Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

Kante for ballon dor 

To be honest with you I did'nt follow any championship league during this season but why not. From what I remember he's a quite consistent player someone you can rely on when it matters the most. He's not acting like a diva, doesn't get into troubles off the field, doesn't talk like a stupid when interviewed by the medias. We definitely need more guys like him playing for France.

18 hours ago, FrFan said:

To be honest with you I did'nt follow any championship league during this season but why not. From what I remember he's a quite consistent player someone you can rely on when it matters the most. He's not acting like a diva, doesn't get into troubles off the field, doesn't talk like a stupid when interviewed by the medias. We definitely need more guys like him playing for France.

Absolute class footballer.  Can’t say enough about how amazing he is.  Will be pulling for France in the euros, if they win he will be highly considered for ballon dor 

• Like 1

Kante should get some of the hype thrown Pogba's way... 

Kante is a prototypical Defensive Mid on a team that was carried by its defense.  Pogba is a CM that shows flashes, but not enough.  It's unfair to compare them professionally, like a Center versus a Tackle (NFL analogy).   Playing together they are fantastic... 

On 5/31/2021 at 11:15 PM, Fergasun said:

Kante should get some of the hype thrown Pogba's way... 

Kante is a prototypical Defensive Mid on a team that was carried by its defense.  Pogba is a CM that shows flashes, but not enough.  It's unfair to compare them professionally, like a Center versus a Tackle (NFL analogy).   Playing together they are fantastic... 

Kante is not a DM. Maybe for France he plays that role I don’t know I’ll be watching to see in the euros, but ever since sarri came to chels Kante plays as an 8. And an exceptional one at that. 

it’s a really tough for me to call him an out and out 8. He has. Very specific role which is roam the pitch and win the ball. You will see him making a goal saving tackle in the defensive third just as often as a transition tackle in the final third that leads to a goal. 

And if you want to compare pogba and Kante as players I agree you can’t. One player is far above the other 

edit: also Chelsea are not a defensive team anymore. I mean sure we can play counter attacking footy, but we usually play possession football. And we created the most chances in the pl since tuchel came in. We play very attractive football but when pep plays no dm and 6 attackers you pretty much need to concede possession 

Edited by SkinssRvA

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 10:00 PM, SkinssRvA said:

Kante is not a DM. Maybe for France he plays that role I don’t know I’ll be watching to see in the euros, but ever since sarri came to chels Kante plays as an 8. And an exceptional one at that. 

it’s a really tough for me to call him an out and out 8. He has. Very specific role which is roam the pitch and win the ball. You will see him making a goal saving tackle in the defensive third just as often as a transition tackle in the final third that leads to a goal. 

And if you want to compare pogba and Kante as players I agree you can’t. One player is far above the other 

edit: also Chelsea are not a defensive team anymore. I mean sure we can play counter attacking footy, but we usually play possession football. And we created the most chances in the pl since tuchel came in. We play very attractive football but when pep plays no dm and 6 attackers you pretty much need to concede possession 

Superb use of hyperbole there bravo.

Meanwhile if I may transition to objective assessments, everything France does is built around how the two complement each other, and Pogba was as integral as Kante in 2018. You don't watch Pogba on a weekly basis and the English sports media have a major hardon for him for whatever reason, but he's one of the most gifted footballers on the planet. He's wired a little differently and that's held him back at United along with not being used correctly, but to dismiss his ability is absolutely insane. He can do things only a handful of players in the world can do on the ball, and Kante isn't one of them. 

Edited by Berggy9598

Both are great players with vastly different skill sets. I'm a big Kante fan, personally.

I think you can build a team around Kante, while Pogba would be the icing on the cake, someone you add to a good team to make it special. Kante has that Mascherano quality.

23 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Both are great players with vastly different skill sets. I'm a big Kante fan, personally.

I think you can build a team around Kante, while Pogba would be the icing on the cake, someone you add to a good team to make it special. Kante has that Mascherano quality.

Every player ideally needs players around him that accentuates his strengths and when you weigh out the benefits of doing so they are great in both cases. You can’t exactly say the clubs Mascherano played for in his prime were built around him either. Ironically Solskjaer landed the permanent gig because Pogba decided to be unplayable and did everything Fernandes is currently doing only better. Pogba’s issue is his moodiness but I don’t buy for a second he doesn’t have the ability of a player you build around, and I’ve watched every single one of his club matches from start to finish since he rejoined United. 

Edited by Berggy9598

Id love to see Chiesa on for one of the wide attackers for Italy. Locatelli and Jorginho are great at playing quick balls between the lines and Turkey is defending very narrow so having a wide threat might unsettle that back 4 a bit while maybe allowing Barella more space. 

On 6/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, Berggy9598 said:

Superb use of hyperbole there bravo.

Meanwhile if I may transition to objective assessments, everything France does is built around how the two complement each other, and Pogba was as integral as Kante in 2018. You don't watch Pogba on a weekly basis and the English sports media have a major hardon for him for whatever reason, but he's one of the most gifted footballers on the planet. He's wired a little differently and that's held him back at United along with not being used correctly, but to dismiss his ability is absolutely insane. He can do things only a handful of players in the world can do on the ball, and Kante isn't one of them. 

Pogba will go down as a talented player who didn’t fulfill his potential. Kante will go down as a legend. 

And yes, I watch pogba on a weekly basis. 

• Like 1

Some potentially good games tomorrow. It's just about put up or shut up time for Austria to at least make the knockout phases with the talent they have. I've heard some analysts mention Ukraine as a dark horse to advance in the knockout stages against Holland. England vs Croatia should be a great match and (hopefully) we'll see some of us England's young attackers get their first test in a big tournament. This batch of players feels like the 1986 World Cup team with quite a few technical players. 

On 6/11/2021 at 8:16 PM, Elessar78 said:

EUROoooooS.... I got a France/Wales final with France winning.

I'm quite pessimistic about it. Giroud is already starting a controversy in front of the medias about Mbappé, and I'm no fan at all of KB. Now Deschamps might have another trick up his sleeve. I wasn't a fan of his coaching prior to the previous WC but he proved me wrong.

Both Germany and Hungary will play with HFA, game vs Portugal will be played in Hungary.

England will play with the home field advantage throughout the tournament.

Edited by FrFan

Watching Hungary vs. Portugal. I really hate the offsides rule. I know it has been debated to death, and I understand why it exists, but there are situations where I feel that attacking players are unfairly restricted from making perfectly strategic and reasonable runs. Why should you get penalized for burning a defender? And why should you have to wait to make a run? Do wide receivers have to wait for the QB  to pass it before running past cornerbacks? No. 

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Watching Hungary vs. Portugal. I really hate the offsides rule. I know it has been debated to death, and I understand why it exists, but there are situations where I feel that attacking players are unfairly restricted from making perfectly strategic and reasonable runs. Why should you get penalized for burning a defender? And why should you have to wait to make a run? Do wide receivers have to wait for the QB  to pass it before running past cornerbacks? No. 

If there was no offside they wouldn’t have to make strategic runs. What’s football got to do with anything here as well? You’re grossly under informed and proposing rule changes.