Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, SkinInsite said:

With all the young french talents, it'll be a shame if their national team doesn't win multiple trophies.

With Le Graet at the helm of the FFF and his buddy Deschamps coaching we won't win anything.

La Liga referee carries Real Madrid bag filled with merchandise after awarding Los Blancos dodgy penalty in win over Villarreal

Edit: Another great coaching decision from Jardim, MBappé out Germain in = score

MBappé is the youngest player to score 5 goals in the CL

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Not sure what the name is but it's the club's restaurant where the team, president, etc go. He was there having dinner right after. Not making this up. 

This is must be how Pool felt after the final

I don't think you were that hard done.

Four handballs in a winner take all game is different than playing a man down in the 2nd leg of a tie.

I'd also argue we played a man down the whole tournament with Moreno at left back.

• Like 1

If Tielemans wants to really impress suitors and up his chances of a better move, tonight would be a good night on the European stage. 

Pretty anonymous the home leg. 

Can't see Utd not progressing but it's straight knock-out European footie so anything's possible.

FWIW, COME ON ANDERLECHT!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Hoping for an Ajax v Man U semi...and a BIG DUTCH UPSET!

Crap. Oh well, it's the little league guys against the big boys anyway. Anything from here on will be gravy. Just, would give me a warm, fuzzy if the Eredivise club could knock off the Manc monstrosity.

• Like 1

Just knew you wouldn't get another Madrid derby for CL.  Knew it was coming but it's shaping up to be a Real Juventus final.  My preference simply for a footie match would be Real vs Monaco you'd see some really open end to end stuff.  But the teams I want to win would be Atletico and Monaco.  

5 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Just knew you wouldn't get another Madrid derby for CL.  Knew it was coming but it's shaping up to be a Real Juventus final.  My preference simply for a footie match would be Real vs Monaco you'd see some really open end to end stuff.  But the teams I want to win would be Atletico and Monaco.  

Monaco is really surprising, they're still competing to win the french championship, will they have enough gas left ?

French clubs played Juventus 11 times they are 0-11 ! Juventus also has the best defense with only a couple of goals scored against them.

I'm afraid if Monaco advance and play Real in the final, they'll have to play vs the ref too, UEFA won't let them win, they carry absolutely no marketing value vs Madrid (hope to be proven wrong though:)). On the bright side it has been a pleasure to see such smart coach regaling us with a show time football.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

200 mil rumored kitty.  I believe it'll be at least half that cause the Red Sox traded instead of bought in Free Agency this offseason.

The rumor is the defensive mid from RB Lepzig, Sessignon from Fulham the leftback, Brandt, and van Dijk. 

Heard that we might be doing Sturridge and getting El Nino on a free as a third choice.  I will not be assed about that.

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Well, we can eliminate youth players. Maybe you all are going to try to buy Lukaku for 100 million plus. :D

*Youth players from England.  We'll just be doing business elsewhere.  Just got a Czech keeper and looking at a couple of Spainards and Brazilians.

And our U-23s could probably get a point from your senior squad :P

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Heard that we might be doing Sturridge and getting El Nino on a free as a third choice.  I will not be assed about that.

The Man, The Myth, The Living LEGEND Joe MF Gomez! aside, who is naturally on the highest of high plateau's all by himself, he was the last footballer I truly idolised. Suarez included. Those first two years man ..... Best striker on the planet and it wasn't even close. Absolutely broke my heart when he left for the rent boys.  

Talking of, this is a LONG read (it's a chapter from a book after all), but it's a brilliant one giving 'Nando's account of all that and toxicity running through the club off the back of those two ****ing ****bags Hicks and Gillete and the start of FSG. Gives you a WHOLE new perspective on why he left and makes you (me a least) like him all over again after that love turning to hate when he went there of all places. Goes to show there's a LOT we don't know behind the scenes. 

Some boss videos in there too. The one with every L'pool goal he scored ..... Some of those just serve to remind you how phenominally brilliant he was. And just LOVE that Spanish/ L'pool Nike ad of the time. 

Boss player. Boss song. Boss fella'. 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/04/fernando-torres-on-his-anfield-exit-a-complete-chapter-from-ring-of-fire-liverpool-into-the-21st-century-the-players-stories/

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DC9 said:

*Youth players from England.  We'll just be doing business elsewhere.  Just got a Czech keeper and looking at a couple of Spainards and Brazilians.

And our U-23s could probably get a point from your senior squad :P

Haha.

With how Everton completely craps the bed against Liverpool I won't argue. :D

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 2