54% and DC 46%, so they definitely evened things out in the 2nd half. They took their time to methodically create chances, they just couldn't finish on a few great ones. Happy with the 2nd half adjustments, but very unhappy at the overall performance. Like you said, it's even worse to see against a huge top of the table rival.

Edited by renaissance

So reading between the lines, it sounds like you left yourself's too much to do after that first half debacle; and paid dearly for the slow start. (Well, slow after the 'fast' goal. I know what I mean. :pfft:).

Hopefully that will be a jolt and harsh lesson learned for all involved for the rest of the season.

Hail.

funny how most people went from hating bosko (aka wanting him cut) a month ago to now wanting him to start. and i'm not singling you out boysetsfire, I'm just saying in general. and I agree that he should be starting. its just crazy how things have changed so quickly with him

Edited by Skinz4Life12

I never hated Bosko. I loved the signing from the start. He hasn't lived up to his contract per se but he has proven that he is a dynamic player with his passing and dribbling. He completed 32 of 39 passes. That's pretty damn good in my book. I really really hope he stays.

I never hated Bosko. I loved the signing from the start. He hasn't lived up to his contract per se but he has proven that he is a dynamic player with his passing and dribbling. He completed 32 of 39 passes. That's pretty damn good in my book. I really really hope he stays.

a month and a half ago i thought he was good as gone. now he's playing very well. i don't know what switched got flipped but he's starting to produce. i actually wish he would shoot more when he gets the chance. he had at least one or two looks yesterday that I wish he would have taken a chance on. he's got the leg to shoot it from 30 yards

As per the above Bosko convo, he was re-signed for another year through next summer today, with an option of a second year after that. Olsen obviously views him as an important, game changing component of the squad.

In case you missed it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/post/branko-boskovic-signs-new-contract-with-dc-united/2012/06/29/gJQA8aTaBW_blog.html?wpisrc=nl_sports

There's a DP slot freed up as well with the restructure of Boskovic's contract. Say's a lot of the guy himself that he's happy to take what looks a substantial pay cut to stay in DC.

Hail.

Bienvenue a Emirates, Golivier.

Arsenal making a move to sign Hugo Lloris, that would be a great deal, this GK gets better every year. It is also believed that Tottenham and Liverpool are also interested. Arsenal rejected an offer from Juventus for RVP.

Edited by FrFan

Arsenal making a move to sign Hugo Lloris, that would be a great deal, this GK gets better every year. It is also believed that Tottenham and Liverpool are also interested.

I'll stick with Pepe who would be the majority of Country's first choice if it's all the same. Unluckily for him he happens to have arguably the best 'keeper in the World in his way when it comes to the Spanish National side. If he buys into Rodgers philosophy, he'll finish his career at Anfield and go down as one of the best the clubs ever had.

Which he is already.

Hail.

*Edit* Talking of Reina and Spain, this is a cool vid on just how laid back the dude is, on the plane home form Kiev Sunday night: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/youtube-pepe-the-flight-attendant

Milan couldn't afford the transfer fee and his wages. ;)

Hail.

That's what most of the people said about Thiago Silva, Milan couldn't afford the raise he was asking, today he re-signed with Milan up to 2017. ;) PSG offered €46 millions for Silva, Berlusconi said no way, he is a trickster.

Edited by FrFan

Blackburn have made two decent signings already in Danny Murphy and Leon Best. It's kind of odd. I think the owners, even though they are daft, are actually trying. If they are serious in saying that Kean really does need to show results soon then the club may not be as doomed as I had thought. I just hope he's on a super short leash. He should already be gone, but what are you gonna do...